New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2006
    Crimes of the Times indeed. Thanks for the info!

Pero kung sakin to gagawin, I'll tell them na, sige smell ko yan basta you smell my kili-kili too :naughty2:

Tignan natin kung hindi sila ang pa-pass out! :faint:

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Pag may nang-aalok, huwag na lang pansinin. Hayaan nyo na lang, para iwas disgrasya. Kung bibili ng murang perfumes (imitation), marami sa mga shopping malls at hwag patulan yung mga alok ng mga taong di kilala.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Urban legend na naman 'to. This is the same as quoted below dated 2004 pa. Binago na lang yung pangalan at location. Google nyo lang "perfume ether".

Anyway, ingat na rin.

Hi all- Thought this was worthy of passing along. This was sent to my wife, by a close friend, the last comments are from her.

This is something that happened to Ryan and me on the way back from Texas last spring. I didn't think much of it until now. The reason we were a little suspicious is we had been riding in a jeep all day with 100 degree temps and we stopped at a truck stop for something to drink. When I was leaving a young girl followed me out and asked what kind of cologne I was wearing . Well, after 7 hours in the car sweating. I don't think you could tell I was or was not wearing any cologne. We just got in the jeep and said no thanks. So this does happen.

To all my female friends- It was about 3 weeks ago, I was at the Shell station in Auburn getting gas. It was about 11:30pm. I was approached by 2 men and 2 women in a car. The man that was driving asked me 'What kind of perfume do you wear?' I was a bit confused and I asked him 'Why?' He said 'We are selling some name brand perfumes, at cheap prices.' I said I had no money. He then reached out of the car and handed me paper that was laminated, it had many perfumes on it. I looked quickly at it and gave it back. I said, I have no money. He said it is OK, we take check, cash, or credit cards. Then the people in the car began to laugh. I just got in my car and said no thanks. Then I received this e-mail yesterday, and it sent chills up my spine. Please read this It is not joke.

Here is the e-mail I was sent-

Dear Friends,

I know not all of you are women that I am sending this to, but am hoping you will share this with your wives, daughters, mother, sisters, etc.

Our world seems to be getting crazier by the day. Pipe bombs in mailboxes and sickos in parking lots with perfume. Be careful. I was approached yesterday afternoon around 3:30 pm in the Wal-Mart parking lot at University Drive in Des Moines, by two males asking what kind of perfume I was wearing. Then they asked if I'd like to sample some fabulous scent they were willing to sell me at a very reasonable rate. I probably would have agreed had I not received an email some weeks ago warning of a 'Wanna smell this neat perfume?' scam. The men continued to stand between parked cars, I guess to wait for someone else to hit on. I stopped a lady going towards them, pointing at them, and told her about how I was sent a e-mail at work, about someone walking up to you at the malls or in parking lots, and asking you to SNIFF PERFUME that they are selling at a cheap price. THIS IS NOT PERFUME...IT IS ETHER! When you sniff it, you'll pass out. And they'll take your wallet, your valuables, and heaven knows what else. If it were not for this e-mail, I probably would have sniffed the 'perfume.' But thanks to the generosity of an e-mailing friend, I was spared whatever might have happened to me. I wanted to do the same for you.

PLEASE PASS THIS ALONG TO ALL YOUR FRIENDS, AND PLEASE BE ALERT, AND BE AWARE. IF YOU ARE A MAN AND RECEIVE THIS, PASS IT ON TO YOUR WOMEN FRIENDS AND FAMILY!

Ladies this happened to me yesterday and I didn't smell the perfume either, thanks to this email. This is true. Believe me, I know. I was over by Big Lots in the parking lot at lunch time when I was approached. So either day or night, it does not matter. There were 3 guys together when I was approached. I called the police when I got back to my desk. Like the e-mail says above, LET EVERYONE KNOW ABOUT THIS. YOUR FRIENDS, FAMILY, COWORKERS, whoever. It helped me. The first things that popped in my head was this e-mail warning.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Thanks for sharing....

It is better to be warned and be prepared in this day and age....

4000:play_ball:

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i immediately thought it was a hoax. doesn't ether have a strong unpleasant smell? and wouldn't it evaporate if someone kept it on a piece of cardboard all day?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    thanks for heads up, but who will buy perfumes from strangers and ungodly hour at that....???

7. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by M54 Powered View Post
    i immediately thought it was a hoax. doesn't ether have a strong unpleasant smell? and wouldn't it evaporate if someone kept it on a piece of cardboard all day?
    correct.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    true or not it serve as a good warning to all of us .. its better to know than to be duped by this people

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    mas mag-ingat sa mga carjackers. magpapasko na, dami na naman nagkakalat dyan ngayon

10. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    whether an urban legend or not, we should always be careful.. avoid talking to strangers.. hindi ba yan ang pangaral natin sa mga kids.. buti na lang may pagkamasungit ako sa mga hindi ko kilala tapos may itatanong or i-offer na kung ano man.. kakatakot kasi now a days, hindi mo masabi if they really mean no harm.. nasa huli ang pagsisisi.. what if masaktuhan ka, eh di wala ka ng magagawa kundi umiyak na lang ang regret what you did..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Perfumes in Public Places