New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    No offense to uniformed personnel on this forum.

I'd just like to ask if the procedure for a routine traffic stop by PNP personnel has changed in the past few years.

My uncle (an official from the D.I. at Camp Crame) said back then that the procedure is similar to what is being done in the U.S., meaning the vehicle is pulled over to the side of the road, police vehicle stops behind vehicle being pulled over.

Then the police officer ALIGHTS FROM THE POLICE VEHICLE and assess the situation and proceeds to the driver of the other vehicle to inform him of the reason for the traffic stop. Driver asked to maintain hands on steering wheel and front passenger (if present) maintains hand on dashboard).

The reason I'm asking is I've been seeing a lot of traffic stops in my area wherein the Police motion the driver (in a somewhat rude way, like calling a dog) to alight from his vehicle and proceed to the police vehicle on foot while the police officer remains in the police vehicle at all times.

Is this a new procedure or bawal na ba maarawan at mainitan ang kapulisan?

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    power tripping, bro. . .they think they're the ones being served

3. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Susme, ano pa ba ang aasahan natin sa mga kaulisan este kapulisan natin? Kayo naman, wala namang inisip yan mga yan kundi kotong at lagay sa mga ilegal na gawain. Kaya kahit anong gawing mga moral at human rights seminar sa mga yan wala rin, kasi ang gusto nila mas barumbado, mas tarantado at mas astig ok na ok sa kanila. Ipadala mo sa mga hot spots yan sa Pilipinas kundi bahag ang buntot ng mga yan.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    It depends on the vehicle. Pag magara yung sasakyan at di naman mukhang driver lang yung nasa likod ng manibela, pulis mismo ang lalapit. Pero pag luma na ang sasakyan or PUV at mukhang jologs yung driver, then susutsutan lang ng pulis para yung driver na mismo ang lumapit.

But seriously, tama naman yung uncle ni Otep. Dapat hindi bumaba yung driver ng sasakyan at pulis dapat mismo ang lumapit.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Hindi kaya runner ng pulis ang pinara niya?....

If not, then that is so rude and unprofessional!

10.5K:band:

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    No offense to uniformed personnel on this forum.

I'd just like to ask if the procedure for a routine traffic stop by PNP personnel has changed in the past few years.

My uncle (an official from the D.I. at Camp Crame) said back then that the procedure is similar to what is being done in the U.S., meaning the vehicle is pulled over to the side of the road, police vehicle stops behind vehicle being pulled over.

Then the police officer ALIGHTS FROM THE POLICE VEHICLE and assess the situation and proceeds to the driver of the other vehicle to inform him of the reason for the traffic stop. Driver asked to maintain hands on steering wheel and front passenger (if present) maintains hand on dashboard).

The reason I'm asking is I've been seeing a lot of traffic stops in my area wherein the Police motion the driver (in a somewhat rude way, like calling a dog) to alight from his vehicle and proceed to the police vehicle on foot while the police officer remains in the police vehicle at all times.

Is this a new procedure or bawal na ba maarawan at mainitan ang kapulisan?
    Most definitely not police SOP for routine traffic stops. Baka hulidap 'yan.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Parang ganito din yung na-Imbestigador dati sa SM Baliwag.

Btw, I see this in the Q.C. area madalas.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    madalas pa yang mga mobile na yan pag may pinaparang sasakyan, wala silang pakialam kung nakahambalang sila sa kalye. akala mo kung sinong mga siga pag nahuli naman ni TULFO mangiyak-ngiyak kulang na lang lumobo sipon daig pa ang batang paslit! perwisyong mga bruho!

9. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Ewan ko ba sa ating kapulisan. Mga ou-of-this-world. Parang nasasayang lang ang ibinabayad nating buwis sa tuwing maglalabas tayo at tatanggap tayo ng pera. Talaga yatang wala ng patutunguhan ang bansa natin kung magpapatuloy ng ganito ang mga nanunungkulan sa atin.

Sana, kung pwede lang tayo mag Quality Assurance sa kanila para naman nasa "standards" ang ginagawa nila. Kawawa naman ang Pilipinas. Kawawa naman ang mga susunod na henerasyon ng Pilipino.

Hay...

May pulis, may pulis sa ilalim ng tulay....

Nag-iba na ba ang procedure for a routine traffic stop by PNP Personnel?