New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    ^^^ you are suggesting to the wrong set of people. suggest to the unruly bikers instead. ask them to share the roads to motorists by following the road and traffic rules and not act as it they own them.

by the way, riding bikes on a busy road, by law and by common sense, requires safety gadgets like helmets, reflectors, etc. these plus the cost of the actual bike, would you we still say that they can't afford jeepney fares?

second look on the thread title ... UNSAFE bicycle riders.

sorry... not meant to argue. just can't stand justifying unsafe behavior by the 'mahirap lang kase" reasoning. walking is still a better option in my opinion.

2. Join Date
    May 2009
    I bike for recreation and exercise. In doing so, I also use the roads in going to my biking destinations. I sometime bike commute from home to work and vice versa. But, I always bike on the safe side of the road.

Most bike commuters have very low income who couldn't afford to buy a car. They couldn't even afford to pay for their transportation fares.

I suggest that we learn to share the roads with bikers and respect them. Biking is the cheapest form of transportation and environment friendly.

Peace!
    You're both right. I know a janitor who has to wake up very, very early because he bikes from commonwealth to makati because he's so poor. It's really a very cheap form of transportation.

BUT

They should also learn to be very careful when doing so. They shouldn't act like they own the streets. They should try using the less busy roads.
    All cars do avoid them; after all, who would want to hit a bicycle rider? But they should also learn to use safety helmets, reflectors, headlights di ba?

3. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    I made an exception for recreational bikers who do it properly with the right safety equipment and in the appropriate location.
    Also, it's another situation altogether to encounter these bicycle riders at night. At least with motorcycles, you can hear them but with the poor streetlighting condition of roads nowadays, you can't even see them.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Being poor used to be a status but to be honest, it's become a condition and an excuse to not do anything to improve your status in life for many. Worse, it's now used as a reason that it's ok to place themselves in harms way. It's much more expensive to treat their injuries if ever they get into an accident.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by bender View Post
    Being poor used to be a status but to be honest, it's become a condition and an excuse to not do anything to improve your status in life for many. Worse, it's now used as a reason that it's ok to place themselves in harms way. It's much more expensive to treat their injuries if ever they get into an accident.
    +1. nakakasawa na nga yung mga ganitong excuses nila tsk.

anyway, kanina lang pagpasok ko sa makati, whew napakaraming nagbibisikleta sa Makati Avenue going to Paseo. frankly, sumasabay na sila sa dami ng mga nagmomotor.

nagiging kaunti lang sila kapag umuulan na.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by j_avonni View Post

Most bike commuters have very low income who couldn't afford to buy a car. They couldn't even afford to pay for their transportation fares.

I suggest that we learn to share the roads with bikers and respect them. Biking is the cheapest form of transportation and environment friendly.

Peace!
    True. They just want to get to work in the cheapest form possible. Just be extra careful around them.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Bike riders nga lang sila hindi cylist. Ang Cyclist may safety gears at drving and road awareness ang bike riders wala.

Ayon kay Chris Gilbert. Hehehe!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAFH8dTH5ns&feature=channel"]YouTube - Advanced Driving.Chris Gilbert Ult. Driving Craft DVD[/ame]

8. Join Date
    May 2009
    Makes me wonder why motorcycle riders are required by law to wear safety helmet and gear as well as to have a working signal, brake, and headlights but bicycle riders are not...

9. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    uhmmm... because they are not motorized?

10. Join Date
    May 2009
    Just because they're not motorized doesn't mean they have tougher skin. If you accidentally hit them, they'd fly just as high and land just as hard as motorcycle riders going the same speed.

Also, it doesn't mean they have better night vision than motorcycle riders, so they should at least have flashlights/headlights mounted in their bikes so they'll know what's ahead of them and the cars in front of them would know they're there.

Reflectors at the back and front of their bikes should also be required by law, not just for their protection but for the other motorists as well. How can we avoid hitting them if we can't see them?
    Last edited by praetor91313; September 20th, 2010 at 02:39 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Unsafe bicycle riders