New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    If you are the driver of a maroon CRV with plate number ZLE 101, here are some driving lessons for you:

1. Know your roads -- you know you wanted to turn left to Lanuza from Julia Vargas coming from Tiendesitas. So, you should make sure you are at the innermost lane. Don't stay in the middle lane meant for those who want to go straight towards Megamall. You endanger vehicles on your left who don't expect a vehicle from their right suddenly jerking towards them.

2. In relation to #1 above if, for some reason, you fail to position yourself on the innermost lane, just move forward and turn left at the next available intersection. Don't force yourself to turn left as you inconvenience the vehicles behind you while you wait for an opportunity to be able to turn left. Be considerate, or are you so thick skulled you didn't hear them all honking at you?

3. If you commit an error as in above, you have no right to get angry at a motorist with the right of way who honked at you. I honked at you because I was on the innermost lane and was about to turn left, but you jerked your vehicle without warning towards my direction, almost hitting me. I honked to make sure you see my vehicle, and stop you from making an idiotic mistake.

4. Don't let road rage get to you when you are in the wrong. I clearly saw you run after me after I made my turn. I was chill on my way home, but I heard you rev your engine and try to catch up to me. I saw you hurtle towards me, until you were abreast with my vehicle, and very near my side. That was very dangerous.

5. Put it in your head that just because you were driving a Honda CRV doesn't mean you are the fastest thing on four wheels. I could hear your engine revving loudly as you came abreast my calmly running vehicle. So you think you were really fast, eh? Then,I made a small press on the accelerator and you suddenly seemed to stop, frozen in time, as I left you far behind. Oh, yeah, a Tucson ix, even the 2.0 gas variant, can be darn fast.

6. Once you've been schooled, that's it. We're no longer interested with you. Nope, I'll be chill again despite you hoping to catch my attention. I made my point, and I want to go safely my way.

So, to recap: don't be an ass on the road.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    You both turn left to Lanuza sir that means hinde malayong magka village pala kayo?

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Idiotic. Good thing you're a cool headed person. Otherwise, he'l likely end up with a bullet in his head.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlestar View Post
    You both turn left to Lanuza sir that means hinde malayong magka village pala kayo?
    I don't think so sir. We parted ways near ULTRA as he turned towards San Antonio while I proceeded to Oranbo.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by blitz122805 View Post
    Idiotic. Good thing you're a cool headed person. Otherwise, he'l likely end up with a bullet in his head.
    Over a decade ago, when I was working with the military, that idea may not be so far-fetched, *lol* But today, there are more important things than getting even, so I let it go. Must be age creeping up on me, hehe!

I really didn't give him attention after turning left. However, hearing the rev of his engine, seeing him catch up to me, and come abreast near my vehicle with less than a foot between us side by side really irked me. I sped away to get away from him, but he seems to think I was trying to race him. When he caught up to me a second time, he slowed down even when the road ahead of him was clear, and it seemed like he was raring for a race. Of course, I just ignored him at that point and seeing I was not interested, he probably just went on his way.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Not worth the effort and energy. masisira lang lalo araw mo or worse, buhay mo pag pumatol. Bawi ka na since na goon squad na haha!

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    HAHAHA. Revving ? Using a CR-V ? Seriously ? That's one of the dumbest thing I've ever heard. :hysterical:

8. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Grabe ah, ako noong may Tucson gli(gas variant) ako last year, walang CR-V na makahabol sa akin eh, kaya lang naibenta ko na kasi yung isang kaibigan ko, patay na patay sa tucson dahil ayaw maghintay sa hyundai dahil ang tagal daw, ayun, binenta ko ng same price nong nabili ko ng brand new....medyo nagsisisi nga ako eh dahil na-miss ko yung tulin nito

note to CR-V users
    pansin ko lang ang-yayabang ussually ng may CR-V gen 1 at gen 2(ahem Jason Ivler...), i dunno pero grabe, no offense to other CR-V users pero maybe some of them think that just because you have vtec, your car can go as fast as a modded SiR..haaay

Some driving lessons for a CRV with plate # ZLE 101