New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by box_type View Post
    based on the video, the distance from the yellow box to the pedestrian lane is more than one car length, is this really a traffic violation?

and by the way, was the motorcycle rider also issued a ticket? he was clearly over the yellow box!!!
    Meh, motorcycles are Gods. Expecting them to be apprehended does not apply to this country.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by box_type View Post
    based on the video, the distance from the yellow box to the pedestrian lane is more than one car length, is this really a traffic violation?

and by the way, was the motorcycle rider also issued a ticket? he was clearly over the yellow box!!!
    Meh, motorcycles are Gods. Expecting them to be apprehended does not apply to this country.

2. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by cityfolk View Post
    Eto kuha ng dashcam ni misis:

Attachment 27078
    Attachment 27079
    Attachment 27080

video: Somevid

Meron daw siyang violation dahil dapat daw before the pedestrian lane siya huminto. Obvious naman na ang laki ng space sa pagitan ng pedestrian lane saka yellow box. Kapag doon ka huminto hindi ka sagabal sa pedestrian at hindi ka pa rin lagpas sa yellow box.

Tingin nyo violation ba talaga?
    Dyan sa kanto na yan ng mercedes ave. madalas pinababayaan lang lumampas. Akala ko ok lang, yun pala "space" para sa kakaliwa papuntang police station.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    ilang beses na din ako napastop sa space na yan pero dahil yellow light na nung nandyan na ko at di ko tinutuloy tumawid. di naman ako hinuhuli. as much as possible i try to stop before the pedestrian lane.

baka naman umabante pa din si misis mo dun sa space na yun kahit red light na at nandun na siya sa pwesto bago mag pedestrian lane.

ingat na lang sa susunod at palagi may buwaya dyan kahit sunday walang pahinga. kakagaling mo lang magsimba dyan sa sta. clara pag labas mo naman nagkalat mga alagad ng demonyo.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    may ganyan din sa buendia ave, yung stoplight between malugay and makati ave. 4 meters ata ang allowance between the intersection and the pedxing lines, pero walang solid line whatsoever that tells motorists to stop before the pedxing. and motorists aren't apprehended if they're in the 4 meter space.

another naman sa r. magsaysay cor v. mapa. may solid line bordering the pedxing pero most riders and vehicles ignore it. if fact the MTPB peeps doesnt seem to care too.

may ganyan din sa buendia ave, yung stoplight between malugay and makati ave. 4 meters ata ang allowance between the intersection and the pedxing lines, pero walang solid line whatsoever that tells motorists to stop before the pedxing. and motorists aren't apprehended if they're in the 4 meter space.

another naman sa r. magsaysay cor v. mapa. may solid line bordering the pedxing pero most riders and vehicles ignore it. if fact the MTPB peeps doesnt seem to care too.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Actually mga one and half car lengths pa yung pagitan ng ped crossing sa yellow box eh. Problema pa dun kapag maraming sasakyan ang dumadaan eh hindi naman nanghuhuli. Kung talaga bang ayaw nilang magpahinto doon eh sana ginawa na lang nila yung katulad sa harap ng sta. clara na talagang pininturahan ng yellow box.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Remember the time when strictly implemented pa yang stop line na yan? Ngayon dedma na lang, madalas wala or burado na yung stop lines sa ilang kalsada. Hirap dito saten basta marunong magmaneho pasado na. Most of the time people learn from firsthand experience na katulad nito. Buti pa sa ibang bansa kindergarten pa lang alam na yang mga signs na ganyan.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    hayaan mo na bro bawi nalang tayo sa susunod alam mo naman ang batas dito sa pilipinas hindi pantay pantay..

maka carma din mga hinyupak na yan...

8. Join Date
    Apr 2013
    usually these "solid lines" are placed before the pedxings. and pedxings are mostly placed before the intersection where the traffic lights are.

so kung "wala" mang "solid line", common sense na lang, huminto ka before the ped xing. hindi porke't may "space" pa between the pedxing and the "yellow box" ahead, e pwede doon. sabi nga ng ilan dito "hindi ba tinuturo sa driving school yan?"

usually these "solid lines" are placed before the pedxings. and pedxings are mostly placed before the intersection where the traffic lights are.

so kung "wala" mang "solid line", common sense na lang, huminto ka before the ped xing. hindi porke't may "space" pa between the pedxing and the "yellow box" ahead, e pwede doon. sabi nga ng ilan dito "hindi ba tinuturo sa driving school yan?"

9. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    How many motorist know that they need to stop before the pedxing kahit may space pa after pedxing? Malamang konti lang. Ang hirap lang pag alam mo batas at yung nasa likod mo hindi, bababaran ka ng busina pag huminto ka before pedxing.

Sana lang consistent sila sa application ng batas. Para alam ng tao.

Yung motor ba sa tabi nung kotse hinuli rin? Or selective sila sa pag implement ng batas? Pano matututo sumunod ang mga motorista kung ganyan.
    Last edited by BratPAQ; June 11th, 2015 at 02:10 AM.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    i see pedestrian lanes 10-20 meters before the traffic lights, does it also follow that you should stop before the pedestrian lanes? and can somebody point me to the exact traffic rules anywhere in the Philippines that says you cannot stop in between the yellow box and the pedestrian lanes even if there's ample space for 2-3 cars or more...

i know that you should stop before the pedestrian lanes if its right next to the traffic lights (no space for a car at least in between the yellow box and pedestrian lanes)

if this really is a traffic rule then i stand corrected and please forgive my ignorance....

i see pedestrian lanes 10-20 meters before the traffic lights, does it also follow that you should stop before the pedestrian lanes? and can somebody point me to the exact traffic rules anywhere in the Philippines that says you cannot stop in between the yellow box and the pedestrian lanes even if there's ample space for 2-3 cars or more...

i know that you should stop before the pedestrian lanes if its right next to the traffic lights (no space for a car at least in between the yellow box and pedestrian lanes)

if this really is a traffic rule then i stand corrected and please forgive my ignorance....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast