New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2004
    Good day peeps! Well i guess it's not for me.

I met an accident this morning around 9:30, along Paseo de Roxas cor Villar St in Makati. My ride was hit at the driver by a taxi cab. Not really that big, but enough to stress a latero and a good car painter. Thank God I was not harmed.
    Anyway, what happened was. After crossing Makati Avenue, moving along Paseo. This cab on my left side tail sneak beside me. Which i thought is going straight too. Since he is beside the middle island, and I was on the next lane beside him. But when we reached Citibank's front building, the driver suddenly turned right. Without even signaling and waiting for me to pass by. Since I am ahead of him. Of course without even thinking, he'll hit me.
    Gulat ako ng biglang may "blog" sa side ko!
    Tapos syempre kesyo-kesyo yung matandang driver. But he admitted that he's at fault. Nagmakaawa pa na magtrabaho na lang daw sya samin without pay just to cover the damage. And so on and so forth. Well, as a christian ano pa ba magagawa natin. Eh hindi naman sa kanya ang taxi.
    Sabi ko na lang sign everything. Then we'll proceed to mkti city hall to have our case filed, para sa police report.
    Here goes, while driving towards ayala and passing by South cemetery. The cab suddenly disappeared. Di ko napansin kung saan lumusot. What I'm holding lang is his driver's license, coz the mapsa guy gave the OR/CR to him. (stupid me!!).
    Anyway, i still filed the case. But I'm sure di na magpapakita yon. Sayang lang kasi di ko naman sya sisingilin coz may insurance naman ako. All I wanted is the completion of police report.

Taxi driver's name: Ricardo Cadelena Asuncion, of Sto. Rosario St. Fatima CPD Val. City. With Licennce N05-79-029733; TVR 0445622.
    Taxi cab name: LOTTIE ANN; operator YAS & SONNY CORP; with address at 406 Midland Mansion 839 Pasay Rd. Mkti. City.

Now I'm thinking of pursuing a hit & run case against the driver para madala. Naawa ka na nga gagaguhin ka pa.
    What do you suggest guys? Any recommendations on how i can expedite the case?

Thanks,

Silhouette

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Wait till what the police would come up to then doon mo balikan yung driver.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Sarap nga bigyan ng leksyon but it won't hold. You got kasi his license so can't say that its a hit and run. Habulin mo na lang operator. Pasulatan mo sa lawyer mo.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Actually, you were already nice, but the driver took advantage of your sweetness. I think it's time to teach him a lesson on responsibility. It's his profession to be driving behind the wheel, therefore he is responsible for every act he/she does. He has to be careful. Most taxi drivers drives recklessly, and if they hit someone, they just apologize and scratch their heads.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    If you have the time and the inclination, going through the legal process is a good move. Tandaan mo, ikaw ang na-agrabyado, hindi siya.

Deym, it just goes to show that experience isn't necessarily a good gauge of driver's ability. He's been driving since '79 and still stupid...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pwede mo ring habulin yung operator ng taxi. mas mapapabilis ang takbo mo este proseso ng paghahabol mo

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    G*go naman 'yong taxi driver na 'yon! If you're going to pursue a lawsuit against him, lalo ka lang maaabala, besides kung covered naman na ng insurance okay na ciguro 'yon. Kung may number ka nung owner nung taxi inform mo na rin, para ma track mo 'yong driver ng taxi driver. Usually di ba 'yon phone number nakasulat sa mga pintuan ng taxi?

8. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    sana sinabi mo sa kanya na kailangan mo lang mag file ng report sa police para sa insurance claim ng sa ganon ay maintindihan nong matandang driver ung intention mo. dahilan na rin siguro sa takot ng driver kaya naisipan na lang nyang umiskwerda.

ganyan tlga ang buhay sa atin d2, dahil na nga rin sa kahirapan pag medjo nagigipit ay nawawala na sa maayos na pangangatwiran at pag akto sa ginagawa.

kung mai claim mo naman ung damages sa insurance ng hinde na kailangang habolin pa ung driver, ay makakabuting huwag mo syang kasohan. mahirap naman ung tao at hinde natin alam kung sya lang ang bumubuhay sa familya nya.

bukod dyan malamang mabigyan ka naman ng ibang biyaya sa ibang paraan.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    hmm well technically it may not have been a hit and run..but he did run before settling it so...so there. hehehe

haayy ganyan talaga. ganyan den kme minsan. mabait sa bumangga in the end sinasamatala kami akala madali kme mauto. Yan ang nakakainis talaga. Next time give everyone the benefit of the doubt na nde ka nila gagantihan ng mabuti sa mabuting asal na gagawin mo.

what if idaan mo den sa operator. may evidence naman eh. yung license nung driver. hehehe nde ba pede yun? tutal driver nila nakabangga. sila na bahala kung ano gagawin nila sa driver nila...

10. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Ituloy mo na yan. Huwag ka maawa sa mga taong ganyan. Bigyan ng leksyon.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
My ride was hit