New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Got this email from the XSPA (Xavier School) -

Sent: Monday, September 22, 2008 11:58 PM
    Subject: [XSPAGrade7_2009] TimeZone (Greenhills Theater Mall) Incident

[SIZE=2]I never thought that my son will experience a similar incident as what had happened in Trinoma because I had already warned him about it. But I guess, when a child is cornered and alone, he can be so confused, frightened and helpless and subsequently follows whatever is asked of him.

My son was playing with four of his friends at Time Zone (the one in Greenhills Theater Mall) last Saturday (Sept. 20) afternoon. They were all playing separately and far apart from each other. A guy then approached my son and started scolding him that he was destroying the machine and he could be penalized for P100,000.00. He also warned my son that he will have a bad record in Greenhills for doing so. He kept on saying things to intimidate my son. He made my son believe that he was the owner of Time Zone. The employees of Time Zone did not mind this person who was pestering my son. My son attempted to call the attention of his classmate, but that guy would do all things to stop him. My son was able to shout the name of his classmate once but unfortunately Time Zone was too noisy and his call was left unheard. Finally, the guy told my son to go with him to the Greenhills office to clear his name. They went out of Time Zone and went to V-mall food court. While my son was walking towards V-mall, he felt that this man was not alone. There seemed to be people following them because when he tried to stop, people at the back would also stop. When they were in the food court, the guy told my son that he could not bring his things to the Greenhills office, so he brought out a plastic bag and asked him to put his PSP, cellphone and wallet into the plastic bag. He asked my son to seat and wait for him. That guy then went to talk with one of the personnel in Quantum, making it appear that he is depositing my son's things with the Quantum personnel. My son waited for maybe 10 minutes, and the guy disappeared. My son approached several Quantum personnel and asked if somebody left a plastic bag with him. The Quantum personnel told my son that he was robbed and the guy will not come back anymore. Realizing that he had been fooled, my son rushed back to our store in Promenade.

To make things worst, when my son's classmates were asking Time Zone personnel about the disappearance of my son, they did not offer any assistance and would not give any information. There was supposed to be a guard at the door where my son went out, but at that time that my son left Time Zone, there was no guard at the door. It could have been that an accomplice had led the guard away from the main door. I am still not sure if there had been connivance between Time Zone personnel and the thief, but because of their indifference to this incident, please advise your son not to patronize this establishment anymore.

Please advise your children to refrain from bringing their PSP to public places. I think it was my son's PSP, although it was kept in his pocket, that made him the target.
    [/SIZE][SIZE=2]
    [/SIZE]

Last edited by architect; September 23rd, 2008 at 10:58 AM.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    my nephews a few months backs sa timezone promenade naman, also had 2 men pestering them while they were playing, when i saw them sit beside my 2 nephews while playing a racing game, i immediately stood at their back and asked whats the problem? baket mo kelangan tabihan mga pamangkin ko? biglang tayo ang mga mokong ang went around the shop. so i called the timezone staff to ask for assistance regarding the 2 men, sagot lang sa akin, sorry sir 2 lang kasi kami ngayon at isang guard. so tinawag ko na yung guard and pointed to the 2 men, sensing they were in trouble they casually walked out of the shop.

kaya ngayon everytime my nephews ask me to go with them to timezone, i always tell them always in pairs never fly solo and i just stand by the door parang guard na din, mahirap na masalisihan.
    Last edited by impulzz; September 23rd, 2008 at 11:17 AM.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    same old MO, sinisindak yun mga bata, teach your youngster to always makes a scene pag meron ganyan incident to attract attention. sumigaw sila ng kidanpping or something tingnan ko lang kung hinde tumakbo yun mga loko.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Thanks for sharing. Something like that should be obvious or at least suspicious to the personnel, unless they're part of it somehow nga, or just don't care about customers.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Unfortunately GREENHILLS is full of rich kids who live in sheltered lives. There will always be people preying on these kids for a very long time.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Dati nasa bangketa lang nakaabang ang mga tar*nt*dong yan ngayon sa mga aircon at malls na sila naka abang… yan ang masarap ma trap eh. Tapos ipasok sa malamig na opisina at palabasin ang pawis ng butil butil.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    another lesson from the story..."don't let your children passby video arcade/timezone after school".

8. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    The email sounds very like a variant of a scare mail which was posted here before. Halos parehong-pareho, nag-iba lang ng venue. Olymnpic World yung una, tapos ngayon naman TimeZone. Pero same old MO, tinakot yung bata, pinaiwan yung gamit, tapos tumakas.

Sorry, but I'm a hard man to convince.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    It is precisely the reason you mentioned that I posted the email message as it seems to have become a common M.O. by the scammers. A few months ago, one of the moms at XSPA also reported her son being victimized at Trinoma. Same M.O. I doubt if these moms don't have better things to do than to go around spreading fictional tales. Besides, if you are familiar with the establishment involved, you won't find it difficult to believe the incident actually happened. There are quite a few of what we might consider "undesirables" who hang around that area.

If, by posting the email message, I am able to forewarn other parents and help prevent their kids from being victimized, then that is good enough for me. That others, like you, may remain unconvinced is totally fine with me. It is your perogative and I don't see any problem with that.

10. Join Date
    May 2007
    yan pala yung nakita namin last Sat. when we were in Greenhills... kausap ng mga bata along with their parents ang mga pulis sa harap ng theater mall.

salamat sa warning... i won't allow my son anymore to play at Timezone all by himself.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Timezone Greenhills