New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2005
    Twas about 330pm this afternoon and I was on a stoplight at Shell Maya across RCBC waiting for it to turn green. A Tamaraw FX was beside me I was just listening to cool music when it happened. A biker just fell on front fender of my SUV and his helmet hit the hood of my cage. Bang, kablag was all that I can hear and he came stumbling down. What happened was that a passenger on the FX taxi just decided to open the door without looking for any approaching traffic. I helped the rider get back to his feet and he was still dazed from what was happening. His bike was I think a wave and it was heavy considering the dead weight that the rider was at that time. Asked him not to move drastically to avoid any further injury and I accosted the FX driver immediately. Made sure that my car blocked his way just to make sure they dont get away with it. Asked the FX driver to turn right along Valero as I knew that there was a traffic enforcer whom I can call to fix this problem. Pushed the rider to the side and another rider actually pushed him towards Valero using his foot peg. Police came and I mediated to make sure that the conditions are met favoring the injured rider. Asked the FX driver to bring the rider to Ospital ng Makati for a check up and when they are done, to go to any MC shop to have the damage assessed. Also, i pointed to the riders pants as having a hole and he needs to be compensated for it as well. His turn lights were damaged, fairings were scratched, additional scratches on the helmet . Left when I realized that everything will be taken cared of and an amicable settlement will be reached.

Oh well, back to my car and checked if there was any damage. Saw that it could still be removed by rubbing compound and did not want to add any further expense of the FX driver. Good to have a Ford, its metal body is really sturdy.

Waived to the rider that I was going ahead and he asked me why I was kinda favoring him, I just said nagmomotor din ako and nakita ko ang nangyari. Nasa lugar ka, ingat na lang.

Hope this can be avoided by us riders who tend to tail FX vehicles especially along Makati. You will never know when there is an idiot passenger who will just open their door unknowingly. Ride safe everyone.
    Last edited by fireblade; August 18th, 2006 at 01:28 PM.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    ....i do know na medyo accountable yung FX driver but what did the idiot passenger do to help?

....good job sir fireblade for being a good samaritan.

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by scarab View Post
    ....i do know na medyo accountable yung FX driver but what did the idiot passenger do to help?

....good job sir fireblade for being a good samaritan.
    He just walked away as if nothing happened. He just pointed to the driver as being the culprit since he let him get off his FX. No problem, there is such as a thing as karma.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Good move sir fireblade. May your tribe increase

lalo kang nagiging fafable sa mga good deeds na ginagawa mo :bike:

saludo ako sayo sir fireblade...

:cheers:

6. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    nice work sir!

parehong fx driver and passenger may kasalanan diyan. the passenger for not looking before opening doors, the driver for not telling the passenger to look first or be careful...

hayyyy.

7. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by nugundam93 View Post
    :
    parehong fx driver and passenger may kasalanan diyan. the passenger for not looking before opening doors, the driver for not telling the passenger to look first or be careful...
    agree ako diyan....
    dapat inform din ng driver ang mga passenger kung safe na bumaba or open ang door.
    at sa mga passenger konti din sana alisto naman ,
    bago man lang sana buksan ang pinto ay sumilip naman sana kung safe ,
    ganon din kung isasara baka may kamay ng isang pasahero nakaipit...arayy
    the best ka talaga sir fireblade ..sana dumami pa kagaya mo na motorista

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    iba ka talaga Sir Fireblade!

saludo me sayo

:cool01:

9. Join Date
    May 2005
    Oh yeah my phone cam served me well as I took a shot of his plate number and actual incident, just in case he will deny his liability

10. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    nice job bos fireblade

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Rider Down and Up!