New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kung police siya he should have shown his badge not his gun. i treat a motorcycle as if it is another car on the road. ayaw kong dikitan sila pero madalas sila cut ng cut sa lane natin.

2. FrankDrebin Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by geode
    there was heavy traffice along quirino hiway (novalicches) when i heard ung bike nag nagwawangwang. dumaan sa gilid ko then stopped sa front ko (a little to the left). since there was space sa right side nya i drove my car sa right nya. nagulat ata, nawala ng balance and almost toppled over. nagalit ung mama drove up to my rear door (left side) and tapped my roof. indi ko pinansin. nung medyo lumuwag he drove right beside my window and tapped the window. i motioned with my hands na there was space sa right nya then looked in front ule. from the corner of my eye tinaas nya ung shirt nya sa right side and showed me that he was carrying a pistol underneath. indi ko pinansin and nagshortcut nalang ko kasi i was already running late that time.

i did get his plate number (YI 9931 on a Honda bike ... dont know exact model). was searching thru my address book to report it pero wala eh kaya dito ko nalang post ung events.
    IMO, kung ako rin yung Rider eh papaluin ko rin yung kotse mo.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    relax lang bro sa pagda-drive, buti nga at nasa gitna yung rider e. mas mahirap yan kung sa gilid mo sya. at least di ba, pag nasa gitna siya, you have an estimate of proximity kung tatamaan mo o hindi.

ako nga minsan kahit sa bisikleta lang pag nambabastos yung mga motorista, naiinis din ako. kahit sino naman siguro eh.

as for the gun toting rider, sure, wala nga naman sa lugar yung mag-wangwang just because its traffic. but you are stepping off the line (if you happened to be a police officer) when you are showing off your gun just because you have it in your possession.

basta ingat na lang next time. and remember no journey is urgent enough to compromise your safety.

4. FrankDrebin Guest
    Hehehe. Baka ma misinterpret yung post ko. Sans the wang-wang and guns yun ah. :D

5. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    from a bike rider and a car driver: i felt very happy when i read this thread and saw that most of you guys treat the bike like a car PROVIDED he sticks to the middle of the lane. i have always thought that if bike riders want respect from car drivers, they should ride like they were driving cars, in a manner of speaking, and not weave too much like crazy, which is dangerous. (unfortunately, a lot of riders are crazy weavers, i'll admit that much).

i think the ridng community has been struggling for that kind of respect, and i feel very happy that somehow, there is some sort of success there.

on the other hand, it could be just plain common sense and intelligent driving from you guys.

which ever it is, KUDOS to you all!!

PS: that pistol packer is really a "packer!" walking away is always good. he will have his day.
    Last edited by morrissey_05; April 10th, 2006 at 02:56 PM.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I can't pass judgement unless I see how close the guy was...

As an automobile driver, though... I find it irritating that motorbike riders will pass between cars and take up position in front of you when you are the first at the stoplight. Sure, it's safer if they're in the middle of the lane (I agree), but it's irritating for them to take your lane when you're first... isn't it?

Why not, get in the middle of the lane, get in line with the cars, and wait your turn at the stoplight like everyone else?

As a disclaimer, though, I always give way to riders who need to pass between cars in heavy traffic. I even pull off to one side whenver I see a bike rider threading through the cars behind me in my mirrors, just so there's more clearance on the side he's going to pass. But once things are moving at a clip, it's in the rider's best interests, IMHO, to get in line... it's very hard to predict what the motorist you're threading around is going to do.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    if he is gun-totting and is becoming aggressive, your car is your greatest weapon. wag mo na pabayaan tutukan ka pa, patumbahin mo kagad yun motor niya. the gun will be there in the pavement pa din naman as evidence of self-defense.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by niky
    As an automobile driver, though... I find it irritating that motorbike riders will pass between cars and take up position in front of you when you are the first at the stoplight. Sure, it's safer if they're in the middle of the lane (I agree), but it's irritating for them to take your lane when you're first... isn't it?
    tapos ambabagal pa nila. kainis.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    daming maluwang ang turnilyo ngayon... diba may nabasa ako sa isang thread pag may dala ay baka maliit ang....

pisi :D

10. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    I prefer motorcycle drivers to be in the middle of the lane at least their blocking just one lane, and asar ako e dun sa mga nasa lane mismo bumabaybay and he's blocking both the left and right lanes. Di naman sila kasing nipis nung pintura ng lane nuh! bobo. Dami sa Edsa ganyan.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
pistol packing motorbike rider ...