New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: When it rains, do you use your lights as courtesy to other drivers?

Voters
82. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

81 98.78%
  • No

1 1.22%
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogeyman
    Baka ang logic nila dun is, when you see lights in front of you, most likely you're on the road/pavement, so you don't have to bother with whatever's on the right side since shoulder nga yun. So to be sure that you don't collide into anything that's on the road shoulder, just follow the lights in front.

I still think it's odd; IMO, it still makes sense to make the shoulder visible by using the hazards. When the vehicle in front suddenly flashes a turn signal in thick fog, how do you know if its just pulling over? Baka sundan mo pa rin yun thinking that you're still on the road, yun pala lumiko na siya, na-wrong turn ka pa.

People get disoriented in thick fog and make unwise decisions.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    naalala ko kapag pumapasok kami sa mga base ng mga kano noong araw at natiyempong umaambon, pinabuksan na ng guard yung headlights.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    parklights with foglights whenever its really heavy.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by redorange
    People get disoriented in thick fog and make unwise decisions.
    Indeed they do. Thing is, how do we minimize those unwise decisions?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kasi dito sa pinas daming gumagamit ng emergency lane kahit di naman emergency. kaya yun naka park sa shoulder nag hahazzard para kita na may naka stop na vehicle. IMO, hazzard light are more use to catch other drivers attention ( who wouldn't look at flashing lights...hehehe) that something is amidst hence the use of it.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by redorange
    In California you are required to turn on your headlights if you are using your windshield wiper. If you must use your lights while driving you have to use the headlights, parking lights are not to be used w/o the headlights if driving. I guess that's why it's called parking lights and not driving lights. Hazards are for emergency situations only or when your vehicle is not functional in the middle of the road.
    ang fog lights para sa fog.

but, here its a common mistake na ang fog lights ay misken for driving light which are both aux. lights.....makikita mo sa groves ng lens or reflector ung use ng aux lamp..iba ang beam pattern ng fog sa driving,ha...fogs are mostly yellow and wide ang light pattern, will not glare the incoming traffic kasi pababa ang buga nyan, almost like your low beam... ang nakakaglare ay ung driving lights..straight beam pattern, just like your high beam...so pag mataas na sasakyan vs car, silaw agad...

i prefer ung 2-in-1, may fogs and driving...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    park lights during tolerable rain... dim sometimes bright lights on a heavy downpour... medyo lumalabo kase mata ko kapag sobrang blurry na ang daan so i use my brights... sorry kung irritating yung ganon to some...

...but what i hate are those who use their hazard lights... mas lalong nakakaduleng

9. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    I'm also gulity of using hazzard lights pero pag heavy downpour as in very low low visibility. Nasa EDSA ako nun gabi tapos biglang downpour. Lahat ng kasabay ko ganun ginawa tapos ang bagal so naghazard na din ako.

minsan kasi parang nadadala ka sa mga kasama mo sa daan: kung lahat sila nag-hazard, pati tayo makiki-hazard din...

pero lets give them the doubt, malay mo, nadala lang sa katabi....o sadyang hindi alam...

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
When it rains, do you use your lights?