New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    OK, so whoever has gone recently to Robinson's Galleria and tried to park at their basement parking should be familiar with their "40 pesos parking fee whether you get to park or not" policy. Now I don't mind paying the fee IF I KNEW that I'd be risking a no-park scenario, but their parking doesn't have ANY indicators at all whether the parking is full to the brim, unlike parking lots in Greenhills or SM or most other parking lots that do not allow vehicles to enter the parking lot itself unless there is a vacant space. At least there is a chance to change your mind and drive out of the queue if you decide you can't wait.

[SIZE="4"]BUT NOT AT ROBINSONS.[/SIZE] Yes, they continually let vehicles in despite the fact that they KNOW their parking lot is overflowing with vehicles, resulting in underground parking that's so full of smog your eyes start to hurt and your clothes smell like exhaust fumes just by walking through the parking lot to the mall. And the kicker is, once you decide you can't take it anymore and leave without parking, they FORCE you to pay the full parking fee even if they KNOW through your parking card that you haven't even been in there for 10 minutes! I only go to Galleria because of Papa Johns, and now that there is a Papa Johns in Greenhills I will bring my business there and keep a distance from this seedy and obsolete strip mall until it is torn down!

John Gokongwei I hope all the money you robbed from all those motorists and more will be taken away from you as well someday when you get scammed by a conman better than you think you are!

Forget you!!!

2. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Bukas pa pala robinsons galleria. Puro kasi ako SM at trinoma.

Grabe tagal na ako hindi nakapunta ng robinsons. Thank you din sa warning mo lalo hindi ako pupunta jan.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    I share your sentiments.
    May nasigawan nga yata ako dun, pero I shouldn't have (napa-iyak ko yata) - dapat pala sa management nila ako nagsungit.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by eojlin View Post
    I share your sentiments.
    May nasigawan nga yata ako dun, pero I shouldn't have (napa-iyak ko yata) - dapat pala sa management nila ako nagsungit.
    That is right, don't blame the attendant, their supervisor!

I don't think Gokongwei would also have to be blamed - the malls management might need to solve this.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I think Robinson's Galleria is having installed the same parking sensors/lights used in SM Malls. Hopefully once running, this would help manage the parking issues.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    They already installed it, siguro may 2 months na din?
    almost everyday ako andyan, and before nga may grace period na 30mins free pa ang parking mo but now as you enter sigurado na ang bayad mo ng 40 petot. Sad to say ganyan nga ang scenario, puno na still papasok pa din ng papasok theyy will even suggest you na mag park sa basement 3 which i find very inconvenient dahil ang layo na niya sa main mall dahil lalakad ka papanik. unlike other malls na may elevator ang basement parking connecting to the main mall. Hanggang basement 1 lang kasi elevator ng galleria.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    galing ako lastweek may sensor/lights na nga. pero kapag pumasok ka na pailalim wala ka na yatang ligtas hehe

abutan mo na lang mga carwash boys para sila na bahala maghanap ng slot para sayo

8. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    they should at least have a grace period of lets say 15 minutes just like what greenhills is doing, kung wala ka makita slot within that period wala ka babayaran.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Now I'm not really a very picky person and would park at Basement 3 if need be, pero ang problema nga is that pag wala na talagang parking as in WALA NA, dapat may sign sa labas ng mall advising motorists kung ilan pang parking slots ang unoccupied. Ortigas Center management had this done at Greenhills. SM management had this for years at their SM malls. Ayala Land already had this for more than a decade in Glorietta and Greenbelt. So why can't Robinsons? I wouldnt expect that "technology" at Starmall for example, but this is a major mall that's been around for decades that we are talking about here.

I blame John Gokongwei because nothing happens in his Robinson's Group of Companies without his knowledge. Hindi maaprubahan ang kalokohan na policy na yan kundi yan alam ng may-ari. Some nincompoop kiss-ass manager must have noticed the number of vehicles leaving without paying and whispered it to the earwax-crusted ears of John G whose eyes must have lit up with peso signs upon realizing the profit potential of those transient motorists. Keep driving away what little shoppers you have, John G. It's not like there's anything to see in that dank, musty building you call a mall anyway.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    connected ang basement parking ng crowne plaza at galleria. one time namali pasok ko nagpark ako sa crowne basement parking tapos nag exit ako sa galleria basement parking, binigay ko yung parking card, sabi ng teller free daw. maybe because of the parking card crowne issued to me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Robinson's Galleria basement parking rant