New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 492 of 493 FirstFirst ... 392442482488489490491492493 LastLast
Results 4,911 to 4,920 of 4928
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    how fast is fast? if I remember correctly... in California, they allow lane splitting upto 40mph (64km/h)

IMO... just be mindful when driving. I normally would move a little bit on the side para sure ako na kasya yung singit motorcycles sa driver side na car ko (IMO, better than both sides sila dumaan)

again... we're improvising the rules for our roads... honestly, with all these ebikes, di ko na alam kung anong bawal at pwede sa roads natin... ebikes and bikes (commuters ha, not the weekend bikers) just do whats easier for them. walang couterflow, walang stop sign.
    it depends siguro, how wide the lanes are.

my personal observation,
    many of these e-bikers do not know the basic traffic rules.
    they keep doing "dangerous maneuvers".
    my pet peeve: "ang bagal bagal nyo, dun pa kayo sa fast lane nagbababad!"

2. Join Date
    Jan 2007

3. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    eBikes, eTrikes, and eQuads might be getting a lot of the attention in terms of traffic infractions. But for me, M/Cs are still by far the most undisciplined motorists out there, bar none. And unlike eBikes, et al., M/C riders are licensed motorists, so what's their excuse? It's definitely not all of them but I'll go out on a limb to say that a significant majority are.

Here's just some of their typical behavior that I've personally observed during my daily commute...
    1. Swerving in and out of your lane in close proximity
    2. Using up all the 'safety' space and wiggle room around your vehicle while at a stop
    3. Forcibly lane-split even when there's hardly any room left in-between vehicles
    4. When I am merging to a street, M/Cs tend to "gang-up" and will not let you through even though the other vehicle who has the right-of-way already gave way
    5. They seldom take accountability for damages they incurred on other vehicles... pedestrians, even

These are just some of the major atrocious behavior I've observed but there are definitely a lot more nuanced ones.

So, imagine you have a shiny new car... how do you cope with these types of situations?

4. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    eBikes, eTrikes, and eQuads might be getting a lot of the attention in terms of traffic infractions. But for me, M/Cs are still by far the most undisciplined motorists out there, bar none. And unlike eBikes, et al., M/C riders are licensed motorists, so what's their excuse? It's definitely not all of them but I'll go out on a limb to say that a significant majority are.

Here's just some of their typical behavior that I've personally observed during my daily commute...
    2. Using up all the 'safety' space and wiggle room around your vehicle while at a stop
    3. Forcibly lane-split even when there's hardly any room left in-between vehicles
    4. When I am merging to a street, M/Cs tend to "gang-up" and will not let you through even though the other vehicle who has the right-of-way already gave way
    5. They seldom take accountability for damages they incurred on other vehicles... pedestrians, even

These are just some of the major atrocious behavior I've observed but there are definitely a lot more nuanced ones.

So, imagine you have a shiny new car... how do you cope with these types of situations?
    being a car and motorcycle driver/rider... some things you have to know when you've never ridden a motorbike for your commute
    (although, this is just for me and my friends/colleagues, we also have issues with some delivery/TNV riders)

- don't worry... maluwag pa, di mo lang nakikita - we love our bikes more than you love your car

- again... maluwag pa

- I think this is a rider thing... how will you move a car if there's no space?

- commit... you're thinking twice thats why the rider can see that gap

- (me and my friends only) - we have comprehensive insurance

5. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    being a car and motorcycle driver/rider... some things you have to know when you've never ridden a motorbike for your commute
    (although, this is just for me and my friends/colleagues, we also have issues with some delivery/TNV riders)
    I used to ride M/Cs... circa 2001 - 2008. Had three bikes, 2 scooters and a 400cc Honda V-Twin. I stopped because I got tired of smelling like petrol and Diesel when I meet with people.

- don't worry... maluwag pa, di mo lang nakikita - we love our bikes more than you love your car
    Based on the condition of their M/Cs, I highly doubt that.

- again... maluwag pa
    Nope. I'm not talking feet. They're mere inches. May suminok lang o bumahing, sasagi na sila. Dami kong unexplained na gasgas sa mga panels and particularly sa bumper corners. Yung ilan doon, aware ako na M/C naka-tama and of course, ilang beses na rin tinamaan side mirrors ko.

- I think this is a rider thing... how will you move a car if there's no space?
    Well, you wait... like everybody else, diba? There's an odd-shaped intersection with a RR crossing in Makati along Mayapis and Malugay. Coming from Mayapis (SB) on the rightmost lane and turning right (WB) on Malugay towards Osmena Hwy, dozens of M/Cs would squeeze themselves between the line of cars na papaliko sa kanan and the rightmost gutter. That's fine and all and in fact, there's already an unwritten rule for cars on that lane to give clearance for the M/Cs to filter through. However, pag dating sa intersection, ang pilit makipag-sabayan sa mga papalikong 4-wheels kaya madalas may sumasabit na M/C sa sasakyan sa area na yan. I myself, sinabitan yung old car ko last year. Buti minor lang. (then tinakbuhan ako)

- commit... you're thinking twice thats why the rider can see that gap
    I can "commit", pero paano kung naka-sumpong ako ng M/C na doble ang kamotehan (di na nagbigay, di pa nakapag-preno) at tinamaan ako, syempre kasalanan ko pa.

- (me and my friends only) - we have comprehensive insurance
    I doubt they all have insurance kung tatakbuhan din lang nila. Yung naka-sagi sa akin tinakbuhan lang din ako. I stopped to inspect the damage pero hindi sya huminto. I think comprehensive insurance should be made mandatory na. Make it a violation in itself kung wala or expired na insurance.
    Last edited by oj88; May 15th, 2024 at 03:04 PM.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    At least 2 times, tinamaan ng naka-motor side mirror ko. Hindi man lang huminto or humingi ng pasensiya. Akala yata okay lang tamaan ang side mirror.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    ^I think your M/C = Delivery/TNV/Habal Riders... I must admit... madami na din akong namura sa kanila since there have been multiple times na nabangga nila ako...

Actually, a lot of them have unregistered vehicles pa.

pero as I always mention during tambikes...

remove half of MCs on the road and replace them with 25 year old corollas and lancers... traffic will be much worse!

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    i know of a number of MC riders.
    they say they're on two wheels because they can't afford four wheels.
    thus, if we remove the two-wheels, i do not expect the four-wheels to significantly increase in number.

i don't mind sharing the road with two-wheels, but sana naman ay sumunod sila sa traffic laws.

i once asked an officemate what runs in his mind when he's out on the road on his motorsiklo.
    "sir, isa lang ang nasa isip ko. ang maka-uwi nang madali".

9. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i know of a number of MC riders.
    they say they're on two wheels because they can't afford four wheels.
    thus, if we remove the two-wheels, i do not expect the four-wheels to significantly increase in number.
    as I said... my estimate is half.

A good Japanese scooter will cost around 150K... that's a good budget for Small/Big Body + some minor repairs.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    actually... more than the way they drive and the state of their bikes

I'm more concerned with their safety gear.

no gloves. cheap helmets and sandals

my car was once hit by an MC and sa dami ng nawalang dugo sa rider, di ko na kinaya mag file ng charges against him. I just told the police na bayaran ko yung police report and make sure na di ko na makita yung rider after.

as a MC rider... 3 things I personally want to see

1. double plaka
    2. return of the no-contact vehicle apprehension
    3. small MCs on highways (125cc and above) - again, we're the only country with the 400cc rule

Too many PASAWAY motorcycle RIDERS  on the street