New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: Which car do you most often see speeding on the expressway?

Voters
123. You may not vote on this poll
  • Econo cars (Jazz, City...)

11 8.94%
  • Midsize cars (Lancer, Mazda 3...)

22 17.89%
  • Executive saloons (Camry, Accord...)

12 9.76%
  • Sports cars (S2000, Lancer Evo, Impreza...)

21 17.07%
  • SUVs (Fortuner, Pajero...)

47 38.21%
  • Luxury Cars / SUVs (S-class, Range Rover...)

11 8.94%
  • Trucks and Buses (expressway, so PUJs prolly dont apply)

61 49.59%
  • MPV / AUV (Revo, Crosswind...)

14 11.38%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Just a bit of a count here..
    Which cars do you often notice driving along recklessly on the expressways (you can vote more than once)?

2. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Personally, it's the econocars I often see speeding. I'm guessing it must be the CVT on the Jazz and City. Those things have a way of droning along, making it seem as if you're driving slower than you actually are.

On the SLEX from alabang to makati, I often find myself cruising along at 95-100 on the middle lane, and I get at least 5-6 Cities or Jazz overtaking me. :D

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Define first what's dangerous...

Does driving 140kph but still using your signal lamps & executes smooth lane changes dangerous?

Does driving 100kph but doesn't use signal lamps, tailgates & swerves between lanes dangerous?

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Kamiya View Post
    Just a bit of a count here..
    Which cars do you often notice driving along recklessly on the expressways (you can vote more than once)?
    Those most often driven by teens and young adults......

Stis, Evos, V8 ponycars, modded Hondas, DSMs, Mazdas

Most of the more expensive fast cars (Ferrari's Corvettes, Vipers, etc), are beyond their price range.

I take reckless to mean weaving through heavy traffic, overtaking along shoulders, passenger's bare foot sticking out the window. Kinda reminds me that one night we were driving through Phoenix at 2am on a Saturday. 4 cars pulled up beside us, to the front, and to the rear of my Sonata. All had exactly the same window down (front passenger side) and all were at full capacity. Must be a bunch of gangbangers. They looked us over for a minute and then sped on, weaving along all 4 lanes.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; May 30th, 2007 at 04:59 PM.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    For me iba't iba eh.May Jazz at City.Meron ding mga EVOs and Civics.Altis and other old corollas.
    So far nakita ko pa lang nagdrive recklessly na exotic car ay Porsche eh.Meron din luxury vehicle tulad nung nakasabay ko na BMW na 3 series na luma sa NLEX.Talagang matitinding cut ang ginawa niya.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    i dont think that it is the car per se but the man behind the wheel. I had some encounters inside nlex and i can recall a strada that swerved from the fast lane to shell gas station so fast without doing any signals and a dressed up honda civic who swerves left and right without signaling and looking at side mirrors.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    While there are quite a few reckless econo-car and SUV/Pickup drivers around, the most dangerous drivers here in the Philippines on the expressways are Truck and Bus drivers.

PUJs can actually get on the SLEX and Star, but the low power output of their engines and heavy loads mean that they're usually driving slowly and sedately. Buses, however, weave in and out of traffic like manic racecar drivers.... tails swinging back and forth like demented, oversized Porsches. (Bwisit pa yung pagbuwelo nila... mala Scandinavian-flick pa... swerve a bit to the right, the guy to your left brakes to avoid the swinging tail, then charge left... ).

A solitary car going at 140 km/h? I can put up with that.

Half a dozen buses charging along and weaving back and forth at 100-120? F***!

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    From driving in the NLEX everday, I just can't categorize them into one bunch... some of the most reckless vehicles that I've seen:

- A San Miguel L200 weaving between lanes - came within inches of clipping another vehicle when he changed lanes.

- A mini-bus going to SJDM swerving like there's tomorrow, from the looks of it the bus is close to toppling over.

- A Revo the other day who's trying to race me (after I overtook him using the slow lane) - swerving between lanes trying to get ahead of me when traffic became heavy.

- A PUV Crosswind who's also swerving before the Balintawak tollgate northbound. Caught up with him just running below 100kph after the tollgate.

- Any jeepney or truck doing 120kph (seriously, do you think that they can stop on time during an emergency).

9. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    All cars flying the expressway..

10. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Cars with bald tires.
    Overloaded cars.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
Poll: Dangerous cars on the Expressway