New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: Which car do you most often see speeding on the expressway?

Voters
123. You may not vote on this poll
  • Econo cars (Jazz, City...)

11 8.94%
  • Midsize cars (Lancer, Mazda 3...)

22 17.89%
  • Executive saloons (Camry, Accord...)

12 9.76%
  • Sports cars (S2000, Lancer Evo, Impreza...)

21 17.07%
  • SUVs (Fortuner, Pajero...)

47 38.21%
  • Luxury Cars / SUVs (S-class, Range Rover...)

11 8.94%
  • Trucks and Buses (expressway, so PUJs prolly dont apply)

61 49.59%
  • MPV / AUV (Revo, Crosswind...)

14 11.38%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Most of the time I see SUV's driving dangerously, occasionally, I see compact cars, but I rarely see sub-compacts driving dangerously.

To clarify what 'dangerous' is to me, dangerous is driving above the speed limit; driving below the minimum speed; rushing past cruising cars by punching the accelerator braking hard in the last minute, then 'diving' into or cutting into another lane. Tailgating; driving on the hard shoulder; and riding (and hogging) the passing lane.

Trucks (especially those ubiquitous L300 closed vans) and Buses are the usual suspects IMO.

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    Kahit anong modelo basta dilapidated delikado.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by nicolodeon View Post
    IMO, it is not the car that is dangerous - it is the driver behind the wheel. As I've said so many times here in this community: the car is just a tool and as with all tools, it is ony as safe as the person who is using the tool.

One may be driving a dilapitated PUJ on the expressway buyt strictly adheres to rules and exsiting laws - and knows the limitations of his vehicle, IMO that driver is less dangerous that a teenager or speed junkie driving a Merc whos snaking and tail-gating all the way, making the road unsafe for fellow motorists.
    Very true

Do you think trucks and buses would be a danger if their
    running at max speed limit but stick to their proper lane with caution? It's
    those overspeeding drivers behind are the one creating dangers to the vehicles
    up front.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by oliver1013 View Post
    Kahit anong modelo basta dilapidated delikado.
    agree on this one.

especially mga ogags na driver ng owner-type jeep going under 60kph na nagbabad sa overtaking lane ng sshway at 7am ... a$shole$! muntik na ako maaksidente today because of this jerk

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    It's not really the car, but the driver. If the car is dilapidated, the driver should know it's not fit to be driven around.

*Drivers who doesn't know jack about driving ethics and standards like those who doesn't even know what a flash means.

*Those that lack common sense.

*Slow vehicles hugging the passing lane. These people waste a lot of time, money, fuel and business. If you are driving slow, stick to the slow lane!

*Psychos overtaking on the shoulder.

*Assh*les who doesn't know what the side mirror and turn signals are for.

*Like I've said, speeding is not bad per se. It's bad if you're not in the proper lane no matter what the speed.

*What some don't understand is that people use expressways to get to their destination faster. They didn't pay hundreds of bucks just to arrive at the same time had they used a much longer route.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    hmmm... wala sa choices pero pansin ko mejo mabilis magpatakbo ang mga CRV drivers..

kahit sa village.. parang galit sa akin pag nag memenor ako sa humps..

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by nicolodeon View Post
    IMO, it is not the car that is dangerous - it is the driver behind the wheel. As I've said so many times here in this community: the car is just a tool and as with all tools, it is ony as safe as the person who is using the tool.

One may be driving a dilapitated PUJ on the expressway buyt strictly adheres to rules and exsiting laws - and knows the limitations of his vehicle, IMO that driver is less dangerous that a teenager or speed junkie driving a Merc whos snaking and tail-gating all the way, making the road unsafe for fellow motorists.
    Completely agree.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    There is really no dangerous cars around our Expressways, its the manner by which these drivers drive their rides....A ride becomes dangerous kapag nakikita kong walang tail lights, or not working brake lights, or yung tail lights ay kulay white din, or walang plate lights.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    usually the dangerous ones are yun nagmamadali. haste makes waste as in wasted life

10. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    yeah but ironically, it's the slow ones who always get entangled with accidents. Funny isn't it?

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Poll: Dangerous cars on the Expressway