New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    yup ganun din balak ko next time na may mangdedengoy sakin na mmda... guys anu naman ba kibahan ng mmda na ito sa mtpb na nakikita ko ngaun??

2. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    swerving not a violation? Happy 'cutting' everyone!

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    The second provision needs rephrasing. Swerving should be defined as reckless lane-changing. If you change lanes carefully and use your signal lights in the process, then that's not swerving, which makes the maneuver legal.

Running away is the best weapon against the sky-blue guys. If there's no traffic, they wouldn't bother chasing you, even if they have a motorcycle. My father's logic behind that is because there's always more fish to catch in a certain area, they'd always wait there.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    there is one case where swerving is a legit violation... if you change lanes where there are solid white lane markers. avoid like the plague, particularly in makati.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Technically, any sudden lane change is swerving, but in practice, the MMDA should only catch you for suddenly changing two or three lanes at once, without signalling.

If you change two lanes in stages... signal, change, signal, change... they should not catch you.

But if you change lanes from a lane that's suddenly become a (%&$) u-turn lane, but you signal and move only one lane aside... they should not be able to rip you a new one for that violation.

There should be a 30-second rule for yellow-lane violations, and it's not illegal if you're going to turn. The MMDA "kotong point" just before Ortigas is illegal... they should be watching for buses that stop in the middle of EDSA (which is illegal) on the other side of the fence... they shouldn't be standing on the corner harrassing motorists trying to get around said buses.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. FrankDrebin Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by squala View Post
    Running away is the best weapon against the sky-blue guys. If there's no traffic, they wouldn't bother chasing you, even if they have a motorcycle. My father's logic behind that is because there's always more fish to catch in a certain area, they'd always wait there.
    Though this one is a bad and Tsikot non-recommended tip, but it helps a lot especially those "Beating the Red Light" boys. If you think you can outrun them, do it!

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ronw123w124 View Post
    Whenever they flag me down for no apparent reason or for some stupid reason, I just raise my voice when talking to one of those thugs(patigasan lang yan!)and NEVER surrender my license, I just show it to them but I hold it from a distance where they cannot reach it. In some cases I just speed up and pretend to hit them if they mess with me.

Im sorry to say this but these guys never really earned my respect.
    Just be careful if they have bikes, baka habulin ka.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Yung MMDA sa may edsa cubao corner aurora blvd ganyan.

Pag nasa edsa ka:

1. Pag nasa yellow lane ka papuntang aurora at kakanan ka. Huli ka kasi yellow lane violation.

2. Pag iniwasan mo naman ang yellow lane at kumanan ka papuntang aurora, swerving ka.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    [SIZE=3]Naku, parati pa namang kumpulan mga iyan. [/SIZE]

10. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    If any of these abuses seem familiar to you, Mr. Pagulayan has asked that you call either the MMDA hotline (136) or call the METRO BASE at 0920 9389861 or 0920 9389875 and ask for an Inspectorate. They will send inspectors to the place where these MMDA officers are extorting, even while you are arguing out of your apprehension.
    good one. ano pa ba ibang numbers na dapat nating isave sa ating mobile phone? sana pati yung sa mapsa meron. mas garapal ang mga yellow boys dito sa makati kesa sa mmda

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast