New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    1. C-5 Libis after Eastwood

The U-Turn slot for southbound vehicles (across BMW) has been closed, so affected vehicles should take the slot under the C5-Katipunan flyover that is around half a kilometer away. Some cars are forced to cheat and take the U-turn slot intended for the other direction.

2. Katipunan Ave. (Blue Ridge part)

The intersection fronting Kopi Roti and Countryside Restaurant has been blocked as well, so motorists have to go all the way until the start of the flyover approaching Ateneo and take the slot underneath. For those going to the other direction, they will have to use the slot across Shell Blue Ridge.

Among others, these are two of those U-turn sets that require you to drive a few kilometers in order to get to them. Obviously, that's additional fuel, time and effort on the part of those concerned. This worsens gas woes, let alone continuous price hikes.

Is there a way to petition the reopening of the blocked slots? How do we ensure that we won't be given the wrong nod by the MMDA? High fuel rates consume our wallets. Longer distances eat up more time. :mad:

2. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by squala View Post
    1. C-5 Libis after Eastwood

The U-Turn slot for southbound vehicles (across BMW) has been closed, so affected vehicles should take the slot under the C5-Katipunan flyover that is around half a kilometer away. Some cars are forced to cheat and take the U-turn slot intended for the other direction.
    Actually, ok lang sa akin ang ginawa nila dito. Dati kasi nuong bukas pa yung mga u-turn after sa Eastwood iyong mga u-turning drivers eh kinikuha iyong tatlong lanes para mag-uturn. Tuloy nagiging isa na lang ang padiretso lalo lang nagpapatraffic. At least sa current situation eh sa ilalim ng flyover ang u-turn. Less ang traffic at mas safer pa at mas hindi nakaka-abala. Hindi naman ganuong kalayo ang half a kilometer. IMO lang po!

3. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    actually works to decongest traffic along c-5 in libis.

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    di ba may u-turn din after libis jolibee or sarado na rin yun

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    These U-turn slots were originally envisioned to emulate the big road circles that have been engaged by other countries (same as the Quezon City Circle) to eliminate traffic lights and ensure free flow of traffic in the city.

With this in mind, a pair of U-turn slots, completing a 'circle' should be spaced far enough to minimize congestion. IMO, at least half a km apart should be more like it.

:starwars:

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    A few weeks ago, I was driving along Libis (the side heading to Tiendesitas). When I reached the U-turn slot for Eastwood (the one near Starbucks), a 'shuttle service' Hyundai Grace decided to counterflow into the u-turn slot. Maybe he saw that a small sedan is making the u-turn and tried to force himself through.

So what I did was pull up beside the sedan with all my lights on and my horn on full press to block the Grace. Then another Pajero also pulled up behind me and did the same. The Lincoln Navigator behind him also blocked the slot.

The driver of the Grace was visibly irked. Kapal ng mukha. hehehe. When he left, I let the sedan pass and we entered the u-turn slot in the same order we were lined up in before the Grace came along.

I found out later that the next u-turn slot was underneath the Libis/Blue Ridge flyover. Maybe the van driver was trying to save some time by counterflowing into the wrong u-turn slot.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Ang Pinoy talaga,- kung makakalusot,- gagawin at gagawin.....

Look angry lang iyang mga kumag na iyan. Alam naman nilang mali ang pinasok nila,- sila pa ang galit?

:starwars:

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by bardigones View Post
    actually works to decongest traffic along c-5 in libis.
    Depende rin sa traffic bro, kung maluwag oks lang tolerable pa, pero pag peak hours na, yari ka,..pagdating mo bago palang mag U-turn from 4 lanes (5 pa nga ata ehh) magiging 2 lanes, parang embudo effect, yun tuloy mga dadaan sa overpass pa libis, nabblock nung mga nag-u-U-turn occupying from left lane going to right. Lintek na mga ogags talaga oh! Kaya ako, tunga-nga at kamot ng ulo nalang eh!

Taga Greenpark Pasig lang ako, madalas din ako dumadaan dun (formerly infront of BMW U-turn) papuntang Ortigas o Makati, pero nung lumayo na yung U-turn pa-overpass, di nako nagbalak, dito nako lagi dumadaan sa Manggahan Floodway going Rosario,.. ang layoooo ehh,.. yung nga lang BAKU-BAKO ang kalye right after ng floodway (tapat ng Caltex), mapapahinto ka, buwiset!

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by squala View Post
    2. Katipunan Ave. (Blue Ridge part)

The intersection fronting Kopi Roti and Countryside Restaurant has been blocked as well, so motorists have to go all the way until the start of the flyover approaching Ateneo and take the slot underneath. For those going to the other direction, they will have to use the slot across Shell Blue Ridge.

Among others, these are two of those U-turn sets that require you to drive a few kilometers in order to get to them. Obviously, that's additional fuel, time and effort on the part of those concerned. This worsens gas woes, let alone continuous price hikes.

Is there a way to petition the reopening of the blocked slots? How do we ensure that we won't be given the wrong nod by the MMDA? High fuel rates consume our wallets. Longer distances eat up more time. :mad:
    This has actually help ease traffic in the Blue Ridge area, especially during rush hour since there isnt any obstruction to the traffic flow coming from the C-5 - Santolan Rd. underpass. before it used to take 5-10 minutes to pass the area when the slot was open near Countryside, now you just breeze through the said portion in less then a minute (Except when the cars backing out of the restos block the road).

On the u-turn near Eastwood, it also helped the traffic flow but those idiots who force a U-turn at the wrong slot really hamper things... I don't mind driving down a bit further as long as the traffic flows smoothly...

One thing i hope the MMDA does is to install high-powered lights and reflectors at the U-turn slot areas to make visibility good at night and during the rains.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    In my opinion, ok lang ginawa ng MMDA. I regularly pass the area and mas madali ngayon ang biyahe nung binawasan ang mga U-turn Slots. Problema lang yung mga kapalmuks na nagkacounterflow sa oneway slot. Parang mas magastos nga sa gas yung additional kilometer or so na dagdag sa biyahe but you may have to spend even more sa traffic at oras pag nagkagulo na naman sa mga U-turn slot.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Very Long U-Turn Intervals