Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    guys, lets support this campaign,

[SIZE=4]Signature drive launched vs pay parking order[/SIZE]
    Julie M. Aurelio
    Philippine Daily Inquirer

August 03, 2009

MANILA, Philippines -- A multi-sectoral group against a proposed street pay parking ordinance in Quezon City will be launching a signature campaign to press for the withdrawal of the proposed measure filed by city councilor Bong Suntay.
    The Koalisyon Laban sa Pay Parking sa Quezon City on Monday said it was not targeting a specific target number of signatures for the petition to ask for the withdrawal of proposed ordinance 2009-04.
    The ordinance aims to impose parking fees ranging from P20 to P150 on vehicles parked along streets near “places of special interest” such as malls, churches, schools, commercial establishments, government offices, etc.
    KLAPP-QC lead convenor Edwin Rodriguez earlier assailed the ordinance as ill-advised and ill-timed, claiming it would be another burden on motorists already paying high fuel prices.
    He did not give any specific number on how many signatures they were working to gather, but said it could be “tens or hundreds of thousands, which are enough to pressure for the unilateral, unconditional, and immediate withdrawal of the proposed ordinance.”

©2009 www.inquirer.net all rights reserved

2. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by number001 View Post
    I just parked along T.Morato exactly last week, in front of a bank (the name escapes me) across Mang Inasal. No charge nor parking attendant at that time, yet.

I just hate this whole parking charges and to make things worse, these parking attendants are very corrupt and will just pocket some of the fees, if not all. Just look at Manila under Lim. I noticed since he (Lim) stepped in (I don't recall in Atienza's watch), there are parking attendants starting to charge here and there.

Two incidents happened to us. Both times while in Chinatown. After crossing Jones Bridge, we parked in front of Savory Chicken and A&S Lamps bec. we needed to go to A&S. After less than five mins, we came out and ready to leave. The Manila parking attendant insists that we pay P40.00 for parking those few minutes. He even offered P30 "kung walang resibo". A similar incident in T. Alonzo St.

If they want to collect parking fees then they should just use automated parking meters. Because what they are getting is just a sliver of what is really being collected.

actually the pay parking in manila started with atienza. when Lim came back as mayor, the tickets were changed and even the collectors were changed or maybe re assigned.

sa quiapo store namin so we have been paying to park in front of our store for the past few years na din. whole day parking fee of 100 with ticket, plus yung collector na nag sasabi sa mga vendors na bawal sa harap namin mag pwesto.

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    Ok lang sana magbayad ng kung ano ano bastat nakikita ko kung saan napupunta, alangya yung lubak sa kanto ng street namin 10 years na ata andun parin...tapos eto nanaman dagdag gastos uli...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    If they want to collect a 40 Php parking fee, which is comparable to a mall's indoor parking fee, they'd have to match at least the better (not perfect though) security and weather protection that these indoor parking buildings provide.

Considering that the weather protection point is impossible, army snipers stationed atop building to shoot carnappers and thieves on-the-spot would do.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    kasalanan din naman kasi ng majority ng mga business establishments yan e. Wala silang allocation for ample parking spaces. In the first place bawal naman talaga dapat and street parking e.

So why complain if the govt decides to levy fees to allow street parking?

I am sure mag complain din sila pag totally binawal ang street parking.

Although I agree posible talagang maging "corrupt" ang implementation niyan, pero I don't see anything wrong with the govt trying to levy fees. Paano kung instead of levying fees eh totally i-ban na lang ang parking? Hindi ba mas maraming maapektuhan nun?

6. Join Date
    May 2008
    Kawawa naman kami sa katipunan pag natuloy yan. Almost all the parking spaces are along the highway.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    dapat ituloy yan, grabe naman na talaga ang double parking sa Morato eh...

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    [SIZE=5]B S ![/SIZE]

9. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    wala rin kwenta to kung gusto ng tao magpark at may pambayad,
    ganun din resulta naging legal lang yung pagpapark.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Sriver View Post
    wala rin kwenta to kung gusto ng tao magpark at may pambayad,
    ganun din resulta naging legal lang yung pagpapark.
    I agree with you Sriver.
    And dapat ipatupad nila yung Ordinance na No Parking na talaga sa mga public places para maayos ang traffic ng bansang ito.
    Yung mga pvt establishment, mag-provide sila ng Valet parking.

Dito kc sa bansa natin, pinaiiral ang PERA, palakasan, padrino, etc.

Mga lawmaker, maawa naman kayo sa mga pilipinong nagbabayad ng pagkalaki-laki tax.. na wala namang nakikitang pagbabago..

Ayusin nyo naman ang mga ordinance na ipapatupad nyo.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Q.C. Pay Parking Ordinance; Are You In Favor?