New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Who says your toyota is in good hands with a Toyota dealer?

This experience of mine will serve as a testimony to all of us who take good trust that only a Toyota dealer can understand
    your toyota better than other mechanics.

Recently our car had some problems with the clutch and is also overdue it's 45,000 km check up. I decided to have it serviced
    with Toyota Otis in Paco Manila since it is the nearest dealer and because we always have it serviced there.

A few hours after the car had been in the dealer. The chief Mechanic named Ian Mercandile, submitted to us the estimate. To my surprise the estimate is Php 100,000.00 ++. Upon reading the estimate it included not only the clutch problem but other items that were found to be defective. Ok, It is only an estimate but I decided to go with the clutch problem and the 40,000 km service which amounted to 16,000.00++. After 2 days the car was ready but when we drove it home there was a grinding sound when you turn the steering wheel to the left. This sound was totally not present before we handed the car to Toyota.

So the next morning we had the car back to Toyota and to my surprise . Mr. Mercandile told us that the drive shaft will have to be replaced to the amount of 36,000.00!!!!. We told him that it is very strange that the sound came after we took the car home and no such sounds were present before. He coldly told us that it was included in his estimate and that was the reason it came to php 100,000.00 ++!!. All amount of reasoning would not take him off is stand that the sound was already there when we took it to Toyota. So naturally we never gave in to his service and had our nieghborhood mechanic inspect the sound.

In 10 minutes of inspection, the culprit was a loose cover with a missing screw which holds a plasic cover protecting the wheel from hitting some bearings. I may not be right but somehow we suspect a sabotage when Toyota mechanics did not
    place all screws and how did Mr. Ian knew of the problem before hand? Is he a psychic to know that this problem will come so quickly? Assuming we do not know anything about cars. We would have been duped 36,000.00++ to a problem
    made by Toyota itself. This is clear highway robbery!!!

(Editor's Note: If you have used or availed of this auto dealer's products and services, you can help the community by rating Toyota Otis here. Thank you.)
    Last edited by tsikot; February 14th, 2007 at 12:45 AM.

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    Sobra naman yang ginawa ng Toyota Otis sayo. Maliwanag na holdap nga yan.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    depende talaga sa kasa at sa mechanic kung gagaguhin ka...

a few years ago we had our toyota corona sent to toyota shaw if i remember correctly, may oil na tumutulo. sabi ba naman overhaul na kelangan! g*g* talaga, pinacheck namin sa labas gasket lang kelangan palitan.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Did you formally inform the Toyota Otis management about this?

5. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by j_avonni View Post
    Did you formally inform the Toyota Otis management about this?
    you should inform Toyota Otis management on this and also email toyota philippines.

unless you trust the mechanic who services your car, if it sounds too good to be true, have someone else take a look at the problem. its sometimes wise to get 2nd opinion.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    not only toyota... di siguro lahat pero w/ the casa's i've encountered... yeah they suck sa labor price and skills wise. well at least from my experience. like yung exalta ng sis ng gf ko. the car keeps on stalling. sinusumpong ika nga. after resting for about an hour mag start na naman siya. they brought it sa nissan pasong tamo. and said fuel filter daw and pump ang problema so palit. dito pa lang nagduda na ko. kasi 3 mos pa lang yung fuel filter ng oto, and from what i know, hindi ka ititirik ng fuel filter. pupugak ang sasakyan pero hindi titirik. and 3 mos pa lang clogged na ang filter??? sabi daw replacement lang kasi. BS! sa civic ko nga more than 40k kms na before ako ng palit. anyway as i expected, after 2 wks bumalik ang sira. pasok ulit ng casa (pasong tamo). walang makita, kundi deffective daw yung fuel filter na naikabit. so palit ulit. this time ako ang kumuha sa sasakyan, asked the SA kung ano ba ang interval ng palit ng fuel filter for the exalta. and i never expected this kind of response from an SA. "10k kms po or every 6 mos." what?! di naman putik ang kinakarga dyan para magbara ng ganun kabilis. i almost laughed after hearing this, di ko na rin kinulit dahil feeling ko he's uneasy already dun sa mga questions na tinatanong ko dahil wala syang straight answer na maibigay sakin. and i thought para ma realize din ng sis ng gf ko na mali ang masyadong bilib sa casa. i warned them after 2 wks ititrik ka ulit nyan... guess what?! nasa casa ulit ngaun ang oto, and my gf's sis just called me. wala daw makita ang casa! i already asked my suking mechanic about this problem and he said he already encountered this kind of trouble regarding this model. he said ignition coil is the culprit (to all exalta owner's w/ the same problem). the symptoms he mentioned are exactly how the car is behaving. i have scheduled it sa mechanic ko. hopefully mahuli na yung problema. nakakaawa na sa laki ng gastos yung mga nagtitiwala sa casa. sorry, haba no...

7. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Grabe...holdap talaga yan!

Pero I think dapat mong inform management about your ordeal, imagine if you give in dun sa unang estimate, damn! pang-DP na uli ng bagong oto yun ha. As far as Toyota Otis is concern, wala naman akong naging problem about them sa mga units namin. Most probably, eto yung mga bulok sa isang kaing ng kamatis....

8. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Dapat jan sa G-A-G-O na yan PINAPTAY! Kapal ng mukha mo! Pa-entrapment op nga natin sa IMBESTIGADOR or XXX hahahahaha

9. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    I guess complaining sa Toyota motors is a better idea than complaing to Toyota Otis. Baka partners in crime silang lahat dyan. I forgot to mention
    that when this Ian guy confirmed that I did not intend to have all his recomended service and only the clutch he was not really that happy. Actually medyo mayabang ang dating nya.

So to those going to have your cars repaired sa mga casa. Beware....

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    balikan mo ipamukha mo sa kanya yun sira na sinasabi niya, isampal mos a ukha yun estimete niya!!!

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Toyota Otis  service rip off!!!