New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    [SIZE=3]Need advice po.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]My brother was recently involved (illicit) with a girl who was married. My brother too is married with 2 kids. My brother’s wife discovered the affair but they eventually settled their differences. My brother decided to stay away with the other girl for good which angered the other girl.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]But the girl did not want to break up the relationship. She then told her estrange husband about her affair with my brother (just to get back at my brother). Her husband is a known street toughie, a drug addict, and a wife beater (that’s why the girl decided to leave him. They’ve been separated for more than two years already).[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]The husband confronted my brother one night two days ago. But they talked it out and they shook hands after they parted ways.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]The next day at about 5 am, my brother woke up from the sound of the car alarm. When he went to check, he saw the guy (the estranged husband) wrecking the car (parked by the street) by repeatedly using his FX to bump and cause damage to the rear portion. Seated at the Fx was the girl. It was said that she was badly beaten up with blood and bruises all over her body. All the tail lights were broken, the compartment was totally damaged, and the rear windshield was totally damaged. In short, nagwala yung lalake. My brother did not react because he noticed a backup car with guys was just around the corner. Now, my brother does not want to file a case against the husband (because it would only escalate the situation) and he also does not want to have it in the police blotter. My brother fears for his life because the husband issued veiled threats against them. My brother felt remorseful about his past actions and accepted what had happened. Tutal, may kasalanan nga naman siya and he knows how the guy felt. By the way, the car is the car of my mother who does not yet know about the incident. I know you would all react against my brother but I also wanted to know how we can claim damages and how we can protect his family from the husband. TIA.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3] [/SIZE]

2. Join Date
    May 2007
    Lets make this thing straight up. You must report this to the authority if you want to protect the family. If you want the other way around then armed yourselves.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hehe...it looks like a wrecked car is the least of your brother's problems, after an angry husband who will eventually try to come after his person, an ex-lover who might become a domestic violence statistic any day now, and his own wronged wife good times.

i honestly sympathize with the husband (although i would have never raised my hand to my own wife that way), but your brother must take the proper steps to protect himself...next time he and his buddies get drunk they are coming after him.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    That's is one crazy predicament to get stuck in.

Bluff him that you'll file charges and have him arrested. Talk to a lawyer about this also.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    confucius says:

"evil triumphs when good men do nothing"
    Last edited by pitbullz; August 29th, 2008 at 09:02 AM.

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    Uh so this turns out to be ain't really about a wrecked car.

More of a wrecked life.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Practical solutions:

1. End the relationship
    2. Get a new car or claim damages from the insurer, if its insured. The insurance company will go after the party responsible.
    3. Report the matter to the police or file a case against the party responsible in court
    4. Get outta town

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    baket uso ngayon ang married people hooking up with other married people?

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Whew! What a situation to be in... Tell your brother to get his family out of that area for their own safety....

6610:secret:

10. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Pack your bags, withdraw all your savings, get out of town and never come back!

A wrecked car is nothing compared to being a nervous wreck. Imagine having to live your life everyday looking over your shoulder, hoping na hindi mo makita yung sumira sa kotse mo. Kasi, may balak siyang gripuhan ka...tsk tsk
    Last edited by Galactus; August 29th, 2008 at 03:36 PM.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
[renamed] Need advise about Wrecked Car & Extra Marital Love Affair