New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    [SIZE=3]Hello fellow tsikoteers. I’d just like to ask for advise about my case. A potential buyer has been pestering me about my car which I placed in a local newspaper ad some months back. Months ago, we did not come to the agreement because he was asking for a very unreasonable price for my car (pinababawasan niya ng 25% for a 2001 model-which I, including my friends and family did not consider to be reasonable) and I did not give in. One week ago, he again inquired about my car and I said it is not yet sold but I am not in a hurry to sell it. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]Two days ago, I agreed to meet him and his wife so that we can further negotiate on the price. I agreed to lower my selling price but he still insists on reducing it to 25% kasi yun lang daw kaya niya. I asked if he could set it even higher considering that I am not a buy and sell and that the car is in very good condition and I’ve poured a lot of money maintaining it. He and his wife practically beg that I give in because they said that the value of that car would eventually depreciate. I asked for more time to consult my wife about the offer. They even said that they just went to see a CRV but they didn’t like the condition of the car so they decided to stick to mine..alam ko nagustuhan din nila.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]When me and my wife decided to stick to our terms (a reasonable reduction of 15% from the original price) and informed this buyer, they got mad and they kept on sending me SMS and telling me something like: “sana mabenta niyo yan ng 300,000” or even going to the point of saying : “ander ka ata sa asawa mo”..or “wala kang paninindigan” which I think was already below the belt. I got mad but I just kept my cool and refrained and restrained myself from answering back. Up to this morning, the text message kept coming. My wife just advised me not to answer back. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]Question: What will I do with this buyer? Can I report this to the police or will I just text back with a vengeance? One message even went to the point of threatening me with harm because of what I’ve done. I’ve kept all of his text messages in case I need it as evidence.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]I did not expect that I would encounter such a lousy buyer. He claims to be a AFP officer but I’m not intimidated. In terms of these kinds of dealings, I think it’s as simple as: if you have the capability to pay, you buy it but if you don’t have that money, don’t get it and go look for a car which would suit your budget. I am not an unreasonable seller but I also need the additional cash for my next car purchase. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]Why can’t people like him understand that? Just ranting and asking advise mga chiefs. Many thanks.[/SIZE]

2. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    ano ba pinagpuputok ng butsi nila?

kulang lang sa pansin ang mag asawang yon.hayaan mo lang silang magpuputak at titigil din mga yan.dala lang siguro ng war shock sa basilan kaya ganyan ugali, in the first place ano nakakatakot sa pagiging 'afp' nya or pulis patola?

3. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanren View Post
    [SIZE=3]Hello fellow tsikoteers. I’d just like to ask for advise about my case. A potential buyer has been pestering me about my car which I placed in a local newspaper ad some months back. Months ago, we did not come to the agreement because he was asking for a very unreasonable price for my car (pinababawasan niya ng 25% for a 2001 model-which I, including my friends and family did not consider to be reasonable) and I did not give in. One week ago, he again inquired about my car and I said it is not yet sold but I am not in a hurry to sell it. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]Two days ago, I agreed to meet him and his wife so that we can further negotiate on the price. I agreed to lower my selling price but he still insists on reducing it to 25% kasi yun lang daw kaya niya. I asked if he could set it even higher considering that I am not a buy and sell and that the car is in very good condition and I’ve poured a lot of money maintaining it. He and his wife practically beg that I give in because they said that the value of that car would eventually depreciate. I asked for more time to consult my wife about the offer. They even said that they just went to see a CRV but they didn’t like the condition of the car so they decided to stick to mine..alam ko nagustuhan din nila.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]When me and my wife decided to stick to our terms (a reasonable reduction of 15% from the original price) and informed this buyer, they got mad and they kept on sending me SMS and telling me something like: “sana mabenta niyo yan ng 300,000” or even going to the point of saying : “ander ka ata sa asawa mo”..or “wala kang paninindigan” which I think was already below the belt. I got mad but I just kept my cool and refrained and restrained myself from answering back. Up to this morning, the text message kept coming. My wife just advised me not to answer back. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]Question: What will I do with this buyer? Can I report this to the police or will I just text back with a vengeance? One message even went to the point of threatening me with harm because of what I’ve done. I’ve kept all of his text messages in case I need it as evidence.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]I did not expect that I would encounter such a lousy buyer. He claims to be a AFP officer but I’m not intimidated. In terms of these kinds of dealings, I think it’s as simple as: if you have the capability to pay, you buy it but if you don’t have that money, don’t get it and go look for a car which would suit your budget. I am not an unreasonable seller but I also need the additional cash for my next car purchase. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]Why can’t people like him understand that? Just ranting and asking advise mga chiefs. Many thanks.[/SIZE]
    Hello there Sir Hnaren, I understand where you are coming from. Pabayaan na lang po ninyo yan. Manakot na sila kung gusto nila, hanggang text lang naman yang mga yan eh.... Napaka lakas ng isecurities nyang taong yan sa katawan.

Kasi po pag pinatulan ninyo, lalu lang pong lalaki. Its not your loss naman sir... Ingat lang po and God bless!

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Just keep your cool dude. Kung tawagan ka ulit sabihin mo nabenta na para tigilan ka. Kung di pa tumigil, find out where he works and report him to his commanding officer.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sabihin mo nabenta ng 400K hahaha seriously ask mo saprovider mo kung pede i block ang number nya so you wont receive his pesky msgs

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    Napakabugok namang buyer na yan hindi naman pala kasya ang pera niya

Pinakamgandang gawin mo siguro ireport mo na..... o kaya TEXT BRIGADE na natin

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    It might be pointless but you could report this to both the police and to globe/smart (which ever the service operator they are using).

8. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    titigil din yan kapag naubusan ng load!

9. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    IMHO, I'd reply with this message, "If you can't afford my car, sorry but that's not my problem."

Nakakairita kse yung situation but kudos to you for keeping your cool! Because I know I would have done otherwise.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Ipa-blotter mo na rin just in case.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
Unreasonable and Frustrated Car Buyer Gets Back at Me