New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    May 2005
    jmagine what would happen to the philippines? di pa ba nangyayari?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    ^^ just imagine if those who went to the street at EDSA I were besieged by apathy. at least there are some who work to tilt the scale and continue fighting. if you just accept that this is a hopeless nation, you are tacitly recognizing that somehow corruption or irregularity is just a way of life.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ab_initio View Post
    ^^ just imagine if those who went to the street at EDSA I were besieged by apathy. at least there are some who work to tilt the scale and continue fighting. if you just accept that this is a hopeless nation, you are tacitly recognizing that somehow corruption or irregularity is just a way of life.
    Amen!!! \m/

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ab_initio View Post
    although OT, last hirit na lang mga mods.

EDSA I? circumstances were different those days my dear. Then, you can count with your fingers those who put their hands into the nation's coffers. nOwadays, almost everybody in the govt (from top to bottom) do it. and dont tell me it's just media hype. the glaring truth of corruption is clearly displayed and what does the office of the ombudsman have done?

hayyyz, 2010, ang tagal pa!

5. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by claRkEnt View Post
    although OT, last hirit na lang mga mods.

EDSA I? circumstances were different those days my dear. Then, you can count with your fingers those who put their hands into the nation's coffers. nOwadays, almost everybody in the govt (from top to bottom) do it. and dont tell me it's just media hype. the glaring truth of corruption is clearly displayed and what does the office of the ombudsman have done?

hayyyz, 2010, ang tagal pa!
    eh, kung ang issue mo pa rin hanggang ngayon ay corruption...there was corruption pre EdSA I. not only the nation's wealth did he prostitute but the entire system by silencing the Supreme Court and made one SC Justice the umbrella bearer of the first lady. and, yes! there was no Office of the Ombudsman yet at that time...that's why the 1987 Constitution mandated for its creation.

if you have seen it as a social ill that has besieged our nation, would you just allow yourself to be defeated without putting up a good fight? well...i should understand you if you have children to feed. i may not be able to empathize with you coz i have nothing to lose. i'd rather risk my life and die for a cause that i myself consider noble rather than stay in the arena of the shy and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat. the bottom line is...we cant be lukewarm in everything that we do. passion gives life its ultimate meaning....

had martial rule not been aborted, ilan kaya sa mga babae mong kamag anak nilapastangan ngayon ng mga militar? they were just so powerful then. my neighbors would always recall the Martial rule with great terror. now, the press isnt silenced although there are attempts to silence them...kung wala sila, would we have this precious opportunity to lambast the government we perceive as corrupt? think again.

too young here to drift aimlessly. hehehehe

sorry mods, OT na...but at least my initial post has some nexus to the TS's concern.

just my 2 cents.
    Last edited by ab_initio; March 29th, 2009 at 09:35 AM.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Political Science Rule #1

"The hottest place in hell is reserved for those who in times of crisis remain neutral."

-Dante

We can either let bad or good things happen. We're better off in a dictatorship when democracy is composed of those who don't care or are stupid enough not to.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>

Minsan dito sa amin merong military truck naglilipat-bahay. Meron naman akong narinig na ipagbabawal pumasok sa mga parking area ng mall ang mga red plate vehicles.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by claRkEnt View Post
    ombudsman? you still believe in that office?

Sir efficient ang ombudsman pag small fry lang lol.

and besides, pag na reklamo iyung vehicle driver na iyun at na summon, i am sure kahit papaano magbabago na driving habit kung sino mang mokong iyun.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    ^^we just can't be a nation of fence sitters and skeptics.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
ranting: gov't. red plate hilander