New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    After seeing what had happened to the poor lady driver that was driving the black lancer that lost control sa new it make me think bakit nashoot yun entire car sa ditch. Last thursday my family went to hidden valley, as expected traffic sa calamba tollgate and i was those ditch which questionable yun size niya. Its 4 feet deep and the opening of those ditches are car wide. Ano ba talaga purpose nito ditch sa SLEX? To collect water or to catch those out of control vehicles? Kung for collecting rain water, they can easily cover up those opening. Kung to capture those out of control vehicles, this isnt safe at all. On our way back to manila i saw a black montero sport na total wreck being pull out sa ditch north bound near shell station. If the ditch was designed to stop a vehicle, it fails miserably coz im sure this would bring serious injuries to the driver and its passengers( even fatal pa). Those ditch are cemented and solid talaga, talo talaga yun mga vehicles, kasi those vehicle and who ever inside the vehicle landing sa ditch na yun will have to absorbs the full impact.

Vehicles travelling sa SLEX seems like they dont follow the overtaking lane unlike sa NLEX na may ilan ilan na makulit but sa SLEX as in walang sumusunod during my travel last thursday. Madaming portion ng expressway na hindi pantay pantay na yun road condition, hindi man lang ayusin.

Sa calamba may tollway na then if you go further another tollway ulit that you need to pay an additional 25, i have no ideal kung i go further more pa kung may another tollway pa ulit. Ilan beses ba talaga natin magbabayad kung we want to travel the entire stretch of SLEX? No wonder ang traffic sa calamba tollway kasi naging bottle neck siya, kung wala sana yun tollway doon at ilagay nalang mismo sa very end of SLEX im sure hindi ganon ka traffic dapat. Ibig ba sabihin na iba yun developer ng SLEX after calamba kaya hiwalay yun toll? Mabilis lang naman gawan ng paraan yun accounting kung sakaling magkaiba yun company managing the SLEX after calamba for the benefit of the motorists.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Another is the implementation of speeding sa SLEX. The whole stretch i was running 100 to 110 lang since kasama ko wife, baby girl and yaya sa car. May nagovertake sa amin ng isang altis approx running 150 and a convoy of panamera at m3 running around 180kph. Since traffic na sa tollgate halos magkasabay na kami lahat pero ang hinuli lang yun altis. Dapat the law applies to all, hindi porke mamahalin ang kotse kailangan deadmahin nalang nila yun overspeeding ginawa.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by AKI125 View Post
    Another is the implementation of speeding sa SLEX. The whole stretch i was running 100 to 110 lang since kasama ko wife, baby girl and yaya sa car. May nagovertake sa amin ng isang altis approx running 150 and a convoy of panamera at m3 running around 180kph. Since traffic na sa tollgate halos magkasabay na kami lahat pero ang hinuli lang yun altis. Dapat the law applies to all, hindi porke mamahalin ang kotse kailangan deadmahin nalang nila yun overspeeding ginawa.
    Unfortunately, if you are the lead car in a fast convoy, you'll be the one tagged by the speedgun. The ones behind the lead car is covered so it's license plate cannot be tagged as easily. (Hence one of the speeding tactics is to follow closely behind a fast car to avoid getting tagged yourself. Works well enough for now).
    Last edited by ghosthunter; April 7th, 2012 at 01:47 PM.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Went to Lipa yesterday...

What really gets my goat are drivers who do not follow simple traffic rules. The innermost lane is for overtaking, the middle lane are for those who travel slower and the outermost lane will be for the slowest...

Drivers insist on staying in the innermost lane even if they're only travelling at 80kph... Flash your headlights and/or blow your horn and they have the gall to even give you the finger!!!!!!!!!! You then have no choice but to pass them on the outer lane... To top it all, when you pass them and you go back to the inner lane they'll flash their light, blow their horn and give you another dose of their finger..........

Are they simply just too thick or am I too impatient????????

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    ^ They're just idiots. Matagal ko na kinaiinisan yung mga ganyan. :D

6. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by docgorio View Post

What really gets my goat are drivers who do not follow simple traffic rules. The innermost lane is for overtaking, the middle lane are for those who travel slower and the outermost lane will be for the slowest...

Drivers insist on staying in the innermost lane even if they're only travelling at 80kph... Flash your headlights and/or blow your horn and they have the gall to even give you the finger!!!!!!!!!! You then have no choice but to pass them on the outer lane... To top it all, when you pass them and you go back to the inner lane they'll flash their light, blow their horn and give you another dose of their finger..........

Gayahin mo tatay ko. Mag tawag ka at pasundan mo.

Then pagulpi mo. Honestly, yan lang gamot sa mga yan.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Unfortunately, if you are the lead car in a fact convoy, you'll be the one tagged by the speedgun. The ones behind the lead car is covered so it's license plate cannot be tagged as easily. (Hence one of the speeding tactics is to follow closely behind a fast car to avoid getting tagged yourself. Works well enough for now).
    yup kahit sa states ganyan ang nahuhuli madalas yung nauuna, kaya pag ang overspeeding ako don i always make sure some one infront of me is going faster than i am.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by docgorio View Post

Check the kilometer reading on the road side and you can call Slex traffic control if there are vehicles blocking the fast lane. No guarantees but if a unit is near enough, they will assist in clearing the lane. Stubborn drivers will be apprehended.

Reserve this for severely underspeeding vehicles.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    *OP

The ditches are big because they need to channel a LOT of water. The roof area from just one house or building can catch a lot of water. You can get a good idea of this when you look at a storm drain while it's raining. Now imagine the surface area of an entire section of road collecting water. Even with the ditches that big there are still some sections of SLEX where flooding can occur when rain is very heavy. So yes, they do need to be that big. In fact they probably need to be bigger.

Covering it up isn't that easy either. Can you imagine how much it would cost to build a three lane-wide covers for over 60kms of road?

The center ditch is to prevent vehicles from one side from crossing over onto oncoming traffic on the other side. Between being in a ditch, or head-on to oncoming cars, I'm sure most people would prefer a ditch.

It's not like SLEX is being lax or cheap about the road-building either. Open ditches are the norm when it comes to long stretches of highway, for reasons mentioned above. Here's an 18 wheeler getting blown by high winds into the ginormous center ditch on an interstate:
    Semi blown into Ditch by straight line winds on I-80 in Iowa - YouTube

And here's a ditch-making machine on the Autobahn

tl;dr: Accidents are accidents. There's nothing wrong with the ditches.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Kamiya View Post
    *OP

tl;dr: Accidents are accidents. There's nothing wrong with the ditches.
    +1...
    drive safely and wisely to minimize accidents... that way hindi ka maliligo with your car sa ditches na yan...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Slex