New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by KingReyes View Post
    It doesn't work that way Sir. The letters pertain to the initials of the position, not the person's name. AFAIK, DPP stands for Deputy Provincial Prosecutor. This protocol plate is of the same rank as Provincial Prosecutors, City Prosecutors, Deputy City Prosecutors and Regional Trial Court Judges -- all of them bearing the number 16.
    thanks for the info sir. i thought it also works the same for #10 for justices plates where usually it's their initials that are on it. yan pala yung position na sinasabi sa akin that are the same rank nga as judges that i am not familiar with.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2013
    DPP,Douchebag People of the Philippines

3. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by cardict View Post
    DPP,Douchebag People of the Philippines
    Kopal ba?

Posted through phlpost.gov.ph

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    from what i understand, this privilege plate privilege, was initially "granted" to these people who did not ask for it in the first place, by another office. why, i do not know. nasilawan siguro.. is there a subsequent law that actually allows its existence? (i ask, because i know not the answer.)

aside from the pres and his vice, the supreme court chief justice and the 2 heads of the houses, i see no raison de etre for these plates.

the reason these abusive guys want it is so obvious (the wangwang culture! power and intimidation, what else!)

kung gusto nila, magpagawa sila ng plaka na may pangalan nila, para kilala kung sino yung nag-counterflow, etc.... don't hide behind the powerful anonymity of the "8", destroying its respectability..

and to our lawmakers: there are less than 300 "8"s in the country. anyone who abuses it, be it a genuine lawmaker, a family member, a servant, renders you all a black eye in the public's eye. if you can not control it, then rescind it.

lest we forget... it's a privilege, not a right.
    Last edited by dr. d; October 25th, 2014 at 11:42 AM.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    there are less than 300 "8"s in the country. anyone who abuses it, be it a genuine lawmaker, a family member, a servant, renders you all a black eye in the public's eye. if you can not control it, then rescind it.

lest we forget... it's a privilege, not a right.
    The truth is, those in power don't care what you think.

There are now thousands of 8 plates out there. 2 issued for each Tongressman, plus all those who never returned theirs upon completion of term.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    May kakilala ako ganyan din dati, his dad had a Congressman friend kaya meron sila 2 pairs of "8" plates, they switch it around their cars, nakakabit kung alin ang coding, that was around 2000-03, di na kasi valid yung plate nila kaya di na rin nagamit.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by french View Post
    The truth is, those in power don't care what you think.

There are now thousands of 8 plates out there. 2 issued for each Tongressman, plus all those who never returned theirs upon completion of term.
    I've seen vehicles sporting the "8" with circa year 2004/2007 series pa - 2014 na.

IIRC, these "8" plates used to include the congressional districts but was removed by our Honorable Congressman due to security issues DAW.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Obvious naman na naaabuso ang ganitong mga plaka. Dapat alisin na ang pribileheyong yan. Pero instead na bawasan o limitahan dinagdagan pa -kelan lang dinagdag pa yung number "17" di ba? What a shame.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    i might be persuaded to allow these privileged "8" plates... but only if it were welded onto the cars!

10. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Plain stupidity.

Why brag in the internet yung kagaguhan mo. Tapos pag na cyberbully magrereklamo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Walang Coding-coding Pala Ha (Douchebag Award Nominee)