New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hmmm... Sorry to hear about your loss, Bro. If I recall correctly, the Supreme Court was supposed to have issued a ruling about Pay Parking establishments being liable for theft, and the like. If they charge for parking, they should also be liable for theft, etc. I don't know if there was a petition against the ruling tho.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    I passed by Ortigas this morning and saw the Park Plus location.

It's not secured to park there especially at night. The place is really open. The area is not really fenced. It has small posts and, I think, chains. Anybody could get in & out of the area without passing entrance/exit.

:toma: [SIZE="2"]2966[/SIZE]

3. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    i park in that parking area almost everyday. it's not really secure. that's why i always make sure i park in the area where most people pass by.

good news is that they already have a photo of the suspect captured by their security cam. yes.. they have a security cam. the girl at the entrace showed me the screenshots. hopefully they'll be able to capture that bad cheetah. wag lang sanang mabasa tong post ko baka hindi na pumunta sa parkplus parking.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    yes never leave anything i mportant or expensive in the car. My friends BF lost his laptop in pretty much the same way.

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by IMm29 View Post
    Hmmm... Sorry to hear about your loss, Bro. If I recall correctly, the Supreme Court was supposed to have issued a ruling about Pay Parking establishments being liable for theft, and the like. If they charge for parking, they should also be liable for theft, etc. I don't know if there was a petition against the ruling tho.
    Yan yata yung kaso sa Kamayan, valet parking...yun at nawala yung kotse.

Kamayan/Triple V group was held liable for the lost.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    mahirap talaga pag natatanaw ng tao kung ano ang nasa loob ng oto natin, i sometimes bring ng wife's laptop to the office and i always make it a point na ilagay sa trunk ang laptop, tapos sa sobrang kapraningan ko, naka security cable pa ung laptop

let's all be vigilant and pro active against any possibilities of theft

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    sorry for that terrible loss. you mentioned that you always bring it along
    so it's very possible that there was an inside job. somebody who knows what
    time you arrive etc. well, it seems window smashing are their new style
    these days. i remember an x5 parked at alex car restoration with broken
    right rear pass window. tsk tsk - another victim most likely.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    I'm just wondering why didn't he take his photo equipment with him? Is the bag too large? Mahirap bang dalhin? I'm sure he must have his reasons. I'd never leave something like that in the car, kahit pa dito sa garahe namin naka-park.

Not to defend parking lot entrepreneurs, but I believe what we're paying for is space, nothing more. Throw security into the mix and it probably won't be profitable for them anymore, not unless they jack up their prices to cover their insurance costs.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    saka friend ko nanakaw yugn Ipod nugn nakapark dun sa may Mcdo area sa Macapagal. glass cutter ginamit para makapasok. Mala cat burglar na ang petty pinoy thieves!

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogeyman View Post
    Sad to say, nearly every parking lot (indoor and outdoor) has the same alibi; all they offer is the space, so that's all you pay for. Crappy deal, I know, but that's the best they can come up with. The part about actual security, they leave it to the owner or worse, the insurance company.

Honestly, the poster was a bit remiss in leaving his gear on the passenger seat, where it sits in plain view and offers a tempting opportunity for theft. Hindsight is always 20/20, and as he said, the trunk would have been a more logical storage space. Never mind if he has to miss a number of 'opportunity shots'; better that than permanently missing the entire gear. Putting on window tints, as ILD suggested, is another good idea.

And if you really must leave your larger valuables inside the car, be sure to make them as obscure as possible. Place them on the floor, and cover them with a jacket, blanket or any sizeable piece of cloth. If you can hide them under the seats, so much the better. Whether I park indoors or outdoors, the drill is always the same: keep money and valuables hidden from view, and NEVER leave the parking ticket/proximity card in the car. Don't let those high fences, thick walls and roving guards lull you into a false sense of security.

This is one of the more expensive learning experiences I've read about. But, as they say about other misfortunes, it could have been worse.
    +1 on this.

That's why when I have to leave my laptop in the car, it is in the trunk area and is fastened to a tie-hook via a laptop cable. Then I also lock the glove compartment so that they can't pry away important documents such as the OR/CR of the car.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
park plus parking lot in ortigas