New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Dear patrons of this board,

Being the responsible, intelligent drivers that you are, I would like to request that you go out and check the condition of your tail lights. Nothing pisses me off more than having a jeep or some other vehicle stop with no indication whatsoever.

Another thing I would like to point out is that your car came stock with turn signals. It is good practice to signal even if it's "obvious" where you're headed. Slamming them on half a second before you cut someone off does not count as proper usage.

Your cooperation will aid in reducing the street shootings and baseball-bat-to-headlight attacks you hear about all the time. Or at least, the ones that I create in my head.

Thanks and good night.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Noted sir.

Though I've observed that the use of turn signals has dramatically increased over the past few years. When I was just a newbie driver, I was the only one who is using it. Nowadays, even taxi drivers use it when changing lanes in EDSA.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Bet ko na-cut off ka kanina? I'm getting used to it.

Yup. Instead of one out of every 100 drivers signalling, now it's one out of 50. :D

But any improvement is good.

Also, for all you scooter drivers out there, headlights are not an option, they're a MUST. Be sure to check your headlights before you leave in the morning, as it will be hard to get home if you find out they're broken after the shops are all closed.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Noted din. But I have my own observation on turn signal light.
    Kapag nagsignal ka to change lane yun mga katabing kotse lalo kang hindi pagbibigyan. Seems that the signal serves as warning to others that you are going to rob them their lane.

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    .. some of the drivers think that as long as they signal .. pwede na silang sumingit .. experience ko sa isang lady driver friend of mine ang sabi niya sa akin dati .. pagsumignal siya .. ok na raw sumingit .. kala ko mapapaaway or mababangga kami kasi mag-si-signal nga .. di pa naman tumitingin sa side mirror .. hay ..

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Also, kung meron mang mga PUJ or tricycle drivers / operators dito... please ask your drivers to always turn on their headlights when their vehicle is moving... I understand that the passengers may need to see the sign that says the route of the vehicle so u may need to turn the lights off... but remember to put it back on...

7. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    ay noted! pero, i have only one brake light working. yeowch! and yes, i always use my signal lights.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    sucks driving at edsa. i was just der 3 wks ago. kakainis mga bus.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Actually it's a good habit to practice when turning your steering wheel fingers should also clip the signal indicator. 3-way glancing on your mirrors; left, rear view & right.

Natatawa nga minsan mga nakasakay sa akin, I use signal lights even if the road is only right or left turn.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mrpink
    .. some of the drivers think that as long as they signal .. pwede na silang sumingit .. experience ko sa isang lady driver friend of mine ang sabi niya sa akin dati .. pagsumignal siya .. ok na raw sumingit .. kala ko mapapaaway or mababangga kami kasi mag-si-signal nga .. di pa naman tumitingin sa side mirror .. hay ..
    true true..pero mas nakakainis yung nilalabas yung ulo at kamay to signal..more so pag paa!! lentek!
    Got Mazda?-http://www.MAZDAtech.org [SIZE="1"]est. 2000[/SIZE]
    got mazda 2? -> mazda2ners

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Tail Lights and Turn Signals