New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Is there a government agency regulating the condition/rideability of public transport? It seems like majority of taxicabs don't have properly functional air conditioning. Some of them you can hear the suspension clunking and rattling. I rode in one yesterday that smelled like rotten fish and the a/c was inoperative. The drivers who "rent" these cars on "boundary"sic, have no choice in their working conditions as well as the comfort of the paying passengers. How embarrassing is this to our visitors. It's more fun in the Philippines 'ika nga.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jick.cejoco View Post
    Is there a government agency regulating the condition/rideability of public transport? It seems like majority of taxicabs don't have properly functional air conditioning. Some of them you can hear the suspension clunking and rattling. I rode in one yesterday that smelled like rotten fish and the a/c was inoperative. The drivers who "rent" these cars on "boundary"sic, have no choice in their working conditions as well as the comfort of the paying passengers. How embarrassing is this to our visitors. It's more fun in the Philippines 'ika nga.
    it should be the LTFRB (Land Transportation Regulatory Board). pero obviously, they're not doing their jobs.

What is LTFRB? Land Transportation Franchising and Regulatory Board '-' LTO Portal PH

3. Join Date
    Jul 2013

4. Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Quote Originally Posted by jick.cejoco View Post
    Eh papaano, ginagawang "bump car" ng mga driver who couldn't care less about their vehicles.

Wala pa akong nakitang taxi na matino, in slightly better condition pa yung mga vehicles ng Grab (lalo na if owner operated).

5. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    ang mga tricycle drivers/operators ba under sa ltfrb? grabe sila maningil sa mga turista sa mga tourist spots. mas mahal ng di hamak sa mga jeepneys.

buti na lang na-uso iyong mga rental ng mga motorcycles kaya kahit pa paano may way out sa unscrupulous trike drivers.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by baludoy View Post
    ang mga tricycle drivers/operators ba under sa ltfrb? grabe sila maningil sa mga turista sa mga tourist spots. mas mahal ng di hamak sa mga jeepneys.

buti na lang na-uso iyong mga rental ng mga motorcycles kaya kahit pa paano may way out sa unscrupulous trike drivers.
    i think tricycles are effectively under LGU.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i think tricycles are effectively under LGU.

Napansin ko lang na paliit nang paliit ang mga cabs ng trike. They also get lower and lower to the ground.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Verbl Kint View Post
    Napansin ko lang na paliit nang paliit ang mga cabs ng trike. They also get lower and lower to the ground.
    i remember reading,
    those lowered tricycle sidecars were initially designed for competition purposes, i.e., "racing".
    how they came to be used for general patronage, i do not understand.
    mas gusto ko na tuloy yung new-generation na tricycle. matangkad, kumportable, at madaling pumasok at lumabas.