New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Hello po fellow tsikoteers, di ko alam kung sa saang thread ko ito dapat i-post,

Nangyari po ito sa 3 kong kaibigan, someone (a 3rd party of the scam) offered them if they want their cars to be rented by a hotel (Astoria ang ginamit na hotel), for 1 month 70k. Puro foreigner guest lang ang gagamit around Metro Manila and maybe as far south as batangas.

Kompleto po ang papers , may kontrata pang pirmado ng lawyer nila. Ang offer kung gusto try muna ng 10 days at bibigyan ng 20k, then if ok, extend na lang ang kontrata to 1 month.

Bago kunin ang sasakyan, check up muna nila ODO reading, kung may dents, etc, lahat noted sa kontrata para pag soli daw, alam kung alin ang nasira sa kanila, at ang dati nang diperensya. W/in the month na nasa kanila ang sasakyan, sagot nila lahat ng maintenance at kung ano ano pa ang mangyayari sa sasakyan nyo.

Very tempting po di ba? Ano ang nangyari sa mga sumubok? after 10 days nakita pa nila yung mga sasakyan nila (sportivo, fortuner, nissan urvan, grandia) , nag renew sila to 1 month..

Nawawala na po sasakyan nila ngayon, nawawala na rin yung tao na kausap nila, ang sabi nung 3rd party, pati nga kotse nila nawawala na rin.

Nakapag sampa na ng demanda sa mga kasangkot, ang masakit, di pa rin nakikita ang mastermind at nawawala pa rin ang mga kotse, (if im not mistaken , kulang sampung units yun)

So mga kababayan, beware, di mo aasahan ang scam, ingats lagi, sabi nga sa isang palabas sa tv dito sa UK, if its too good to be true, then it ain't.

Munting babala lang po, drive safely and take care of yourselves and your rides.....

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    This is more of a cautionary tale of GREED for the car owner than about the scam.

Car owner tempted by easy money simply by renting out his car at "zero-risk".

P70K/month = P840,000 annually

If a car rental company can really make over P800K annually, they would be buying their own fleet of cars, duh!

3. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    sir .

how about po yun mg orig OR/CR nasa kanino po yun during the contract duration?nasa owner o nasa tao na in charge daw ng car rental ?

and me insurance po naman siguro yun di ba?ano po matutulong nga insurance sa ganitong case?pwede ba maclaim as theft to?

4. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    This is more of a cautionary tale of GREED for the car owner than about the scam.

Car owner tempted by easy money simply by renting out his car at "zero-risk".

P70K/month = P840,000 annually

If a car rental company can really make over P800K annually, they would be buying their own fleet of cars, duh!
    I think , GREED is a strong word, people got con due to tempting promises and opportunities, specially us filipinos, who inspite of whats going on around us, trust each other. Di ko po masabing GAHAMAN ang mga kakilala ko kasi matagal ko nang mga kasama, they are just conned ...

Anyway sir GH , i respect your remark bout this topic, im just trying to caution some who MIGHT be offered something like this in the future..

5. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    alam ko meron nakalagay sa insurance na pag ginawang rental ang kotse di nila sasagutin ang claims, same as pag napatunayang ipinangarera.

meron na nangyari na tv pa sa imbestigador. alam ko meron din dito sa tsikot sta fe ata or tucson.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by igme28694 View Post
    I think , GREED is a strong word, people got con due to tempting promises and opportunities, specially us filipinos, who inspite of whats going on around us, trust each other. Di ko po masabing GAHAMAN ang mga kakilala ko kasi matagal ko nang mga kasama, they are just conned ...

Anyway sir GH , i respect your remark bout this topic, im just trying to caution some who MIGHT be offered something like this in the future..

Calling it by other names doesn't change the fact that GREED (aka easy money) was the motivating factor (aka bait).

What else would you want to call it? You can't have your cake and eat it at the same time. Once you have eaten your cake, you don't have any more cake. In the case of those who were "scammed", they were trying to have their "cake" and eat it too.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Something is amiss here. The insurance company of your friend would ask the cynical question "WTF were you thinking?" because they essentially handed the car over to people under false pretenses. It isn't exactly theft as it is fraud.

Insurance companies do not cover for fraud.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    I agree with sir GH. The owner should have thought of releasing one car first instead of all their cars at the same time. They should have asked for a second opinion from a different lawyer too. Oh greed. Anyway, thanks for the heads-up TS.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    thanks TS for the head up.....

me kasabihan, naghangad ng kagitna, isang salop ang nawala...

Greed nga yan....

10. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Luma na yan, report mo nalang sa ANCAR

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Warning: Car Rental Scam