New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by MRC23 View Post
    Got the same lead sir. Thank you. We are now gathering all the documents and file a case then we will file also at LTO.
    After various contacts one of my dad's friends also a BMW Rider that works in the same company searched their HR's list of the name that was registered to the Toyota Yaris and BINGO! we got name and mobile number. Apparently the driver was the husband of this Ma. Margarita Lopez during the accident. He told my dad that they did not stop because they think that he was carrying a gun. WTF? You almost killed the person and now you think he endangers you by thinking he has a gun? What an a__hole!!! Why not help the injured first! They also told my dad that they have reported this to the PNCC Office but my dad had been to PNCC since yesterday and not reports were made by these couple. They told us also that they will settle to us. We decided to teach this guy a lesson. We will file a case + settlement.... What do think you guys?

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by _Qwerty_ View Post
    natakot kasi baka may baril yung nasa motorcycle? parang mali yun.. pag naka aksidente ka.. you stop and dalhin sa hospital yung nabangga mo.. more likely they ran.. tapos na guilty kaya pumunta sa police station..

Best for us not to speculate as it wont help. That was their reaction as stated earlier.

Thank you.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by _Qwerty_ View Post
    hmm from the video.. hindi naman kailangan mag change lane nung yaris.. wala namang car sa harapan nya... bakit biglang nag change lane?? baka may ginagawa yan (nag text? nasa phone?) or biglang nakapikit, naidlip? tsk tsk tsk
    I was assuming the Yaris changed lanes because it was going back to the "normal" lane. As we all know the leftmost lane is only for overtaking purposes

4. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by fireblade View Post
    Best for us not to speculate as it wont help. That was their reaction as stated earlier.

Thank you.
    Well, the reaction was wrong. If you accidentally bumped someone, you help him out. Plain and simple. Otherwise, you're guilty of hit-and-run.

The only time you run away when you bump someone is when you bumped them because they presented a threat at that moment... like when a rider points a gun at you with an intent to jack your car (or something similar). But you don't simply run away, you run towards the nearest police station.

And no, babies in the car don't get my sympathy vote.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    i'm not speculating.. what they did is hit and run.. tapos ngayon they are giving alibis kung bakit ganon ginawa nila..

Thank you.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by digitalron View Post
    Well, the reaction was wrong. If you accidentally bumped someone, you help him out. Plain and simple. Otherwise, you're guilty of hit-and-run.

The only time you run away when you bump someone is when you bumped them because they presented a threat at that moment... like when a rider points a gun at you with an intent to jack your car (or something similar). But you don't simply run away, you run towards the nearest police station.

And no, babies in the car don't get my sympathy vote.
    I Agree!!!

A guy in a BMW Motorcycle doesnt pose a threat to a driver of a Toyota Yaris.
    And why would a guy in a BMW Motorcycle would try to jack a Toyota Yaris? =)
    What if the rider has extensive injuries?
    Would it be best to help him first and rush him to the hospital to save time
    and maybe his injuries is critical? Rather than go to the police station?
    Whats the use of a blotter if the rider is already dead because help was too late for him?
    If you were the rider what would you feel?
    ANGER!!!!
    Thats what my dad felt! A cat hit by a car and left to die by the roadside!

7. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by MRC23 View Post
    After various contacts one of my dad's friends also a BMW Rider that works in the same company searched their HR's list of the name that was registered to the Toyota Yaris and BINGO! we got name and mobile number. Apparently the driver was the husband of this Ma. Margarita Lopez during the accident. He told my dad that they did not stop because they think that he was carrying a gun. WTF? You almost killed the person and now you think he endangers you by thinking he has a gun? What an a__hole!!! Why not help the injured first! They also told my dad that they have reported this to the PNCC Office but my dad had been to PNCC since yesterday and not reports were made by these couple. They told us also that they will settle to us. We decided to teach this guy a lesson. We will file a case + settlement.... What do think you guys?

If you are referring to me sir, I do not work for that company. As stated in another forum site, I am bridging both parties to settle the incident amicably. And yes , they filed a report with the Bicutan police that same day. They are waiting for a call from the precint to notify them that there is a complainant. I spoke with your dad and the cage owner. I got the number of your Dad by calling his group affiliation and his company phone. I relayed to him the messages of the other party and he will get a call from the cage owner as I type this message.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Thank you sir for the help... I would leave this to my dad now...

Thanks to all for the help...

I hope all will be well...

But the lesson here is too help first the injured not anything else!!!

Save lives!!! Not save yourself by just filling a blotter!!!

Does my dad (The BMW MC Rider) look like a bad guy that will shoot someone? I dont think so!

So why not help him first!!!!

9. Join Date
    May 2005
    Again, emotions are still high and that is understandable. I/We are not here to say who was at fault and the aggrieved party. We are here to address the issue and solve the problem. Heck, I dont know both of them personally but I am just helping out bridge their communication.

Again, it is best to leave the arguments to traffic investigators so it may be settled. All of us were not there and we cant read their minds and what really happened. We dont know either why there was a change of lane as only a portion of the highway was shown. We also do not know the circumstances why the car owner reacted that way.

What we see on the pictures and the video is not enough.

Again, I do not know them personally. I spoke with the MC rider for the first time and same goes for the car owner. Just trying to help out rather than adding to the heat and typing what their minds have to say. If it wont help, I would rather shut up.

Think about it, is your post helping out?

10. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Again, emotions are still high and that is understandable. I/We are not here to say who was at fault and the aggrieved party. We are here to address the issue and solve the problem. Heck, I dont know both of them personally but I am just helping out bridge their communication.

Again, it is best to leave the arguments to traffic investigators so it may be settled. All of us were not there and we cant read their minds and what really happened. We dont know either why there was a change of lane as only a portion of the highway was shown. We also do not know the circumstances why the car owner reacted that way.

What we see on the pictures and the video is not enough.

Again, I do not know them personally. I spoke with the MC rider for the first time and same goes for the car owner. Just trying to help out rather than adding to the heat and typing what their minds have to say. If it wont help, I would rather shut up.

Think about it, is your post helping out?
    The bottom line is this: let us educate everyone. When one is driving a vehicle and accidentally bumps a person, the lawful thing to do is stop and assist the victim. No ands-ifs-or-buts.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Wanted for Hit and Run: Toyota Yaris ZSZ 570