New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    My passion for cars has brought me to shops that sold accessories, surplus parts, spare parts, replacement parts, etc. everywhere. Even as a kid, when my dad brought me along to places where he had our car serviced, I had been exposed to the owners, managers, installers, cashiers, etc. of the shops.

Since I am new to the world of automotive forums, i'd like to start out by sharing with you the top criterion of how I choose where to have my precious car done.

What I'd like to highlight on this thread is the end result of the manner by which managers or owners handle their people. I believe that shops with owners who have people who are satisfied with their management style do their work better than those who have dissatisfied and non-loyal staff.

It is not my intention to blemish the names of the shops that I would later mention. But I'd like this to serve as an eye opener for them.

The following are shops that I have stayed away from because of such management style.

1. winterpine (araneta ave) - I was having my car tinted. When the tint installer made a wrong cut, his supervisor hit him with a huge plastic tube. the end result? the tint installer made more wrong cuts.

2. carshack (near sm sucat) - I was with my friend when he bought and had a head unit installed from them. While a technician was working on his car, suddenly the owner/supervisor? comes from nowhere and punches the technician on his stomach. How the hell would the guy work on the car while not being able to breath with what he did??

3. ford global city - I was having a reverse camera for my my mom's everest installed. The installer came 30 mins late. It was okay with me still the supervisor insisted on scolding the installer infront of me. the end result? the installer just left. I waited another 2 hours for the other guy to finish working on another car before he serviced mine.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Ganun talaga sir, makukulit mga tao jan sa atin eh walang diskarte kaya nagkakaloko loko..

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    That's why I do things myself when I can. Might also be good to have friends with similar interests who can advise you where to go next time.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    even if the staff did something wrong, physically hitting them is not right. legally it's a violation of labor code. they're not slaves, you know.

i'd pull out my vehicle if i see the shop owner/manager do that to their staff. how can they treat my vehicle right if they can't even treat their own employees the right way?

nakakatawa diba? we cry foul when a maid in hk or singapore gets slapped by their employer. pag dito nangyari, parang wala lang. anong difference diba?

personally, i'd shun these shops and tell all my friends not to patronize them too.
    Last edited by torque2006; June 25th, 2007 at 02:45 PM. Reason: grammar

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    hahahaha that's messed up. The manager/owner hit the installer??? I agree with Torque, I would have said..wtf is wrong with you?And i'd leave.

I've had experiences where the owner yells at his mechanic.. for misplacing tools, or for being slow. But hitting? that's another story.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    kakaiba din yang mga owner ng shops na yan sa pagdisiplina ng tao nila,kasi kung ganyan, kahit yung mga customer nila medyo matatakot o madadala,parang mga slaves noong unang panahon ang trato nila sa mga tao nila,kulang na lang latigo.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    parati ko sinasabi sa mga crew ko. ang may ari ng shop normal na magagalit yan lalo na at may nagawa kayong di maganda. sila masisira at di kayo. lumipat lang kayo ng ibang shop may trabaho na naman kayo. pero ang may-ari mahihirapan makabangon pag nasira sya. pero ibang usapan na pag kayo sinaktan. ingudngod nyo na.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    That's so mean. Why'd they do that? I mean its understandable how the shop's owner would be pissed because it's his name that's at stake blah blah but he has no right to do that. These guys are being paid to fix cars not to be tortured and embarassed.
    They shouldn't be scolding at those people in front of the customers that's just so unprofessional. Car shops should atleast have offices, even small ones where they can call the person and talk to em behind closed doors.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    baka po pabirong suntok or hampas lang? paki-linaw naman po..

10. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Palagay ko nga pabiro yon. Knowing the attitude of pinoys, mahilig sa style na ganyan pero deep inside ala lang.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
unprofessionally handled car shops