New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I was driving along Araneta Ave. heading Quezon Ave. Just past the corner of Retiro (if I remember right) is a Petron Station.

I was running with the flow of traffic (~60kph) when a Toyota Innova pulled out of the Petron station straight into the middle lane where I was (hindi ata nag-aral mag-merge ito, rightmost lane muna dapat t*nga!).

So I slam hard on the brakes, I'm not sure if this is a newbie driver because when he pulled into my lane, he just froze there. The nose of the Innova is in my lane, the other half in the rightmost lane (diagonal position).

That was already a pretty dumb move on his part. We were both fully stopped at this point. Instinctively I just moved to the left to avoid him and continue on. I don't know how dumb this guy was but as I was passing him, he starts to move forward! Almost got sideswiped. Hit the Stebels. When we were both heading straight (me in the middle, Innova in the rightmost), I noticed that he was almost swiping paint with me (sobrang dikit). Even my passenger was startled. I really didn't know how dumb this guy was. Even if I just wanted to lose him, I don't have the engine power to do so.

Dumb driver ruined a perfectly good morning.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    hope that your ok sir. makakahanap din yan ng katapat niya.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    buti otep di ka na road rage.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    mukha ngang newbie driver otep.
    baka lalong nataranta sa stebels mo hehehe

5. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    si sir otep, di magro-road rage yan. he knows better than that...

looks like a newbie sir. mainit pa sa manibela yung nas Innova... anyways, hope you're ok.

OT: di ko lang alam kung ano ang meron ngayong araw na ito. kanina, may Innova rin akong naka-engkwentro. Silver na may dark plate covers. napansin ko na sya sa Kalayaan Ave. pa lang, then on Fort Bonifacio, aba e balak ba naman akong gitgitin... tapos wala pang 30 seconds, an identical Silver Innova, nagcounter flow, inspite of double solid lines... tsk tsk.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hindi ko alam kung road rage. Pero nung ayaw umalis sa tabi ko (baka sinisilip loob ng Pajero), kumabig na ko pakanan (towards him) at pinatabi ko na. Ayun nag-pull over sa gilid ng Araneta (baka nasigawan na ng amo ).

Pagdating yata sa Quezon Ave. nag-left na dun sa NO LEFT TURN. Hindi ko na nakita sa U-turn slot, eh.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    mukhang newbie yun ah.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Just be careful and exercise defensive driving always. Marami talagang ogags na driver.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    baka nagti-tek??? :D

10. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Imagine an 18 wheeler doing the same...full of beer pa.

Yeah, been there, done that. Keep your distance and just lose him. Not worth it.

ZDZ 238 Toyota Innova - Almost sideswipes me.