Page 1 of 24 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    'NO PLATE, NO TRAVEL POLICY'
    66 vehicles impounded for not having license plates

Posted 04:16pm (Mla time) May 19, 2005
    By Theodora Alberto
    INQ7.net

FORTY-EIGHT vehicles and 18 motorcycles that do not have plate numbers or are illegally registered have been impounded at the Camp Crame national police headquarters on Thursday after the "unannounced" implementation of the "no plate, no travel" policy by the Philippine National Police.
    The impounded vehicles, all from Metro Manila, were seized by the PNP in operations that started early on the same day.

Department of Interior and Local Government (DILG) Secretary Angelo Reyes inspected the impounded vehicles and said the policy would be implemented all over the country.

"In the continuing fight against crime and violations of the law, we have ordered the Traffic Management Group of the entire PNP to impound all vehicles and motorcycles with no plates, unauthorized plates, expired plates, and expired conduction stickers or fabricated plates," Reyes told a press conference.

"We will impound and impound until such time that everybody will learn to respect the law, very simple regulation [motorists cannot follow]," Reyes added.

Reyes said most of those that were impounded on Thursday were newly purchased, but he added that owners should not use this as an excuse not to have license plates.

He said conduction stickers provided for these vehicles were valid only for their transport to the owners' homes from the showrooms where they were bought.

"In reality, conduction stickers are only for transporting a car from the showroom to the residence, then the owner is given seven [working] days to arrange papers for the issuance of [a] plate number," said Reyes.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    I've heard of the PNP making isolated announcements on the "No Plate, No Travel" policy before, so this hardly comes as a surprise to me.

Buti na lang nag-insist kami na kunin yung plaka kasabay ng unit sa showroom...
    Last edited by Bogeyman; May 19th, 2005 at 06:28 PM.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Yeah yeah... kagabi lang may 89-92 Galant walang plaka sa harap eh. Nakapark sa Caltex KFC Buendia.

Di pa nate-tyempuhan or matapang yung may-ari dahil malakas ang kapit?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    eh yung mga ibang idiotico government vehicles nga ang walang plaka eh..how did i know government vehicle sila even if i did not see red plates? they were damn police revos or otherwise had those stickers at their doors

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    mga fx nga lang, kung saan saan byahe, d pa mahuli, syempre, mga private vehicles titirahin kasi sila ang may pera.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    as to reyes' comments as posted by baldo...

what if it took more than 7 days? di ka makakatravel right? eh what for na bumili ka kotse if you can't travel, and hindi mo naman kasalanan na you haven't gotten the plate yet? dami butas yang mga rules na yan eh, yun ang masama.

our plate kasi took almost 3 weeks to arrive. dunno why. basta antagal, di naman kami natiyempohan.

7. Join Date
    May 2005
    good morning. I also got my plate 3 weeks after I got my vehicle, and that is with kasamang pangungulit. the question I would like to throw to everyone is this?
    1. ano nga ba ang procedure ng pag process ng plates na yan, bakit ang tagal?
    2. Di ba ang registration isang araw lang? san napupunta yung ibang araw?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Madami kasing mga motorist ang nagpapatakbo ng sasakyan na walang plate, mga iba nagpapalusot, mga iba naman valid ang reasons. But making it more uncomfortable to many is that like KCboy said, inuuna nilang huliin ang mga private motorist.

OT: Dito sa Cavite daming mga passenger jeeps na green plate. Di ba bawal 'yon? Takot ba mga LTO/pulis sa mga jeepney organizations nila, dahil baka mag-strike?

9. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    kuyapete: your questions are as good as mine ;)

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sa Sapang Palay, Bulacan lang halos lahat ng sasakyan ng city hall ang ng police force walang plaka, eh.

Hulihin na lang nila ang isa't-isa! Hehehe.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

Page 1 of 24 1234511 ... LastLast
No Plate, No Travel Policy