New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Today is the start of my 2nd life! I feel so because of what I just went through at the hands of a gun-toting individual whom I had a most unfortunate encounter with yesterday evening at the parking lot of Gateway in Cubao.

I had just rounded the corner following the exit arrows leasing towards the exit of the underground parking lot when to my surprise a grey Mitsubishi Adventure going the wrong way appears before me. Since it was a bit tight, I motion to him to look at the directional sign but I get a dirty finger instead and a mouthfull of what I surmise could be invectives basing from the movements of his mouth.

Since he was travelling with his wife and son whom I could see in his car, I thought that he would just let it pass and move by the side to let me through. I was mistaken, he alights from his car and rushes towards me. I thought I could still reason out with him but he was just so full of rage at this time. I go down from my car and all hell breaks loose, he hurls invectives at me all the time pointing his finger at my face. I told him that he was the one who committed a mistake going against traffic but he did not care at all. Then out of nowhere he pulled out a gun, cocked it and pointed it at me, then he told me “ sino ngayon ang matapang”. The only thing I could do was to tell him “babarilin mo ako para lang dito?”.

At this piont my whole life passes through my eyes and then I started to shout to attract the guard on duty. It took some time before a guard and a car washer would arrive but before that, the gunman further aggravated the situation by saying “putang ina ka! Sumbong sa guard, lang pala kaya mo!” However, as soon as he saw the guard, he went back to his car and and rushed towards the exit, I narrated to the guard what transpired and asked them to hold the Mitsubishi Adventure at the gate and call the police. They then asked me to move aside and not follow so as not to aggravate the situation further.

After a couple of very tense minutes, the guard went back to me and told me that the gunman got away! He said they tried to hold him but they were a bit intimidated by him. Quoting from the guard he said “ sobrang yabang sir,pinag-sisigawan kami lahat, opisyal daw siya, may kapangyarihan daw siya sa Cubao kasi Konsehal daw siya ng Cubao.” he said further, “Sabi ko mag-usap kayo sa security office pero ang sabi aabangan ka daw niya sa labas!” WTF!!!

At this juncture, I felt so outraged and so helpless at the same time! The security guards of Gateway could not do anything to “provide security”, ensure saftey of their patrons and at the least , do things the right way. They let go of the gunman, let themselves be intimidated and then they tell me just to take it easy. The only clue they could provide me was a name w/c according to them was certain “Larry”, apprently, he shouted at them and proclaimed who he was and how powerful he was. Another guard provided me with the plate number of the adventure and asked for name address etc. I asked if they would write a report but I got a mumble for an answer.

Not knowing what will happen next and worried that the so-called konsehal ng Cubao would make good his threat to wait for me and maybe waylay me , I decided to drive out of Gateway and head straight to the police detatchment. Sadly, the atmosphere at the Cubao precinct did not seem conducive and I did not have an incident report from the Security Guard anyway so decided to head for home. It was one long tense drive home!

I had always followed all traffic rules at every opportunity since I learned to drive decades ago. I do not have any criminal or even civil liabilities and consider myself a law-abiding, quiet and simple citizen. And this **** happens and you feel so helpless At least i’m alive and will wake another day to enjoy the company of my family.

So sorry for the long rant, I know you will all understand, but I do hope that this does not happen to any of you or your family, life is just so precious. If he is indeed a “konsehal” of Cubao,I shudder at the thought of he treats his constituents and I really feel sad for all those who voted for him to be their Civil Servant!

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Yabang naman ni Konsehal Ogags! Baka naman kagawad lang ng Brgy. ang kumag. Pero buti na lang Bro at hinayaan mo na lang. Mahirap din yung masyadong matapang. De baril yung kausap mo. Baka kung napaano ka pa.

May CCTV camera ba sa Gateway parking? Baka nai-record yung buong incident.

3. Join Date
    May 2007
    what the...! yes, aside from the CCTV, was the security guard sane enough to get the plate number of the Adventure?! pwedeng kasuhan ang kupal na yan!

despite of that, im glad that you are still alive... try to clear your mind of the incident, spend more time with your family and keep yourself busy with whatever you feel fulfilled with [SIZE=1](as long as it is good)[/SIZE]. i hope that helps po.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Just be happy you are stilll in one piece, the guards should have done their duty, they are security take note security guards, they should have done their best to help out, like preventing this thug from leaving the premises and at least get help from a police assistance center in Gateway.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Isumbong mo kay tulfo! Nakuha mo plates? post mo dito. Ingat bro

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    file a police blotter, since meron kang "eyewitness" sa mga guard na aabangan ka daw ng gago na yun!

I would say pursue a case against that thug..

post the plate number here....

7. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Pa post ng Plate Number, ang yabang naman nun, dapat doon kinukulong para matauhan, ang baril pang self-defense hindi pang takot ng ibang tao, nakakaasar un ah

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    post the plate number and report the car to LTO..

9. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by wally View Post

At this juncture, I felt so outraged and so helpless at the same time! The security guards of Gateway could not do anything to “provide security”, ensure saftey of their patrons and at the least , do things the right way. They let go of the gunman, let themselves be intimidated and then they tell me just to take it easy. The only clue they could provide me was a name w/c according to them was certain “Larry”, apprently, he shouted at them and proclaimed who he was and how powerful he was. Another guard provided me with the plate number of the adventure and asked for name address etc. I asked if they would write a report but I got a mumble for an answer.
    Naman, naman... YES, HE HAS THE PLATE NUMBER!

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    You have the plate number and witnesses. If there is no cooperation in the police precinct i'm pretty sure you can find other means by going up higher the ladder or reporting this to a media person, it just takes time, patience and good karma. Guys like that do not deserve to get away. AMP, Konsehal lang yan (malamang alalay lang yan ng Konsehal or something)... what's next, he'll try to go for Congress???

IMO, you did the right thing by trying to get attention. Because of that, I'm very sure he was much more scared then you were but he just had to find his way to get out. If you guys kept him there longer and blocked him off patay siya once more guards come in and you get the police over.

Maybe someone here at tsikot has the right connection in the QCPD. A ranking official in the QCPD used to be our instructor in ROTC (i respect that guy since he was very simple and low key and he took his Saturdays just to train college students in Law Enforcement) but unfortunately i've lost touch with him.
    Last edited by vinj; July 5th, 2009 at 09:35 AM.

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
Terror at Gateway