New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    from what i understand, this privilege plate privilege, was initially "granted" to these people who did not ask for it in the first place, by another office. why, i do not know. nasilawan siguro.. is there a subsequent law that actually allows its existence? (i ask, because i know not the answer.)

aside from the pres and his vice, the supreme court chief justice and the 2 heads of the houses, i see no raison de etre for these plates.

the reason these abusive guys want it is so obvious (the wangwang culture! power and intimidation, what else!)

kung gusto nila, magpagawa sila ng plaka na may pangalan nila, para kilala kung sino yung nag-counterflow, etc.... don't hide behind the powerful anonymity of the "8", destroying its respectability..

and to our lawmakers: there are less than 300 "8"s in the country. anyone who abuses it, be it a genuine lawmaker, a family member, a servant, renders you all a black eye in the public's eye. if you can not control it, then rescind it.

lest we forget... it's a privilege, not a right.
    I agree that it should really be only the President, VP, Senate President, Speaker of the House and the CJ who should be granted such plates.

They can refuse the use of the plate if they want to. I had a relative who had the privilege to use protocol plates, then diplomatic plates however he always chose to have regular plates on his cars.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    I agree that it should really be only the President, VP, Senate President, Speaker of the House and the CJ who should be granted such plates.

They can refuse the use of the plate if they want to. I had a relative who had the privilege to use protocol plates, then diplomatic plates however he always chose to have regular plates on his cars.
    Still goes down to the question of "Why do members of Congress need these plates?"
    - Is their time REALLY much more important than the taxpaying public's time that they need to be given special traffic privileges?
    - Does it REALLY provide security? How many Senators or Congressmen move around without bodyguards and drivers? If at all, it provides a bigger target. Besides, if you wanted to have a hit on a Senator or Congressman, wouldn't you or the guy you're hiring actually do some research and figure out how to ambush the person?

This is bullsh1t! Get rid of the plates altogether.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    They all need it para YABANG lang. Pag ako naging presidente , bibitayin ko lahat ng mga yan:hang:

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by IMm29 View Post
    Still goes down to the question of "Why do members of Congress need these plates?"
    - Is their time REALLY much more important than the taxpaying public's time that they need to be given special traffic privileges?
    - Does it REALLY provide security? How many Senators or Congressmen move around without bodyguards and drivers? If at all, it provides a bigger target. Besides, if you wanted to have a hit on a Senator or Congressman, wouldn't you or the guy you're hiring actually do some research and figure out how to ambush the person?

This is bullsh1t! Get rid of the plates altogether.
    They (Congress, etc.) don't need those plates... I agree definitely! For security reasons??? WTF those plates and their driving manners on the road has actually added to their list of enemies in most cases.

UP prof, kin latest QC ?road rage? victims | Inquirer News

5. Join Date
    Apr 2013
    F
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    They (Congress, etc.) don't need those plates... I agree definitely! For security reasons??? WTF those plates and their driving manners on the road has actually added to their list of enemies in most cases.

UP prof, kin latest QC ?road rage? victims | Inquirer News
    Time to abolish congress so those privilege plates will be irrelevant:devil:

6. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by cardict View Post
    F

Time to abolish congress so those privilege plates will be irrelevant:devil:
    Correct and i agree! We don't need new laws, what we need is implementation of the law

7. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    from what i understand, this privilege plate privilege, was initially "granted" to these people who did not ask for it in the first place, by another office. why, i do not know. nasilawan siguro.. is there a subsequent law that actually allows its existence? (i ask, because i know not the answer.)

aside from the pres and his vice, the supreme court chief justice and the 2 heads of the houses, i see no raison de etre for these plates.

the reason these abusive guys want it is so obvious (the wangwang culture! power and intimidation, what else!)

kung gusto nila, magpagawa sila ng plaka na may pangalan nila, para kilala kung sino yung nag-counterflow, etc.... don't hide behind the powerful anonymity of the "8", destroying its respectability..

and to our lawmakers: there are less than 300 "8"s in the country. anyone who abuses it, be it a genuine lawmaker, a family member, a servant, renders you all a black eye in the public's eye. if you can not control it, then rescind it.

lest we forget... it's a privilege, not a right.
    remember: everyone has the RIGHT to be T*NGA.

but he abused that PRIVILEGE.

INABUSO NIYA O NG MGA TAONG GANYAN ANG PAGIGING T*NGA!

8. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    i saw a starex parked at Shakey's shaw blvd, nagulat ako bigla inikot nung driver yung plate number sa harap.. 2 yung plate number.. isang normal plate then isang "8" plate.. coding sya so naka "8" yung front.. since gabi na.. binalik nya sa normal plate..

9. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by _Qwerty_ View Post
    i saw a starex parked at Shakey's shaw blvd, nagulat ako bigla inikot nung driver yung plate number sa harap.. 2 yung plate number.. isang normal plate then isang "8" plate.. coding sya so naka "8" yung front.. since gabi na.. binalik nya sa normal plate..
    Wow! Parang yung kotse ni James Bond!

10. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    oo pero manual.. hihilahin tapos iikot.. bale back to back yung 2 plates..

Quote Originally Posted by ess View Post
    Wow! Parang yung kotse ni James Bond!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Walang Coding-coding Pala Ha (Douchebag Award Nominee)