New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    While there is some leeway, 114 km/h is a little beyond the bounds of typical speedometer error... 105 km/h or so, you can still put up a defense, but 114 km/h will almost always show as at least 110 km/h on the speedometer.

-

You got unlucky. Too bad the patrolmen are too "by-the-book" to accept a bribe, but that's what it takes to really enforce the law... don't give offenders a way to weasel out.

-

160 km/h is only a realistic upper speed limit if the lower speed limit for that area is 120. Given that many cars on the road are unstable at 120 km/h (AUVs, cab-forward vans, tall SUVs) and dangerously unstable at 160 km/h, especially if they suffer a blow-out.... that's not going to happen unless you ban everything that isn't a low-riding sedan from the expressway.
    Last edited by niky; April 10th, 2012 at 07:16 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    OT, scare tactics lang mga friends, a head on collision at 100 kph is almost unsurvivable even with the safest cars:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5vbNbxD6bw]Bmw and Volvo crash test at 60 mph/ 90 km/h each - YouTube[/ame]

3. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    it should be raised to 120kph and an allowance of up to 140kph.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Marami dito nagrereklamo because of the relatively low speed-limit. But we can't do anything about it but follow it. If we choose not to, at least we're ready with the consequences we might face.

Kung speed freak ka, buy a laser jammer.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Ako okay na sa 100kph. Time management na lang para iwas sa paghahabol sa appointment.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

6. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Sorry to hear your predicament. I too share your sentiments and many sentiments of our members here. I wish that the speed limit be higher than 100 kph. However, I believe that the Filipino driver is not disciplined a driver enough to drive beyond the designated limits. Therefore, rather than pull my hair and complain about it, I try to look at the bright side. For one, the speed limit keeps me from driving like a maniac. My challenge nowadays is to pin my speedometer's needle on the 100 kph mark as long and as consistently as possible. This means I save fuel by not 'gunning' the accelerator, weaving in and out of lanes, or having to brake and/or down shift to gain back momentum. At most, I anticipate the traffic more, by switching lanes way ahead, and using utmost courtesy by using my signal lights and not cutting into the lanes of slower traffic. Just this afternoon, I was driving along SLEX northbound along with a Ford Fiesta S. The guy was blasting his motor around 110-120 kph, weaving in and out of traffic. After three or four exits, I was behind him by 2 car lengths. All I did was stick to the 100 kph speed limit. No braking, no punching, no downshifting, no wasting of fuel. Two benefits I see here. First, I save fuel. Second, I lessen my risks. I would rather save on fuel and arrive alive than risk myself from a fatal accident. After all, I have loved ones who depend on me.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    ^ Isa pa, if ever the limit was raised to 140kph may magrereklamo pa rin kung bakit hindi gawin 160kph etc...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sobrang bagal ko pala mag drive. hahaha. i hardly reach 100kph sa expressways eh. kung mag oovertake lang ako. haha. usually nasa 80kph lang para tipid mode sa gas. haha.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    ^ Isa pa, if ever the limit was raised to 140kph may magrereklamo pa rin kung bakit hindi gawin 160kph etc...
    not really. Many (if not most) would be happy with a 140kph limit.

10. Join Date
    May 2006
    *TS -isipin mo na lang na para na din sa kaligtasan nyo/natin kaya 100kph lang ang speed limit sa skyway... saka mas ok na siguro ang sumunod tayo sa batas trapiko tutal tayo din ang magbe-benifit dito...

naalala ko tuloy yung sinabi ng coach namin sa basketball nung elementary ako na ang no. 1 na dapat na maging character ng isang basketball player e yung merong 'DISIPLINA'... na na-realized ko din na di lang sa basketball applicable 'to, as in sa lahat ng bagay...

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
My dad got caught sa Skyway (April 5, 2012) - 114 km/h - license plate confiscated