New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    I can't find an existing thread to write this so I'm creating a new one.

I commented on a separate thread about parking about how need to just be less conspicuous of our cars since there are many stupid and arrogant drivers/people out there (http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showt...=34964&page=70).

Galing talaga, because I just posted that last Thursday/Friday, and I had a perfect example last Saturday morning of a stupid, arrogant driver. Here's what happened...

I was on my way home from Megamall at about 11 in the morning. I was on Megamall-Julia Vargas and did a right turn to Edsa (going northbound). I shifted lanes easily to get out of the bus lanes. Checking again my side mirrors, I saw this gold Nissan Sentra series 3 still very far away (but driving a bit fast) so I decided I can shift lanes already since I was deciding to take the Greenhills area route on my way home -- relatively maluwag pa Edsa that time.

Di ko napansin na busina ng busina na pala itong Sentra kahit malayo pa sya (mahina yung busina nya kasi hindi naman malakas yung radio ko). I was hearing a soft beeping sound that I thought came from some other car way back, yun pala, to realize it was the Sentra that was honking it's horn and it did not want me to get in front of him (I realized because nung medyo malapit na sya sa tail ko, he was flashing headlights and still honking).

Hindi naman ako mabagal mag-drive, so I decided to step on the gas agad para hindi gaano masira yung buwelo nya. E parang gusto ata nya akong i-overtake at i-cut pero hindi naman nya ako mahabol nung time na bumwelo na ako. He could've shifted to my right and overtook me if he could, pero hindi nya magawa kasi binilisan ko talaga (pero busina parin sya ng busina).

A car was in front so I decided to slow down a little and shifted to the leftmost lane (preparing to go to the flyover to ortigas/greenhills). Kita ko, he went to the right to overtake that same car then shifted back immediately to the lane going to ortigas (katabi kong lane but he was about 2 carlengths ahead)... e malas nya alam ko na balak nya akong i-cut so I slowed down -- he also slowed down pero mas mabagal ako -- and then when he committed to go back to the lane going edsa, I sped up again and waved my hand to him to say "bye bye".

I'm 100% sure that I didn't cut him kasi sobra pa talaga syang malayo. Dami lang talagang mga eps sa daan na feeling nila sila may-ari ng kalsadang dinadaanan nila -- that no one can shift lanes to get in front of them. Too many stupid and arrogant people in the streets, so better be safe guys.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    the best thing to do when you encounter a stupid/arrogant driver is to ignore them na lang. every time we go out on the road, more than half of the drivers we meet while driving are stupid and arrogant naman so i just ignore na lang, there's no point in going down their level and ruin your day.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    yup... I didn't let it ruin my day. Naalala ko lang i-post ngayon.

Nakangiti pa nga ako when I waved goodbye to the Sentra driver. No intention of giving him any obscene gestures that time. ...napaisip at napa-iling lang after.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    :bwahaha: that's the right thing to do, kahit ako one time minura pa ako ng mokong sabi ko lang thank you with a huge smile na parang ng aasar ang mukha ko.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    maraming ganyan sir... biglang bibilis sabay busina if you're going to enter sa lane nya ng maayos... mga utak ewan...

6. Join Date
    May 2005
    and im sure hanggang sa makarating sa pupuntahan nya yun, mainit pa mukha nun sa galit. :bwahaha:

7. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by foresterx View Post
    :bwahaha: that's the right thing to do, kahit ako one time minura pa ako ng mokong sabi ko lang thank you with a huge smile na parang ng aasar ang mukha ko.
    Quote Originally Posted by claRkEnt View Post
    and im sure hanggang sa makarating sa pupuntahan nya yun, mainit pa mukha nun sa galit. :bwahaha:
    siguradong praning yun

8. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    ignore na lang yun mga ganyan hanggat kaya baka ma ivler mahirap nakawawa naman mga pamilya natin

Stupid and Arrogant Drivers