New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    I asked TQA if I can bring my own oil for my 10,000 km service. They said "void daw po warranty for other oil" Ano special sa oil nila. Eh repacked caltex oil lang. 'Nak ng tokwa! Sobra naman yan.

When I was living in North America, Toyota does not care even if you change your own oil. Whats important to them is the oil is changed. I know this for a fact cause I the place I worked for claimed a blown engine from Toyota.

I dont like Toyota's oil. I find it too thick, 20w50 kasi. Yung synthetic nila baka sobra overpriced naman.

Sa Toyota owners, ganito din ba ang policy ng ibang mga CASA?

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by userfriendly View Post
    I asked TQA if I can bring my own oil for my 10,000 km service. They said "void daw po warranty for other oil" Ano special sa oil nila. Eh repacked caltex oil lang. 'Nak ng tokwa! Sobra naman yan.

When I was living in North America, Toyota does not care even if you change your own oil. Whats important to them is the oil is changed. I know this for a fact cause I the place I worked for claimed a blown engine from Toyota.

I dont like Toyota's oil. I find it too thick, 20w50 kasi. Yung synthetic nila baka sobra overpriced naman.

Sa Toyota owners, ganito din ba ang policy ng ibang mga CASA?
    Try mo tawagan Toyota Philippines mismo. Sa Hyundai ko kasi e tinatawagan ko HARI everytime my issue ako gusto ko ma-clear.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Check your owner's manual, nakalagay dun yung range ng oil viscosities na pwede sa tsikot mo. Kung pasok naman dun yung oil na balak mong ipalagay sa engine mo, wala silang rason para i-void ang warranty mo.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    IMHO may basis naman kung bakit possibleng ma void ang warranty mo. Gusto lang ng casa na malimit ang factors that might have an effect on any future claims. Kasi kahit sabihin mong sinunod mo ang specs (ie viscosity) kaya lang poor quality naman ( o hindi pumasa sa industry standard), tapos kumatok makina mo, talo ka sa bandang huli. Kahit na nga same oil as casa oil ang ginamit mo, sa bandang huli, they are within their rights not to honor any claims arising from such practice.

ps sa Honda may waiver kang pipirmahan pag nag insist ka na gamitin ung dala mong oil.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kalokohan yan, eh obviously kung magdadala ka ng sariling oil eh mas maganda sa binebenta nilang repacked oil sa casa....

sa honda you can bring your own oil and they will not void the 3 yrs engine warranty yun additional na 1 year lang ang mawawala, and you need to pay a 30% surcharge kung magkano benta nila sa synthetic oil nila...

6. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Don't know about Toyota, but Nissan casas don't void the warranty if you insist on bringing your own oil (circa late 1990's). They had a promo back then na free ang labor sa oil change, so if you bring your own, you have to pay for it.

IMO, kalokohan ang pag-void ng warranty if you bring your own oil. What if Mobil 1 or Redline ang dala mo? Eh top of the line yun, better than any casa oil. Maketing gimmick lang yun to force you to buy from them.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I've been brining my Toyota to Toyota Pasong Tamo and bitbit ko pa yung Shell Helix fully synthetic motor oil. Wala problema sa warranty. Talk to the manager with your warranty booklet and ask them to point out the provision which says that brining your own oil voids the warranty on the unit.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Altis6453 View Post
    I've been brining my Toyota to Toyota Pasong Tamo and bitbit ko pa yung Shell Helix fully synthetic motor oil. Wala problema sa warranty. Talk to the manager with your warranty booklet and ask them to point out the provision which says that brining your own oil voids the warranty on the unit.
    sa TPT din po ako nagpapaservice, sino po ang kausap nyo don?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    *Wakin,

I just let my agent handle it for me. If you got your car from TPT, let your agent talk to the service people for you.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    called Toyota Philippines void daw talaga pag gumamit ng fluids na hindi galing sa kanila. Nakalagay din pala sa warranty booklet.

To paraphrase the warranty booklet "...... use of parts or fluids other than those recommended by Toyota will void the warranty"

Looks like I have no choice :rained_down:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Toyota warranty