New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoner View Post
    Additional two choke points along Quezon Avenue... one crossing Banawe, and the other under the overpass under some church. PUJ's and buses loading/unloading chaos in-between U-turn slots.
    One of the worst chokepoints is the U-turn slot bago pumasok ng dating welcome rotonda.

Re: traffic sa C5: haha. hanggang tiendesitas parin ang traffic usually!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Hindi ko alam bakit sobra naman ang pagkaka widening ng Uturn Slot sa elipitical, cause tuloy ng traffic, kung elevated u turn Slots Ginawa doon like in C5, mas maganda at prone to accident. Mahal nga pero very effective. Like on Uturn slots with a super super "visible" paint of white and black islands color lalo na sa gabi, sure na pag bumangga ka, uturn talaga kotse mo. Wala lang man reflectors or early warning na my island sa daan. while im passing by last last week, my rumampa na doon na Mitsubishi '08 model na black. Pag naman kasi mabagal ka sa daan, baka hindi ka nga bumangga, ikaw naman mabangga.

Kaya ba hindi malagyan ng reflector kasi:

hints: Fernando wants a new Cadillac Escalade or Inocentes want a new Toyota Sequoia 2010 model. lets see. kabwiset.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by scharnhorst View Post
    On some friday rush hour nights, I drive from manila to quezon city.

Can't help but compare Espanya and Q. ave during those times.

Yes, both are congested, but with stoplight-heavy Espanya, you stay in your lane, you eventually get there. Let the buses and jeeps and AUVs duel it out in the inner 2 lanes.

In Quezon avenue, it's a neverending barrage of gitgitan, bullying, merging, and swerving - especially when the road narrows for the U-turn slot. It's only smooth flowing when there's light traffic.

I have no love for either, but I especially despise the system in Quezon avenue.

The problem with u-turn slots is they're only effective if the road is wide enough... but even in commonwealth, the MMDA squanders lanes by making these useless jeepney terminals across the u-turn slots. Walang silbe e. for example the one across technohub - I've yet to see a jeep stop and drop off passengers there. And if they do? Why the person has to run the gauntlet of automobiles to get to the other side!

kabobohan talaga.

the last time I checked, the said U-turn slot still is "open" on the recieving side, but still "closed" on the outgoing end. stupid. stupid. stupid.
    Nakaka stress nga sa Quezon Ave. kaya when I pick up my wife from work sa Welcome sa E. Rodriguez kami dumadaan to Cubao and to Marikina.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by joseph20 View Post
    Hindi ko alam bakit sobra naman ang pagkaka widening ng Uturn Slot sa elipitical, cause tuloy ng traffic, kung elevated u turn Slots Ginawa doon like in C5, mas maganda at prone to accident. Mahal nga pero very effective. Like on Uturn slots with a super super "visible" paint of white and black islands color lalo na sa gabi, sure na pag bumangga ka, uturn talaga kotse mo. Wala lang man reflectors or early warning na my island sa daan. while im passing by last last week, my rumampa na doon na Mitsubishi '08 model na black. Pag naman kasi mabagal ka sa daan, baka hindi ka nga bumangga, ikaw naman mabangga.

Kaya ba hindi malagyan ng reflector kasi:

hints: Fernando wants a new Cadillac Escalade or Inocentes want a new Toyota Sequoia 2010 model. lets see. kabwiset.

Iyan na nga ba ang takot ko,- mahirap makita kung saan nagsisimula ang dividing island sa gitna ng malapad at high speed na kalye ng Commonwealth... Kaya may peligrong rumampa ka....

9100:thatsit:

5. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    The MMDA castrated commonwealth's width. crap.

There are U turn slots sa center Island na SOBRANG laki. sa kabilang side nagkalat ang mga walang silbeng "Jeepney Terminals"

And there's the inherent danger of slamming into footbridges if you take the rightmost lanes

6. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by scharnhorst View Post
    The MMDA castrated commonwealth's width. crap.

There are U turn slots sa center Island na SOBRANG laki. sa kabilang side nagkalat ang mga walang silbeng "Jeepney Terminals"

And there's the inherent danger of slamming into footbridges if you take the rightmost lanes
    Kahapon( Jan. 4 2010) with the morning radio program of Ted Failon w/ pinky webb if im not mistaken, ininterview nila si MMDA Chairman Inocentes about the super lapad na unreflectorized Uturn Slot and PUV terminals in front of UP Ayala Technohub, Ted asked why ganoon kalapad at halos sakupin na ang kalaparan ng commonwealth ng Uturn slot, alam niyo po ba ang sagot ng New MMDA Chairman Inocentes: "Ahh, ehh, ahh, ano yon?, sige ted, titignan ko nalan". Sana bigyan aksyon ito pati na rin ang nasa gitna na Overpass. I just want to help other motorist na ma prevent na sana ang pagrampa sa mga invisible blocks.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by joseph20 View Post
    Kahapon( Jan. 4 2010) with the morning radio program of Ted Failon w/ pinky webb if im not mistaken, ininterview nila si MMDA Chairman Inocentes about the super lapad na unreflectorized Uturn Slot and PUV terminals in front of UP Ayala Technohub, Ted asked why ganoon kalapad at halos sakupin na ang kalaparan ng commonwealth ng Uturn slot, alam niyo po ba ang sagot ng New MMDA Chairman Inocentes: "Ahh, ehh, ahh, ano yon?, sige ted, titignan ko nalan". Sana bigyan aksyon ito pati na rin ang nasa gitna na Overpass. I just want to help other motorist na ma prevent na sana ang pagrampa sa mga invisible blocks.
    The huge U-turn slots are there to accomodate the trucks that use them. but I rarely see trucks use the slots near ever gotesco commonwealth, or the one near central.

what exacerbates the problem are the useless jeepney terminals.

With that statement, this new MMDA chairman seems to be no better than his predecessor

and yes, those overpasses (which jeeps and buses clog) are menaces. lalo na yung sa central!
    Last edited by scharnhorst; January 6th, 2010 at 07:49 AM.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Hanep sa sagot iyang si Inocentes,- bagay sa kanyang apelyido....(Very prominent naman kasi ang issue ng U-turn slot sa Commonwealth).... :hysterical:

9101:thatsit:

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ang importante doon sa mga sagot ng bagong MMDA chairman during that interview eh yun mga foot bridges eh overprice lahat meon daw silang inaugurate na maliit na foot bridges sa C3, and it cost P27M, kaya on hold muna mga contracts sa mga foot bridges since meron pang 50 contracts iniwan si BF, then he was implying that si BF din mismo ang mga suppliers and another thing and dami daw iniwan utang ni BF sa MMDA, kaya wala na siyang ginagawa kundi pumirma ng cheques until 10 PM.

lalabas na nagpayaman talaga si BF sa MMDA.

he told Ted na siya na mismo ang pumunta sa MMDA at siya na mismo ang mag check ng mga documents para siya mismo makakita kung sino ang suppliers ng bakal sa MMDA.

ngayon tumatakbo pang VP...pakapalan na talaga ng mukha.

lumalabas na maraming na kuhang pera si BF...kaya mga ass polishers ni BF, isip-isip muna....

at least itong bagong MMDA chairman, nakikinig sa suggestion ng ibang tao..unlike yun predecessor niya na feeling God's gift to mankind.

eh ano naman kung hinde niya alam kung saan yun U turn sa commonwealth? ang dapat na tanong kung bakit meron U turn doon in the first place.

meron na rin siyang inalis na mga pink fences sa EDSA and it improve the traffic flows tremendously...
    Last edited by shadow; January 6th, 2010 at 10:09 AM.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    meron na rin siyang inalis na mga pink fences sa EDSA and it improve the traffic flows tremendously...
    I agree to this. EDSA traffic seems to have lightened up somewhat; Let's see if this will keep up in the next few weeks. Now they should concentrate their enforcers in managing those friggin buses.

They should also light up the u-turn slots well at night (as in put in flood lights). I also saw one u-turn in Libis with a large sign overhead (on top of the lane) prominently displayed an this helps a lot in visbility as well.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
U turn slot nanaman!