New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 42 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Some already assumed that the owner is the driver.

Scary for the owner if he is not the one driving este killed the biker

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    FB page of the car owner is still up, goodluck to him after logging in on FB.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by cast_no_shadow View Post
    Some already assumed that the owner is the driver.

Scary for the owner if he is not the one driving este killed the biker

At the very least, the owner should know who the driver was

4. Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Lew_Alcindor View Post
    So educate me. What journalistic principle was violated?

Print and TV news regularly mention names of crime suspects. Tell me what is the difference with this?

I am all for due process but this has been happening eversince. Why raise your arm now?
    1) Re: journalistic principle: VERIFY before you publish. If they weren't 100 percent sure, they shouldn't have posted.

2) Re: naming names: Yes, they name SUSPECTS. Those that are in custody or are at large but have warrants out for their arrest, or are persons of interest in an investigation.

The very neutrally worded caption "So the Hyundai Eon with conduction sticker number MO3746 has been traced to this account: www.facebook.com/nestor.punzalan" very carefully does not mention that he is a suspect or is any way involved. No mention of the incident, in fact. Technically, I can't even accuse them of actually accusing him of anything. But do you think netizens wouldn't connect the dots?

3) Re: difference: Thing is though, that consumers of social media and traditional media are wildly different. Seeing the video footage on your feed, with the freedom to rewatch, pause, zoom and freeze frame has a much more immense impact on an already highly strung audience -- compared with watching the cctv footage in a 2.5 minute report during primetime news by a comparatively relaxed audience.

4) Re: why now: Because the editors of Topgear know their audience. They know what they put into motion by posting that.

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    nowadays, one is presumed guilty unless proven innocent. the top leader of the land do that.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Nakakalungkot to. Based on the video alone, ang mali yung eon kasi nagchange lane when the bike is clearly there, tapos sya pa nagalit. Ang pinakamali dito syempre yung murder. Obviously natamaan ang ego nung eon driver nung natalo sya sa suntukan. At dahil natapakan ang pride, pinatay nya yung nakaaway nya. Buti na lang may CCTV. I wonder kung wlaang CCTV dun sa lugar. I hope hindi lang homicide ang case. Wag sanang maareglo ito. Parang Jason Ivler version 2.0.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by cast_no_shadow View Post
    Pasok ba sa self defense?

Lot of crazies out there, katakot.

Choose your battles talaga, hindi mo akalain hindi ka na pala makakauwi.

Somebody posted na act like you're getting something in your glove compartment? Double edged sword yan, what if may baril nakabangga mo? Tutuluyan ka na nyan since naka akma kana din na bubunot ng suklay mo.

No its not self defense...sir

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    for sure parang maamong tuta yan pag lumutang. dapat matapang sya nung namaril dapat tapang rin pag harap. it will easily notice kung owner yung nakasuntuntukan - daming patama ni biker eh.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by i.am.aids View Post
    Lessons learned:

3. Wag magdala ng baril.

I been responsible gun owner for decades sir, carried in my person except pag gun ban, to circumvent this , i also have one licensed in my office so i could still carry there...syempre concealed...it saved me and my wife once...

10. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by kai s. View Post
    1) Re: journalistic principle: VERIFY before you publish. If they weren't 100 percent sure, they shouldn't have posted.

2) Re: naming names: Yes, they name SUSPECTS. Those that are in custody or are at large but have warrants out for their arrest, or are persons of interest in an investigation.

The very neutrally worded caption "So the Hyundai Eon with conduction sticker number MO3746 has been traced to this account: www.facebook.com/nestor.punzalan" very carefully does not mention that he is a suspect or is any way involved. No mention of the incident, in fact. Technically, I can't even accuse them of actually accusing him of anything. But do you think netizens wouldn't connect the dots?

3) Re: difference: Thing is though, that consumers of social media and traditional media are wildly different. Seeing the video footage on your feed, with the freedom to rewatch, pause, zoom and freeze frame has a much more immense impact on an already highly strung audience -- compared with watching the cctv footage in a 2.5 minute report during primetime news by a comparatively relaxed audience.

4) Re: why now: Because the editors of Topgear know their audience. They know what they put into motion by posting that.
    It's all just click bait to Topgear. Kunwari lang na public service. You can't expect journalistic integrity.

Tapatalked

Page 4 of 42 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast