New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    userfriendly, dun sa Toyota Shaw-Ortigas they didn't void the warranty when I used to bring my own oil (that was almost 5 years ago)... dunno though on the current practice.

20W-50 lang ba oil nila? Check mo manual mo to check if that falls under the oil specification for our country... if not (since a lot of vehicles nowadays recommend 5w-30 or 10w-30) you can contest their claim (since they are the ones who don't follow the frikkin manual).

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    Toyota QA wants profit profit profit

Mo' money baby, mo' money

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by userfriendly View Post
    called Toyota Philippines void daw talaga pag gumamit ng fluids na hindi galing sa kanila. Nakalagay din pala sa warranty booklet.

To paraphrase the warranty booklet "...... use of parts or fluids other than those recommended by Toyota will void the warranty"

Looks like I have no choice :rained_down:
    ask them kung anong recommended oil nila among the branded oils...sa honda pwede yun mga sikat like mobil1 etc...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Try to get it on writing from Toyota Motor Philippines on what exactly is the oil recommended by them (what standards, brands, etc.). It is plain stupid to void a car for using a different oil such a Mobil 1, Castrol, etc...

I never encountered such problems with the Nissan casa before.

I have a friend who used to work with Toyota, now he have his own auto tire and accessories supply. He said ganun talaga usually ang gusto nila para hawak ka nila sa leeg. Imagine getting the same brand of materials na ilalagay or ikakabit sa sasakyan mo pero mas mahal compared outside. Gusto nila kumita pa sila bukod sa pagbili mo sa kanila. I hope our lawmakers can check on this one. Can DTI do anything about this??

6. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by rst619 View Post
    IMHO may basis naman kung bakit possibleng ma void ang warranty mo. Gusto lang ng casa na malimit ang factors that might have an effect on any future claims. Kasi kahit sabihin mong sinunod mo ang specs (ie viscosity) kaya lang poor quality naman ( o hindi pumasa sa industry standard), tapos kumatok makina mo, talo ka sa bandang huli. Kahit na nga same oil as casa oil ang ginamit mo, sa bandang huli, they are within their rights not to honor any claims arising from such practice.

ps sa Honda may waiver kang pipirmahan pag nag insist ka na gamitin ung dala mong oil.
    Er, bakit ka naman bibili ng "poor quality" oil, aber?

Quote Originally Posted by shadow
    kalokohan yan, eh obviously kung magdadala ka ng sariling oil eh mas maganda sa binebenta nilang repacked oil sa casa....
    Mismo!

7. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Automahn View Post
    Er, bakit ka naman bibili ng "poor quality" oil, aber?
    who knows? Hindi lahat ng bumibili ng kotse kagaya ng mga tsikoteer na maiingat at maalaga sa sasakyan. Kaya nga sabi ko, it is a possibility na iniiwasan lang nila ung extreme cases na ganun.

Think of it this way (from Toyota's POV): For example, a customer insisted of using Mobil 1 (for the sake of argument lets say that the correct viscosity was used altho alam natin madaming gumagamit ng Mobil 1 tho hindi exactly correct ang viscosity). Then, on the extreme scenario (ie bad batch, fake, or some other unthinkable exception ung oil na nabili) na nag-blowby ang makina coz of premature oil degradation/failure. It is unfair to Toyota to have to shoulder the cost of the engine replacement di ba?

8. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    yes meron din siyang point dito, try niyong baliktarin naman ang senario kayo kunyari ang toyota, pagmeron nagpachange oil sa inyo at sabi labor lang dahil meron siyang dalang oil, and after a certain time nasira ang makina papayag kaya kayong magclaim siya na palitan or ayusin mo ang makina niya ng FOC kasi ikaw an nag change oil nito.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda View Post
    userfriendly, dun sa Toyota Shaw-Ortigas they didn't void the warranty when I used to bring my own oil (that was almost 5 years ago)... dunno though on the current practice.

20W-50 lang ba oil nila? Check mo manual mo to check if that falls under the oil specification for our country... if not (since a lot of vehicles nowadays recommend 5w-30 or 10w-30) you can contest their claim (since they are the ones who don't follow the frikkin manual).
    Manual recommends 10w30 or 20w50 for our climate. I wanted to use RP 10w30. I'm currently using their 20w50 and I feel its too thick. It works but I think switching to 10w30 will improve performance and FC. I'll just stick with their mineral oil until my warranty expires in 2 years.

Their dino oil is 20w50 synthetic is 5w40.

Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    ask them kung anong recommended oil nila among the branded oils...sa honda pwede yun mga sikat like mobil1 etc...
    They recommend "Toyota motor oil"
    Last edited by userfriendly; November 24th, 2007 at 01:01 PM.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Change casa ka lang.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Toyota warranty