New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yup, file a formal complaint to the Management. And for future service purposes, shop around/research for other casas and/or perhaps after market entities like Autotechnika.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    tama bro mag file ka nang complaint sa gm nila sa toyota otis pag wala pa rin maayos na results sa toyota main office na..

3. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by kingsb8650 View Post
    Who says your toyota is in good hands with a Toyota dealer?

This experience of mine will serve as a testimony to all of us who take good trust that only a Toyota dealer can understand
    your toyota better than other mechanics.

Recently our car had some problems with the clutch and is also overdue it's 45,000 km check up. I decided to have it serviced
    with Toyota Otis in Paco Manila since it is the nearest dealer and because we always have it serviced there.

A few hours after the car had been in the dealer. The chief Mechanic named Ian Mercandile, submitted to us the estimate. To my surprise the estimate is Php 100,000.00 ++. Upon reading the estimate it included not only the clutch problem but other items that were found to be defective. Ok, It is only an estimate but I decided to go with the clutch problem and the 40,000 km service which amounted to 16,000.00++. After 2 days the car was ready but when we drove it home there was a grinding sound when you turn the steering wheel to the left. This sound was totally not present before we handed the car to Toyota.

So the next morning we had the car back to Toyota and to my surprise . Mr. Mercandile told us that the drive shaft will have to be replaced to the amount of 36,000.00!!!!. We told him that it is very strange that the sound came after we took the car home and no such sounds were present before. He coldly told us that it was included in his estimate and that was the reason it came to php 100,000.00 ++!!. All amount of reasoning would not take him off is stand that the sound was already there when we took it to Toyota. So naturally we never gave in to his service and had our nieghborhood mechanic inspect the sound.

In 10 minutes of inspection, the culprit was a loose cover with a missing screw which holds a plasic cover protecting the wheel from hitting some bearings. I may not be right but somehow we suspect a sabotage when Toyota mechanics did not
    place all screws and how did Mr. Ian knew of the problem before hand? Is he a psychic to know that this problem will come so quickly? Assuming we do not know anything about cars. We would have been duped 36,000.00++ to a problem
    made by Toyota itself. This is clear highway robbery!!!
    i suggest sir sa toyota makati or bicutan ka na lang. toyota plant owned yun and you can expect professional service. kahit malayo sa inyo sigurado naman ang serbisyo.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    sa ganitong sitwasyon ba, may laban pa tayo sa casa? sa tingin ko makikipagusap ang GM sa atin pero lusot pa rin sila kc wla namang witness maliban sana kung nung tiningnan ng mekanikong kapitbahay e may taga-toyota? hugas-kamay sila dyan sa tingin ko.

sa palagay ko rin ok sa toyota pasong tamo, dyan namin nabili revo namin and ok naman PMS dun but after 10k, DIY na ako at sa mga medyo mabusisi, pinapapunta ko mekaniko sa haus -- home service 'baga, hehe

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    heheh ang lupet...pati pala ito sinisingil nila??
    - Rags P20
    - Gloves P10

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ozcity View Post
    heheh ang lupet...pati pala ito sinisingil nila??
    - Rags P20
    - Gloves P10
    Pati sandpaper. :lol:

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by kingsb8650 View Post
    I forgot to mention that when this Ian guy confirmed that I did not intend to have all his recomended service and only the clutch he was not really that happy.
    I see this as well. I also at times, not allow all recomended service, and the SA suddenly seems to respond unhappy, as if nalugi siya or something. Are they getting a "commission" of some sort based on the amount/cost of repairs they get done?

8. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
    Dapat nasa Goon Squad ito.

Which is why I don't have my vehicles serviced sa casa anymore, hindi ko rin kasi nababantayan. Dun na lang ako sa suking talyer.
    Dba sa Otis ang service nila dun sa labas, yun can check naman while they are servicing your car. Mine is always done outside.

Dont know lang kung major like clutch eh dito rin ginagawa...

WBR,

9. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    i suggest sir sa toyota makati or bicutan ka na lang. toyota plant owned yun and you can expect professional service. kahit malayo sa inyo sigurado naman ang serbisyo.
    nice added info ito sa akin.
    toyota makati and bicutan lang ba ang toyota owned?
    how about the other toyota dealers?

10. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    kahit gaano ka ganda intentions ng may-ari, di naman nila 100% controlado tauhan nila. nakatapat ka ng mga bugok. so far lahat ng PMS ko and warranty claims sa Otis and balintawak highly satisfactory naman.
    pare yung pangalan ng service advisor mo nasa resibo mo. maybe you can post it so we can avoid him also. i reklamo mo para mawala na siya sa toyota at kunin na siya ni lord.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Toyota Otis  service rip off!!!