New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I would have dismissed it as an isolated case when one weekday a month or so ago a White Range Rover with plate ZKT 357 intentionally did a counterflow to cut me at the Paseo de Roxas - Buendia intersection and as I trailed it violated the subdivision speed limits to race to Rockwell where it turned off at the Hidalgo building. Luckily no children were walking on the streets as the person driving rudely drove like a madman.

Then a few weeks later another Range Rover - this time dark blue I believe - with plate number ZD? 191 ran the red light at the same intersection way past the yellow light causing other cars to screech. It had no wang wang and seemed to not care about the normal, lower priced sedans as this was a normal hour like 6pm in the evening.

Is it the car they drive that makes them feel that they should behave this way? Or are they merely glorified jeepney drivers? (<< in the interest of not stereotyping as it has been pointed out this is a remark that is uncalled for. For that I apologize)
    Last edited by gearhead; December 8th, 2009 at 05:26 PM. Reason: maybe title should be changed to: Some rude range rover owners

2. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Stereotyping na naman. Same with Fortuner owners na feeling "bigtime" daw.

Nasa driver yan. Dami ako nakikita naka bulok or riced out cars mas matindi pa umasta kesa sa mga naka latest 2-doors. Bakit yun di mo napansin?

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucius View Post
    Stereotyping na naman. Same with Fortuner owners na feeling "bigtime" daw.

Nasa driver yan. Dami ako nakikita naka bulok or riced out cars mas matindi pa umasta kesa sa mga naka latest 2-doors. Bakit yun di mo napansin?
    I agree that is why I tried to change the title to: Some rude range rover drivers. But was not able to edit it since edit did not allow title change. So if someone can help out.

Yes a rude driver is a rude driver regardless of vehicle. Again if you can assist in changing the title your help would be appreciated.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Lucius, mainit yata ulo mo lately ah...

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    LOL baka dahil sa mga rude drivers. Peace

6. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    Ung mga Amputa kasi may Rover din [cguro]!

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Late na kasi silang sumundo ng kanilang mga amo.

Or typical depression based behavior lang, from spending for such an expensive vehicle, then later realizing they still get stuck in the same Metro Manila traffic jams as less expensive vehicles, sometimes even more stuck because of their size.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Typically, the more expensive and bulky your vehicle is, the more you feel you have the "right" to assert your "right of way" over everyone else's.

Of course... this isn't limited to Range Rover drivers... it's also common of any SUV driver... van driver... taxi driver... jeepney driver... car driver... scooterista... lots of people feel they're more important than you.

Whoops... my car has stalled about six inches from your bumper, mr.Counterflow... let me just get out and check my radiator...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by gearhead View Post
    I would have dismissed it as an isolated case when one weekday a month or so ago a White Range Rover with plate ZKT 357 intentionally did a counterflow to cut me at the Paseo de Roxas - Buendia intersection and as I trailed it violated the subdivision speed limits to race to Rockwell where it turned off at the Hidalgo building. Luckily no children were walking on the streets as the person driving rudely drove like a madman.

Then a few weeks later another Range Rover - this time dark blue I believe - with plate number ZD? 191 ran the red light at the same intersection way past the yellow light causing other cars to screech. It had no wang wang and seemed to not care about the normal, lower priced sedans as this was a normal hour like 6pm in the evening.

Is it the car they drive that makes them feel that they should behave this way? Or are they merely glorified jeepney drivers? (<< in the interest of not stereotyping as it has been pointed out this is a remark that is uncalled for. For that I apologize)
    Don't blame the car bro...it's the driver who has this behavior. They feel if they are driving an expensive car, they are exempted in such violation. Just like what happen to me today, A civic with plate no: ZLB958 try to hit me a few inches away... Face the reality...it is normal only in the PHILIPPINES

10. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by gearhead View Post

if its a range rover, i would assume that they have their own driver and its not the owner thats driving? baka dating bus/jeepney driver yung na-hire nilang driver kaya ganun?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Are some range rover owners naturally rude?