New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Nakita ko din itong montero na ito. I tought its another sudden unintended acceleration nanaman . Yun pala lasing amputsa. Malas lang ng waiter. Sa sidewalk na nga lumakad inabutan pa!

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by HondaWay View Post
    kapag tumawid ka sa illegal ng tawiran sa singapore at makitang walang negligence sa driver side walang matatanggap ang nabundol kahit katiting.
    Aba'y dapat. May naka lagay na nga na sign na "BAWAL TUMAWID DITO - NAKAKAMATAY" ... may tumatawid pa rin!

3. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    An accident is an accident. We don't have to treat it like a life-time sentence for punishment. Doing so is like giving every tom dick and harry out there a free meal ticket. These would include pedestrians, cyclists, motorcycle riders, tricycle riders, etc. In the end, where do you draw the line?

Emotions and morals aside, given if you have the choice of supporting a handicapped person for the rest of his natural life (while being in jail, etc) versus paying for the funeral and some monetary reparations to the grieving family, many people might go with the second choice.

My opinions may not be popular with you and other people but deciding while emotionally attached to the issue is never the best.

kung accidente lang reckless imprudence resulting to slight or serious physical injuries lang.... kung nasagi lang then inatrasan pa ng driver ibang usapan na yan.... MURDER na po yan.... LIFE IMPRISONMENT na talaga dapat ang mga yan... Iba ang sinasadya iba din ang hindi sinasadya.... iba din kung pre meditated.... pag nasagasaan patayin nalang at mas mura ang mag palibing
    kesa mag pagamot.... if thats the thinking pwedeng pwede na pong pumasok sa murder kung namatay...

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    imo, dapat makulong yung driver na yan. di mapapalitan ng pera niya yung paa and mga ngipin na nawala sa kanya... e yung support pa sa pamilya nya? maiintindihan ko pa kung nagkaroon ng problema yung kotse like nawalan ng brake o hindi nya nakita yung tao dahil sa weather condition.. kaya lang lasing siya e. tapos yung binangga nya pa e nasa sidewalk... sana talaga makulong yang og*g na dirver na yan...

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Just commenting. Attitudes like this ......... and we wonder why bus companies prefer to make sure any pedestrians they have an accident with should be dead on the spot.
    Which is why we should implement the death penalty for fatalities incurred during drunk driving.

-

But seriously, whether the victim dies or not, compensating them for income lost during the time period lost is only fair if the driver is completely at fault. The difference being if the victim dies, the driver has to recompense that lost income to their next-of-kin as well as going to jail for manslaughter (if it's proven they turned around and hit the victim again on purpose.

-

I think GH's point is that you have to look at the incident in its totality. If the driver didn't mean to run over the victim, then that has to be taken into account when assessing the penalty.

Of course... we're too lenient on drunk driving here. Personally, I think a mandatory jail sentence for any drunk driving accident is a good idea. A minimum of one month seems sufficient deterrent.
    Last edited by niky; July 10th, 2012 at 01:31 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    I went to a party, Mom,
    I remembered what you said.
    You told me not to drink, Mom,
    So I drank soda instead.

I really felt proud inside, Mom,
    The way you said I would.
    I didn't drink and drive, Mom,
    Even though the others said I should.

I know I did the right thing, Mom,
    I know you are always right.
    Now the party is finally ending, Mom,
    As everyone is driving out of sight.

As I got into my car, Mom,
    I knew I'd get home in one piece.
    Because of the way you raised me,
    So responsible and sweet.

I started to drive away, Mom,
    But as I pulled out into the road,
    The other car didn't see me, Mom,
    And hit me like a load.

As I lay there on the pavement, Mom,
    I hear the policeman say,
    "The other guy is drunk," Mom,
    And now I'm the one who will pay.

I'm lying here dying, Mom...
    I wish you'd get here soon.
    How could this happen to me, Mom?
    My life just burst like a balloon.

There is blood all around me, Mom,
    And most of it is mine.
    I hear the medic say, Mom,
    I'll die in a short time.

I just wanted to tell you, Mom,
    I swear I didn't drink.
    It was the others, Mom.
    The others didn't think.

He was probably at the same party as I.
    The only difference is, he drank
    And I will die.

Why do people drink, Mom?
    It can ruin your whole life.
    I'm feeling sharp pains now.
    Pains just like a knife.

The guy who hit me is walking, Mom,
    And I don't think it's fair.
    I'm lying here dying
    And all he can do is stare.

Tell my brother not to cry, Mom.
    Tell Daddy to be brave.
    And when I go to heaven, Mom,
    Put "Daddy's Girl" on my grave.

Someone should have told him, Mom,
    Not to drink and drive.
    If only they had told him, Mom,
    I would still be alive.

My breath is getting shorter, Mom.
    I'm becoming very scared.
    Please don't cry for me, Mom.
    When I needed you,
    you were always there.

I have one last question, Mom.
    Before I say good bye.
    I didn't drink and drive,
    So why am I the one to die?
    If you're with the side of the victim,- what would you say?...

My dear bros,- IT WAS NOT AN ACCIDENT. Rather, it was a result of an irresponsible action of an adult.

16.2K:bat:
    Last edited by CVT; July 10th, 2012 at 01:47 PM.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Sa mga road accident usual na dinadahilan nawalan ng brake eh di ba as a car owner/driver responsibilidad nyo tingnan kung may laman pa brake fluid or may tagas ba mga hose.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Which is why we should implement the death penalty for fatalities incurred during drunk driving.

-

But seriously, whether the victim dies or not, compensating them for income lost during the time period lost is only fair if the driver is completely at fault. The difference being if the victim dies, the driver has to recompense that lost income to their next-of-kin as well as going to jail for manslaughter (if it's proven they turned around and hit the victim again on purpose.

-

I think GH's point is that you have to look at the incident in its totality. If the driver didn't mean to run over the victim, then that has to be taken into account when assessing the penalty.

Of course... we're too lenient on drunk driving here. Personally, I think a mandatory jail sentence for any drunk driving accident is a good idea. A minimum of one month seems sufficient deterrent.
    Bro.,- no driver, drunk or otherwise, would accept that he meant to run over the victim, and so....

16.2K:bat:

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    you call this an ACCIDENT? the driver was DRUNK! this drunken driver ran over a pedestrian who was rightly walking on the pedestrian lane. this poor pedestrian will lose his legs. he will no longer be able to work. he will never be able to attain his full potential. he will never be able to play basketball with the baby that his wife will deliver in a few months. what is the difference between a drunk driver and a low life with a gun who shoots an innocent pedestrian on the street? the only difference is that one uses a gun and the other uses a 2 ton suv. they are the same, they both deserve to be called criminals. they both deserve to pay and suffer.

btw, i am not being emotional about this (can you see my face, am i hysterical?) i am being perfectly rational. i still do walk on sidewalks as i, too, am a pedestrian when i am not in my car. as my whole family when they are not in the car. i am perfectly rational to ask that the penalties for a DRUNK DRIVER injuring and killing people with their cars be raised to the level of that of common low life criminals. what is wrong with that?

common GH, you are a fair man. if ever there is a time we should take sides it is this time. and i think we should take the side of the victim not the criminal.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    you call this an ACCIDENT? the driver was DRUNK! this drunken driver ran over a pedestrian who was rightly walking on the pedestrian lane. this poor pedestrian will lose his legs. he will no longer be able to work. he will never be able to attain his full potential. he will never be able to play basketball with the baby that his wife will deliver in a few months. what is the difference between a drunk driver and a low life with a gun who shoots an innocent pedestrian on the street? the only difference is that one uses a gun and the other uses a 2 ton suv. they are the same, they both deserve to be called criminals. they both deserve to pay and suffer.

btw, i am not being emotional about this (can you see my face, am i hysterical?) i am being perfectly rational. i still do walk on sidewalks as i, too, am a pedestrian when i am not in my car. as my whole family when they are not in the car. i am perfectly rational to ask that the penalties for a DRUNK DRIVER injuring and killing people with their cars be raised to the level of that of common low life criminals. what is wrong with that?

common GH, you are a fair man. if ever there is a time we should take sides it is this time. and i think we should take the side of the victim not the criminal.

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Pedestrian critical in San Juan accident.  (Involving Montero Sport)