New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Chikselog View Post
    Walang kwentang carpark yan. They charge you P36.50/2hrs and P14.50 succeeding and this is what happened. Kala mo nasa Makati kotse mo. May friend din akong nabasagan ng salamin kotse nya at kinuha laptop nya dyan. Although it might be wrong for him to leave his laptop in his car, but still...

And did I mention that they raise their fees every school year? Despite of the insane fees, ni isang CCTV wala sila. Ni repainting ng walls and parking slots wala. Kaya I'd prefer to park in SM San Lazaro na lang before instead na dyan. Flat rate pa dun, 1 jeep ride away.
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Don't tell the exorbitant fees to the priest, they will tell you it goes to charity. :Off-Topic2:

2. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by somniantis86 View Post
    Sirs, nasa civil code po yan, may responsibility pa rin po yung may ari ng parking lot, just like in hotels. Useless po yang nakasulat kasi it does not constitute waiver on our part since the law grants us a clear right.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4
    I remember there was a Supreme Court ruling in favor of the customer who lost valuable items in a restaurant parking lot despite all those small crap statement written on the parking ticket.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by nivraarvin View Post
    "UST carpark" is operated by a private company. The lease is for 20 years, I think. Don't blame the university.

I myself have experienced walking to my car at 10pm after my class with the 3rd floor parking not having a single florescent light bulb turned ON. Depends if you want it that way though.
    May fault pa rin ang ust for not exercising due diligence in selecting the private operator.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by somniantis86 View Post

May fault pa rin ang ust for not exercising due diligence in selecting the private operator.

You have to understand that UST has a church, and a hospital. Anyone can literally go inside the campus premises. You just have to take care of yourself and avoid having situations where you will be vulnerable to things like that.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    May reasonable presumption ka rn naman na dahil nagbabayad ka ng parking, at least safe ang sasakyan mo. Due diligence lang naman talaga kailangan. I think though that may penalty clause yang contract ng ust at ng private operator for instances like this.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    And nung ondoy, dahil na stranded ang mga cars, the ust carpark still charged the hapless victims of the flood for leaving their vehicles in the structure for more than 24 hours.
    Padre Damaso lives, in spirit, in UST.

Sent from my mind using Telepathy 2

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by nivraarvin View Post
    You have to understand that UST has a church, and a hospital. Anyone can literally go inside the campus premises. You just have to take care of yourself and avoid having situations where you will be vulnerable to things like that.
    I lived inside the hospital for the past five years or so, entry is not as easy naman po. Umabot pa sa point na ayaw maniwala ng guard that I actually worked there when i left my iD in our quarters and I came back to get it. Church access is usually lax on sundays, though.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Parking is a quite difficult in UST. There are free parking slots outside but you easily spend 30 minutes and not find a slot. You can also park outside in the street but its still not free and cars get scratched up there, students with relatively valuable cars dont park there (euro cars and sports cars). One would also have to be a parallel parking god to get in some of the slots (Ive seen a lot of other students unable to park imto slots nearly twice as long as theircars)

The problem with the carpark is that it is not under UST, it is controlled by another company by a BOT system. During day time there is not a single light bulb on. So everyone has there headlights on. When its either 12 noon, 4:30-5pm, or 7pm one could spend 30 minutes getting out. Its not USTs fault considering they have been suing them for a while

9. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by viper888 View Post
    Parking is a quite difficult in UST. There are free parking slots outside but you easily spend 30 minutes and not find a slot. You can also park outside in the street but its still not free and cars get scratched up there, students with relatively valuable cars dont park there (euro cars and sports cars). One would also have to be a parallel parking god to get in some of the slots (Ive seen a lot of other students unable to park imto slots nearly twice as long as theircars)

The problem with the carpark is that it is not under UST, it is controlled by another company by a BOT system. During day time there is not a single light bulb on. So everyone has there headlights on. When its either 12 noon, 4:30-5pm, or 7pm one could spend 30 minutes getting out. Its not USTs fault considering they have been suing them for a while
    This further proves UST's fault. If they exerted due diligence during the selection process, it wouldnt come to a point where they have to sue. Although may breach na gnawa yung operator, may responsibility pa rin UST. Anu lang ba naman yang maglagay ka sa kontrata ng periodic evaluation saka stiffer penalties for violation. Baka nga wala pang clause on settlement of disputes yan eh. Baka may corruption ding nangyari gaya sa gobyerno, hehehe.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    And nung ondoy, dahil na stranded ang mga cars, the ust carpark still charged the hapless victims of the flood for leaving their vehicles in the structure for more than 24 hours.
    small price to pay di nabaha ang sasakyan

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast