New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    There is just no way you can mount/retrofit HID headlights on a car that has halogens to begin with while avoiding the problem of glare at the same time.

This is a good read for HID: http://www.danielsternlighting.com/t...s/Hid/HID.html

HID is more than just bulbs, ballasts, relays and projectors. The headlamp assembly has to be designed from the ground up to accept an HID system properly because the way halogens and HIDs work is too vastly different. That's why I admonish people who are tempted to "upgrade" to HIDs not to push through with it. Leave all those headaches to the manufacturers and just get a car that has HIDs as stock---you'll have no problems with cutoff, glare, beam pattern and beam spread whatsoever.

No problems with angry motorists and the law, too.

If you have halogen headlights and just want a brighter beam, I highly recommend OSRAM Silverstars and proper alignment of your headlamps. Those are much cheaper than any HID kit at PhP1200 for a pair.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by XTO View Post
    isa na namang irresponsible owner yan na ang inuna eh ang sariling porma ride nila yan, yan ang katwiran nila at hindi sila ang masisilaw..... bright mo rin pag me nakasalubong kang ganyan, in my case i don't flash.... todo rin ang silverstar ko para lusot sa batok nya. kasi kung responsible yang mga yan they're going to aim it na equivalent lang sa low beam. the prob is yung ibang owner nyan alang hi beam.
    LOL natawa ako doon sa lusot sa batok ah.

Porma ba kamo?? Demet, tawag ko dyan kajologan. And yeah, mga bwisit yang mga yan. Jologs talaga, HID tapos naka full tint. I wonder ano kayang mangyayari kung maaksidente sila sa mga ginagawa nila. Di hamak pwede silang maaksidente doon dahil hindi sila maaligan ng maayos ng mga kasalubong na sasakyan.

Minsan nakakapagtaka kung ang mga pinoys may values pa noh? Simple lang naman iyon, you don't have to get a degree to understand what's annoying or not pero ang dami pa rin nagpapakabit ng HID jologs.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    the prob is yung ibang owner nyan alang hi beam.
    Tell me about it. The worst place you can face a car like this is when you're parked and the driver decides to park in front of your slot with his car pointing outward.

Naranasan ko iyan sa Festival Mall. Pesky Eclipse on badly aimed HIDs practically blinded me.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    how about HIDs on the tail light?

i was driving yesterday along taft avenue and this lancer infront of me has very very bright tail lights (not the brakelights). parang HID sa liwanag. he/she even has matching super bright signal lights. sakit sa mata and takaw aksidente.

hindi ba bawal ito?

5. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    I agree that far too many Pinoys put extra-bright headlights and it's a pain in the butt.

And that HID's cannot be properly retrofitted. But look at the Mazda3 2.0R -- does it have the mechanical dim-dip mechanism and the auto-leveler which are mandatory on HID-equipped vehicles in the West? I don't think so...

Arguably Mazda3 is not so bad -- the low beam is projector type so it's safer to put a HID on a Mazda3 than say, on a Jazz. But still -- having no auto-leveler and no dim-dip still makes it non-compliant.

As for the dark tint -- you guys don't get it.. I have super-dark tint. Helps on sunny days because the Mazda3 has a weak A/C system. Actually all Mazda's have weak A/C....

Now unfortunately the full windshield tint makes night driving... a challenge sometimes. Would I put HID's on my low beams? the thought has crossed my mind. Does that make me an idiot or "jologs?" I would disagree.

BTW if someone blinds / dazzles you and does not dim their lights, it's not a good idea to blind them back. Disgrasya kaharap mo nun. Better na ikaw lang ang blinded, para maka-ilag pa ang mokong, kesa kayong dalawa walang nakikita.

Mga jeepney notorious diyan. I hate those jeepneys, nabubulag pa rin ako in spite of my full windshield tint. But I don't blind them back. Ayoko ng banggaan.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    orly, if you don't flash them back... how would they know that they're blinding other vehicles?

7. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    We seem to be forgetting what we should be doing when an oncoming car has headlights on high beam: Shift your eyesight slightly to the right and follow the gutters instead of the asphalt.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda View Post
    orly, if you don't flash them back... how would they know that they're blinding other vehicles?
    I think what he meant was flashing them back (isang pitik lang) is OK to warn them. Some people kasi they hold the high beam on pag may nakatapat sila na naka-high din.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    im not against HID's pero dumadami ng umaabuso talaga... ampangit ng aim ng ibang headlight madalas...

10. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda View Post
    Two things: if they're clueless as to what flashing does, it won't help and may aggravate the situation for other motorists, and also there's no guarantee that flashing them will mean they will obey turning off the high beams.

Type 100 and Orly said it right.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Ogag na may-ari ng ZDG 261 Honda City or Jazz' HID lights sagabal!!