New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    It happened to one of our cars in Manila Mandarin. The insurance of Mandarin paid the damages sustained by our car.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    I know it's been 5 years... but I just had to resuscitate this thread after what I witnessed last Sunday (May 30, 2010) at the Shangrila Mall parking.

It was past 9pm and I just finished watching a movie so I headed for home. I was parked in level 5A, a half level from the bridge entrance to the mall. As I descended on 4A, I saw a Pajero with plate number XDT-xxx (I couldn't remember the full number anymore). Anyway, I noticed it pulled out quickly from its parking slot and suddenly made a quick getaway. What caught my eye though was that it went against the direction arrow, and descended on the ramp that was supposed to be for vehicles going up.

This got me to get my phone cam in an attempt to record the whole proceeding; however, he was so fast! He was literally screeching across the parking and going against the direction arrows. In Shangrila Mall, in the A-level parkings (5A, 4A, 3A etc), the lane nearest the ramps are for those coming up, and those lane for those exiting are the one farther from the ramps. Apart from going counter against the right way, the vehicle was either going down the "up" ramp or straddling both ramps, or crossing from the up-ramp over to the down ramp. It was just nasty! Apart from that, the poor vehicle was really being accelerated hard and braked hard as well.

Finally, out the entrance, the vehicle slowed down, stopped near the taxi area, the hazard lights went on, and a barong-clad guy went out and handed the keys to what seemed like an elderly guy who was well-dressed.

Then it struck me: the vehicle was valet parked. Poor Pajero owner! He never knew how abused his vehicle was just a few moments before.

And my take on the valet attendant?

So guys, be very careful with those damned valets.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by digitalron View Post
    What caught my eye though was that it went against the direction arrow, and descended on the ramp that was supposed to be for vehicles going up.

This got me to get my phone cam in an attempt to record the whole proceeding; however, he was so fast! He was literally screeching across the parking and going against the direction arrows. In Shangrila Mall, in the A-level parkings (5A, 4A, 3A etc), the lane nearest the ramps are for those coming up, and those lane for those exiting are the one farther from the ramps. Apart from going counter against the right way
    Sayang dapat nga na-video nyo and you should've reported this to the mall authorities para matanggal na sa trabaho yang valet attendant na yan. Okay lang kung binarubal lang nya yung kotse, pajero naman sasakyan nya, kayang kaya nun yung ganung treatment. But what if dun sa pag-counterflow nya ay meron palang paakyat na kotse... BAM!!! or worse may naglalakad going to their car na hindi nya agad nakita?! 9pm palang nun, maaga pa kahit Sunday yan.

...idiots. Pag tinanggal mo naman yung mga ganun sa trabaho tsaka magsisisi at magmamakaawa.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Kaya ako, very seldom nagpapa-valet parking....

10K:dance1:

5. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    if i were the one who had witnessed that damn valet moron. i would tell the owner of the pajero what that idiot did to his car at mumurahin ko pa! di pupuwede yung ganyan. dapat dyan matanggal asap sa trabaho! baka isang araw sasakyan mo o ng malapit sayo ang hawakan ng gunggong na yan. di na pinapalagpas yan.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    check this out

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSmeUMq1RrY"]YouTube- Hotel Guests Cars Valet Parking Fail[/ame]

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Pansin ko lang sakin tuwing hinahand over na sakin sasakyan ang lamig na ng cabin at nakafull blast lagi ang a/c.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    uls : grabe yan, playing with someone's toy. Hilig magburnout at magdrift kuno ng valet attendant. :hysterical:

9. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    it's a shame kung ganyan ang mga services na ipo-provide sa mga customers... dapat yang mga ganyang incident, ay hindi tinotolerate ng mga companies an may poor valet parking service...

10. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    this is why i never valet my car. i've hear a lot of horror stories from valet parking not just in philippines but all over the world.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Valet Parking Horror Stories