New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Bry
    I don't think it's too cold. Some countries already have this law. Imagine, you're driving along EDSA at 80 kph pauwi sa pamilya mo, then biglang may ogag na tumalon sa daan mo. You can't break fast enough. You end up paying for his hospital bills. Not to mention for your car's damages. Lost time. Time is money. What if dinemanda ka pa ng pamilya nung ogag? And they won, kasi ganun talaga dito sa Pinas. 99% of the time, the driver is the bad guy.
    kung minsan kasi yun mga bigla tumatalon na ganyan wala sa tamang pag-iisip maybe bec. of prior shock like katatakas lang sa kidnap, salvage, holdap, or accident etc ...

you shouldnt rule that out also.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by falken
    Meron pa diyang ang yayabang sa halos gitna ng kalsada naglalakad, pag binusinahan mo sila pa magagalit, eh kung sa kalsada sila gusto maglakad dapat sabitan na lang sila ng plaka ng kotse.
    hahahaha

3. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    well in the US they're offering "black boxes" sa cars, parang sa plane. it will lower your insurance premium kasi mas madali ma-settle ang accidents etc. lahat ng readings ng engine computer within the past X minutes are stored, so alam kung nag brake failure, or if you were accelerating or decelerating, etc. etc. etc.

kulang nalang dagdagan ng low-light camera sa harap ng windshield mirror, that sees everything in front. para kung nagka-lechehan, meron kang hard evidence (unless ikaw yung may kasalanan, hehehe..)

baka may market ito, like aftermarket backup sensors. iwas hassle pa sa police report.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Sakit sa ulo ah... hayyyy.... guess minsan tama si Bayani sa mga iniimplementa niyang policies... talagang kailangan higpitan para matuto...

Only problem mga mayors pag dun nagreklamo mga engot syempre voting public un... tiklo na agad si Bayani...

5. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by CLAVEL3699
    Alam dre ang tangahan nakakahawa yun.

Di mo napapansin pag may bigla tumawid yung iba susunod kahit hindi pa dapat tumawid.

Yan ang sinasabi kong katangahan ay nakakahawa.
    Humans are normally educated and intelligent beings, but become irrational when in a group. It's called groupthink, or the bandwagon effect.

Examples: Fanboyism, recent activist/militant activities, committees, the House/Senate, teenage peer groups...

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Ang inaalala ko lang for example, kasama mo gf mo o mom mo sa kotse and you're driving on EDSA then may ogag na tumawid, iniwasan mo sya pero sa pag preno mo nabanga ka sa likod. So you and your passenger goes to the hospital pero sino magbabayad nun? Mahahanap pa ba yun ogag na tumawid? Wala nga disciplina kung sa wala pero our Laws should lean on who is right and not on who's wrong. Hindi yun nabanga mo na dahil ogag tapos dadalhin mo pa sa ospital tapos babayaran mo pa. Tama nga na mas importante yun buhay, but considering that you and your passenger could be the ones ending at the hospital and di naman yata fair yun.

I hope that we have a lawyer here who can enlighten us on the law regarding this. Alam ko basta kailangan mo dalhin sa ospital e, but we shouldn't even be obligated to pay a peso to this inconsiderate fools.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    hehe ganun talaga ang batas. because driving is just a privilege and not a right. with these privileges come responsibilities. among which is the safety of people around you. when you drive a vehicle, you are the most likely to cause serious injury or death to other people. i don't think a pedestrian ramming into you will cause the same damage. so the burden of prudence all lies with the driver. in the case you cited, it can always be argued that you were driving too fast and you lacked the foresight (which means you were negligent of your responsibility) to anticipate the pedestrian-no matter how stupid was his manner of crossing. it would be very hard to prove in court that it was the pedestrian who was negligent (becuse he has no responsibility for the safety of motorists in the first place) unless he himself admits it. bad trip no? but thats the way it is. so i guess we just have to be very very careful knowing that these things could and do happen.

btw, i'm not a lawyer but my dad is. and that was his tip before when i was still learning to drive. ;)

8. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Pedestrians always have the right of way. Pero dapat sumunod sila sa tamang paraan, tawid sila sa tama. Pag nabungo sila ng wala sa lugar, hindi dapat liable ang motorista.

sa SLEX mismo may mga pedestrians crossing!...anak ng kamote!

10. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    i'm not a lawyer either pero in this day and age, dapat i-update na ang "privilege" na ito (ie. the privilege to drive on the streets). di ba we have this doctrine of last clear chance? e kung mabilis talaga takbo mo kasi nga nasa EDSA ka tapos may tumalon sa harap mo para magpatiwakal, e di according to the doctrine dapat yung lintik na nag-suicide ang liable pati sa gastusin mo sa kotse.

sadly, wasn't it the late great pres magsaysay (not sure) who proclaimed that those who have less in cars should have more in roads? napakaganda sana sabihin talaga pero look at the (road) anarchy this thing brought upon us.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast
Undisciplined pedestrians