New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Under RA 4136:

SECTION 46. Parking Prohibited in Specified Places. – No driver shall park a vehicle, or permit it to stand, whether attended or unattended, upon a highway in any of the following places:

(a) Within an intersection.
    (b) On a crosswalk.
    (c) Within six meters of the intersection of curb lines.
    (d) Within four meters of the driveway entrance to and fire station.
    (e) Within four meters of a fire hydrant.
    (f) In front of a private driveway.
    (g) On the roadway side of any vehicle stopped or parked at the curb or edge of the highway.
    (h) At any place where official signs have been erected prohibiting parking.

Section 42
    (c) The driver of any vehicle upon a highway within a business or residential district shall yield the right of way to a pedestrian crossing such highway within a crosswalk, except at intersections where the movement of traffic is being regulated by a peace officer or by traffic signal. Every pedestrian crossing a highway within a business or residential district, at any point other than a crosswalk shall yield the right of way to vehicles upon the highway.

The Right of Way Principle:

Right-of-Way in traffic is: Having the right to use a specific traffic path, instead of another driver.

Yield to/ let pass those in the right of way.

This right-of-way policy is important especially in times when there are accidents, and it is being figured out which party is the right or wrong. Who is liable for the accident. etc.

Who has the right of way?

– In intersections: those already inside the intersection
    – In intersections: if 2 of you approach the intersection, the 1 at the right has the right of way
    – In rotondas: those already going around the rotonda
    – Pedestrians crossing at crosswalk
    – Ambulance, police cars, fire department vehicles

To-dos to Respect Right of Way Rules :

AT ALL INTERSECTIONS without “stop” or “yield” signs, slow down and prepare to stop.
    If vehicles are already in the middle or preparing to enter it, yield/ let them pass.
    Yield to the vehicle on your right if it has reached the intersection of same time as your vehicle.
    At Stop signs: Stop at any limit line or crosswalk. Yield to all approaching vehicles on the through street, go only when it is safe for you to cross. Approaching vehicles should slow down and allow you to get across safely.
    At Left Turns: Signal left turn and yield to approaching traffic until it is completely safe to finish the turn.
    At Rotondas: When entering a highway, yield the right-of-way to cars on the highway.
    Give the Right-of-Way to Emergency Vehicles sounding a siren or bell or flashing a red light by pulling to the edge of the roadway and stopping. In the event traffic is so congested as to prevent you from safely doing so, slow down and leave a clear path for the emergency vehicles.

So far these are the applicable laws that I have seen. However, its common sense na dapat hwag harangan ang tawiran diba? Imagine yourself to be a pedestrian and may nakaharang na sasakyan sa dadaanan mo.

imho.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Under RA 4136:

SECTION 46. Parking Prohibited in Specified Places. – No driver shall park a vehicle, or permit it to stand, whether attended or unattended, upon a highway in any of the following places:

(a) Within an intersection.
    (b) On a crosswalk.
    (c) Within six meters of the intersection of curb lines.
    (d) Within four meters of the driveway entrance to and fire station.
    (e) Within four meters of a fire hydrant.
    (f) In front of a private driveway.
    (g) On the roadway side of any vehicle stopped or parked at the curb or edge of the highway.
    (h) At any place where official signs have been erected prohibiting parking.

Section 42
    (c) The driver of any vehicle upon a highway within a business or residential district shall yield the right of way to a pedestrian crossing such highway within a crosswalk, except at intersections where the movement of traffic is being regulated by a peace officer or by traffic signal. Every pedestrian crossing a highway within a business or residential district, at any point other than a crosswalk shall yield the right of way to vehicles upon the highway.

The Right of Way Principle:

Right-of-Way in traffic is: Having the right to use a specific traffic path, instead of another driver.

Yield to/ let pass those in the right of way.

This right-of-way policy is important especially in times when there are accidents, and it is being figured out which party is the right or wrong. Who is liable for the accident. etc.

Who has the right of way?

– In intersections: those already inside the intersection
    – In intersections: if 2 of you approach the intersection, the 1 at the right has the right of way
    – In rotondas: those already going around the rotonda
    – Pedestrians crossing at crosswalk
    – Ambulance, police cars, fire department vehicles

To-dos to Respect Right of Way Rules :

AT ALL INTERSECTIONS without “stop” or “yield” signs, slow down and prepare to stop.
    If vehicles are already in the middle or preparing to enter it, yield/ let them pass.
    Yield to the vehicle on your right if it has reached the intersection of same time as your vehicle.
    At Stop signs: Stop at any limit line or crosswalk. Yield to all approaching vehicles on the through street, go only when it is safe for you to cross. Approaching vehicles should slow down and allow you to get across safely.
    At Left Turns: Signal left turn and yield to approaching traffic until it is completely safe to finish the turn.
    At Rotondas: When entering a highway, yield the right-of-way to cars on the highway.
    Give the Right-of-Way to Emergency Vehicles sounding a siren or bell or flashing a red light by pulling to the edge of the roadway and stopping. In the event traffic is so congested as to prevent you from safely doing so, slow down and leave a clear path for the emergency vehicles.

So far these are the applicable laws that I have seen. However, its common sense na dapat hwag harangan ang tawiran diba? Imagine yourself to be a pedestrian and may nakaharang na sasakyan sa dadaanan mo.

imho.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    "So far these are the applicable laws that I have seen. However, its common sense na dapat hwag harangan ang tawiran diba? Imagine yourself to be a pedestrian and may nakaharang na sasakyan sa dadaanan mo. "

hindi naman hinarangan ng wife ng ts yung tawiran (pls read the ts post again) and based on the rules that you posted (which i already reasearched before i posted my argument) there's no law preventing you to get in-between (not over the pedestrian lane as you are pointing out) the yellow box and the pedestrian lanes when there's ample space for 3-4 cars....

im not flaming here i just wanted to be enlightened as i don't see the logic here not getting inside or in-between the yellow box and pedestrian lanes with ample space for 3-4 cars who ami obstructing? pedestrians are crossing way way back of my car and im not obtructing the intersection as i stopped right before the yellow box?

"So far these are the applicable laws that I have seen. However, its common sense na dapat hwag harangan ang tawiran diba? Imagine yourself to be a pedestrian and may nakaharang na sasakyan sa dadaanan mo. "

hindi naman hinarangan ng wife ng ts yung tawiran (pls read the ts post again) and based on the rules that you posted (which i already reasearched before i posted my argument) there's no law preventing you to get in-between (not over the pedestrian lane as you are pointing out) the yellow box and the pedestrian lanes when there's ample space for 3-4 cars....

im not flaming here i just wanted to be enlightened as i don't see the logic here not getting inside or in-between the yellow box and pedestrian lanes with ample space for 3-4 cars who ami obstructing? pedestrians are crossing way way back of my car and im not obtructing the intersection as i stopped right before the yellow box?

3. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by box_type View Post

Because if you allow vehicles to stop in that portion of the intersection, you're technically allowing vehicles to breach the pedestrian lane on a red light. That's a no-no.

I like to call that particular spot the "no man's land". It is essentially considered part of the intersection and you have no business staying there on a red light.

The stop lane is clearly marked on this particular road so vehicles should stop before it. There could be no other interpretation.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    i see pedestrian lanes 10-20 meters before the traffic lights, does it also follow that you should stop before the pedestrian lanes? and can somebody point me to the exact traffic rules anywhere in the Philippines that says you cannot stop in between the yellow box and the pedestrian lanes even if there's ample space for 2-3 cars or more...

i know that you should stop before the pedestrian lanes if its right next to the traffic lights (no space for a car at least in between the yellow box and pedestrian lanes)

if this really is a traffic rule then i stand corrected and please forgive my ignorance....

i see pedestrian lanes 10-20 meters before the traffic lights, does it also follow that you should stop before the pedestrian lanes? and can somebody point me to the exact traffic rules anywhere in the Philippines that says you cannot stop in between the yellow box and the pedestrian lanes even if there's ample space for 2-3 cars or more...

i know that you should stop before the pedestrian lanes if its right next to the traffic lights (no space for a car at least in between the yellow box and pedestrian lanes)

if this really is a traffic rule then i stand corrected and please forgive my ignorance....
    asking the same question. dapat may set standard on these matters. like gawin part ng red/orange box yung empty space para hindi na mamilosopo ang mga tulad ko hehehe.

matanong lang, sa ibang bansa ba may ganyang pedxing na 2 meters ang layo sa intersection?

5. Join Date
    May 2014
    bro medyo alanganin nga sya
    Pero if you frequent that area makikita mo na daanan sya pa kaliwa ng police station
    Tapos few meters before that, may mini intersection naman na dapat open lagi dahil may village doon at daanan din ng police. Nakakainis minsan bubusinahan ka ng nasa likod mo pag may space doon sa intersection kasi feeling nila nalalamangan ka nung mga tumatawid na auto doon. Hehehe

6. Join Date
    Jan 2009

If the crosswalk does not have a traffic light, you're free to drive over it (granting there's no pedestrians crossing at the time).

7. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    May itatanong lang po ako mga sir anong RA at anong section po makikita na bawal yong sasakyan nakausli ang bumper ng car sa grahe. This is townhouse and yong driveway is 5meters. And this is the situation ang katabi namin ay retired col. sya yon nasa last unit then kami pang 2 &3 from the last unit dalawang unit kinuha namin para lang may magagamit na grahe so ngayon ang suv namin dito nakapark sa pang 3 na unit umpisa sa kanya. Yong grahe nya ginawan ng gate at kulongan ng mga aso ngayon at tuwing gabi dito siya nagppark sa tapat ng gate namin sa no.2 unit na katabi nya at nahihirapan naman kami lumabas gamit ang ebike or motor kailangan pa sya tatawagin para aatras kasi totally nakablock sya sa driveway namin. Naglagay kami ng No parking on driveway at umalma na sya bakit daw may ganun sinabi namin hindi makadaan yong ebike at motor kasi nakaharang ka at ang sagot nya kaya daw hindi nya pinapasok sa grahe yong car nya kasi nakausli yong suv namin na nakapark dito sa pang3 na unit bawal daw yon so kami pa yong mali na nakasalpak kami sa grahe namin tapos sya nakablock sa driveway hindi nya nabasa sa RA4136 Sec46 letter (f) bawal yon ginawa nya. Kaya po gusto ko malaman kung anong RA po makikita yong sinabi nya na bawal yong nakausli na car sa grahe and this is not a public road this is a private driveway provided by the developer inside the townhouse. Please help.
    Thanks in advance for your opinion.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    if it is a private driveway, then you must address your complaints to the property developer or manager.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Ok po sir thank you.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123