New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by monsrick View Post
    Another informative po for the Tsikoteers!

4. MMDA has confirmed that your license MAY NOT BE CONFISCATED at a traffic apprehension. The only time they can do so is if you are part of an accident, or it is your third violation and you have not settled your fines yet. They are only allowed to give you a ticket, which you can contest. He recommends actually receiving the ticket in some instances, so that you can report the officer who did it.
    Also, you are free to ask any of these officers for their "mission order", which is written by their supervisor. If they apprehend you for a violation that is not in their mission order for the day, you can report them and they will receive disciplinary action.
    So go out and enjoy!

No. 4 should be rephrased as the MMDA SHALL NOT CONFISCATE....
    THe supreme court decision on MMDA vs. Garin would tell us that the MMDA has no discretion or authority to confiscate a person's driver's license, since the MMDA is only an administrative agency or an entity belonging to the executive department. The prerogative to confiscate a driver's license lies with the entity who is vested by the legislature the right to exercise police power, such as local government units. Therefore, since the MMDA is an administrative agency they cannot or they do not have the right to exercise police power pursuant to the principle of separation of powers. Since only the legislature has that discretion while the executive department has none.

This is as far as I remember hanapin ko muna yung link ng case na iyan to get the full text.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Yung sa ilalim ng LRT sa Edsa-Taft, and sa Roxas Blvd-EDSA, and EDSA-Macapagal going to MOA, ang dami nila riyan. Ingat kayo riyan. Madalas, kumpol-kumpol sila. Naga-abang ng mabibiktima.
    Last edited by chua_riwap; November 19th, 2007 at 04:01 AM.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    I usually bring a copy of LTO and MMDA traffic violations. Naka folder pa. . The last time an MMDA tried to apprehend me regarding switching lanes ata.. (i forgot) that was in EDSA. I know for a fact na wala akong viniolate and that nangdidilehensya lang ng pang lunch. What I said was "Hanapin mo yung violation ko dito sa folder, pag hindi mo nahanap, idedemanda kita" so dumating pati yung parang supervisor nila or whatever an d i told him the exact same thing. What they said was "Sige, sige, next time ingat na lang kayo, Sorry".

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I can still remember nung college pako. Hinuhuli ba naman ako nung MMDA sa A.Bonifacio ng smoke belching at maitim daw usok ng Ford Fiera ko. Sabi ko, pano iitim usok nito e de gasolina to? :hihihi: Ayun! Pin alis lang din ako. Linisin ko nalang daw tambutso ko. :twak:

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by cynder View Post
    I usually bring a copy of LTO and MMDA traffic violations. Naka folder pa. . The last time an MMDA tried to apprehend me regarding switching lanes ata.. (i forgot) that was in EDSA. I know for a fact na wala akong viniolate and that nangdidilehensya lang ng pang lunch. What I said was "Hanapin mo yung violation ko dito sa folder, pag hindi mo nahanap, idedemanda kita" so dumating pati yung parang supervisor nila or whatever an d i told him the exact same thing. What they said was "Sige, sige, next time ingat na lang kayo, Sorry".

sir baka me pdf ka dyan, pa email naman =D

6. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by wulf View Post
    sir baka me pdf ka dyan, pa email naman =D
    kahit links na lang sir paki post. malaking tulong ito para sa amin. thanks.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    marami pong salamat sa tip na to. last october lang na flag down ako sa intersection of shaw blvd and edsa dahil napundi ang right low beam headlamp ko. sabi violation daw at delikado sa daan. i argued that my left headlight was functioning pa naman and pwede ko naman gamitin high beam ko if necessary. ang sagot sakin mas delikado daw ang naka high beam. tapos sabi ko if he can let me go with a warning anyway tatawid lang ako on san miguel ave. and opisina ko na. ang sabi niya:"eh malaki naman pala sweldo mo eh, gusto mo pa ba na tuluyan kita sige baka ma-late ka". so I had no choice but to give him 100.para lang makapasok na ako.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by cynder View Post
    Hay nako, just this morning, on the way to work I had a "run-in" with these alligators in blue.

I was driving south bound along EDSA, nasa may Rockwell na ako, and ang plano ko was enter the yellow lane break (i.e. may broken lines na pagdating dun, tapos broken yellow lane) then onto Buendia na. May bus na nag-swerve from the rightmost to my lane (3rd to the last, where the broken lines start) so I had no choice but to switch to the right-most lane...and I do mean SWERVE!

Paparahin pa ako ng ugok na MMDA dun sa kanto ng Estrella at EDSA, and yung pag-para pa niya eh seemed like an afterthought on his part kasi medyo discreet pa. Sa loob-loob ko manigas ka, ano ginawa ko para hulihin mo ko, tinakbuhan ko na lang. Sa loob-loob ko pag hinabol ako nito eh i-co-contest ko violation ko, I have all the time in the world. Technically, I wasn't driving over solid lines, and I only changed one lane due to that f*-in' bus. Di naman ako hinabol, it's either wala silang pang-gas or naghanap na sila ng bagong mabibiktima.

They never really earned my respect as well...except for the one time that I was caught a few years back for a legit yellow lane violation. Aanga-anga kasi ako nung mga oras na yun hehe. The guy who nabbed me explained to me thoroughly my violation, and he didn't insinuate any bribery.
    Last edited by Tifosi; November 28th, 2007 at 07:28 PM.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    these blue boys never earned my respect cause i know some of them (not majority) have not finished college or even high school, so some of them do not know what they are talking about when they apprehend you.

that's why, rightly or wrongly, i ignore them when they flag me down for "swerving" or beating the yellow light.. once i was caught passin thru the bus lane in front of robinson's galleria edsa, so with a strong voice, i explained that the buses where blocking the way to galleria, so the mmda personnel just let me go.

wag lang kayo magpa duro sa kanila and never give your license to them, otherwise they will abuse you with these commonly used/abused violations..

10. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    How can they enforce motoring rules when most of them don't even drive!

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast