New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: Which car do you most often see speeding on the expressway?

Voters
123. You may not vote on this poll
  • Econo cars (Jazz, City...)

11 8.94%
  • Midsize cars (Lancer, Mazda 3...)

22 17.89%
  • Executive saloons (Camry, Accord...)

12 9.76%
  • Sports cars (S2000, Lancer Evo, Impreza...)

21 17.07%
  • SUVs (Fortuner, Pajero...)

47 38.21%
  • Luxury Cars / SUVs (S-class, Range Rover...)

11 8.94%
  • Trucks and Buses (expressway, so PUJs prolly dont apply)

61 49.59%
  • MPV / AUV (Revo, Crosswind...)

14 11.38%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    I think trucks and buses are more dangerous on the expressway.

Once I was driving on coastal expressway .It was 1am at that time, 2 trucks were ravaging from my rear..They were probably speeding up to 120 kph.. they almost crashed into me after cutting infront of me. close call.. whew!

2. Join Date
    May 2004

Sana ganito kalalaki mga speed sign sa mga expressway natin para maiwasan yung pagiging ignorante nong ibang driver sa speed limit ng bawat lanes.

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    Uyy...bus horn. Where did u buy??
    Pwede kaya yan sa kotse???

4. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    dangerous cars on the expressway??

*motorist who overtake using the shoulder lane.
    *motorist who cruise on the passing lane and dont give way to faster vehicles. maski na anung bunisa, flasher hinde tatabi.
    *motorist who doesnt know how to use the signal light. yung ibang mga kotse na ito kabago bago, nanghihinayan ba sila sa mga ilaw nila??

bottomline pa rin>>>>>

DISIPLINA LANG sana sa daan.

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by istan View Post
    Uyy...bus horn. Where did u buy??
    Pwede kaya yan sa kotse???
    well i had to install a air tank under my starex and had to install an air compressor to fill the tank.. i used to have a nautilus air horn but i thought it wasnt loud enough,, so thats why i installed the air horn of a bus on my starex..

6. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Buses and overspeeding PUVs are already given. Add to that, mga nangangarera at insecure drivers who don't want to be overtaken.

Minsan nakasabay ko sa SLEX isang late model Hyundai Coupe. The young driver was attempting to overtake on the left lane but I was near it and was approaching at around 130km/h. Sobrang alanganin yung Coupe so I flashed my high beams. When I passed him, I continued on the fast lane since there were a bunch of slow cars on the right, and he tailed me. He cut me at one point intentionally (pinilit niya sarili niya makapasok so I stepped on the brakes) and there, he start zooming his way fast, letting me see he's one of the cast of Fast and the Furious. I think he is flooring the gas pedal since white smoke is constantly emitted on the Coupe's muffler. For around 5 minutes, I was just behind his back, and when slow cars showed up on the left lane, parang ahas na siya, overtaking here and there and along the shoulder. His crazy driving continued and when he overtook again along the shoulder, he didn't see that there was a stalled truck. Next was a loud screeeeech and burning rubber. Kamuntik na talaga lumusot sa ilalim ng truck yung Coupe but luckily, the young driver was able to stop. Arangkada siya ulit sabay mura and bad finger sa stalled truck. Didn't see him again after that.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    For me, it is not which type of car that we use that will cause danger or accident to our co drivers but it is the one behind the wheels, kahit na ganu kabulok pa ung truck or bus na dindrive mo sa expressway if walang discipline ang driver siguradong accidente naman ang katapat nun regardless kung ganu ka kainggat

8. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by kpy555 View Post
    Buses and overspeeding PUVs are already given. Add to that, mga nangangarera at insecure drivers who don't want to be overtaken.

Minsan nakasabay ko sa SLEX isang late model Hyundai Coupe. The young driver was attempting to overtake on the left lane but I was near it and was approaching at around 130km/h. Sobrang alanganin yung Coupe so I flashed my high beams. When I passed him, I continued on the fast lane since there were a bunch of slow cars on the right, and he tailed me. He cut me at one point intentionally (pinilit niya sarili niya makapasok so I stepped on the brakes) and there, he start zooming his way fast, letting me see he's one of the cast of Fast and the Furious. I think he is flooring the gas pedal since white smoke is constantly emitted on the Coupe's muffler. For around 5 minutes, I was just behind his back, and when slow cars showed up on the left lane, parang ahas na siya, overtaking here and there and along the shoulder. His crazy driving continued and when he overtook again along the shoulder, he didn't see that there was a stalled truck. Next was a loud screeeeech and burning rubber. Kamuntik na talaga lumusot sa ilalim ng truck yung Coupe but luckily, the young driver was able to stop. Arangkada siya ulit sabay mura and bad finger sa stalled truck. Didn't see him again after that.
    Driving on any road - highway or city streets - is all about cooperation and keeping the situation safe for everybody. Obviously that person in the Hyundai Coupe wasn't after the welfare of everybody but just himself. I guess the trauma and shock was enough of a lesson for him not to pass on the right.

It's when somebody does not want to cooperate that things go wrong and accidents occur. Those people can drive different cars, and it's true, it's the driver - not the vehicle - that makes it unsafe. Of course it must be stated that cars not roadworthy also add to the danger on the highway.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    i use the NLEX 5 days a week and i am most pissed by those cars cruising below 80 on the fast lane. whatever horn or flash you give them they will just cruise there leisurely. assholes if you'll ask me.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by pinoybigbrother View Post
    i use the NLEX 5 days a week and i am most pissed by those cars cruising below 80 on the fast lane. whatever horn or flash you give them they will just cruise there leisurely. assholes if you'll ask me.
    I agree, it's not just speed that makes the road unsafe, it's the speed differential between fast and slow cars. It's one of the reasons I believe the minimum speed limit ought to be implemented just as vigorously as the maximum speed limit.

I understand this is also one of the reasons why they aren't able to raise the upper speed limit. Raising it to 120kph would probably require raising the minimum speed to a truck and beater-unfriendly 80kph.

Poll: Dangerous cars on the Expressway