New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Install ka nalang ng magandang CCTV. Then pa repair mo auto mo. In case the guy tries it again. At least you have proof and you can bring it to the proper authorities.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by erick_214 View Post
    Magpark ka nalang sa loob ng garahe mo tapos bili ka ng watergun at brake fluid para makagante ka. Honestly, yan ang ginagawa ko twing may nagpapark sa tapat ng gate namin, yung mga bisita ng kapitbahay namin. Ako lage ako nagpapark sa loob ng garahe at ginastusan ko talaga para magkagarahe tapos magpapark sa tapat ng gate ko...Ayun brake fluid lang ang katapat ng ganyan at night...hEhEhE

Quote Originally Posted by erick_214 View Post
    Yeah, right! Ilang taon ka na ba nagd-drive? Saang driving school ka ba nag-enroll? Ito na nga ba sinasabi ko sa mga driving schools eh, tinuturuan lang nilang magpaandar ng kotse mga estudyante nila...

Tsaka sabagay, dahil village yan malamang may sarili kayong mundo dyan. Better talk to your assoc pres about the matter.

Teka, pareho ba kayong nakasampa sa sidewalk? Talagang gumawa ka pa ng yellow-black stripe na pang harang, anu yan nabili mo rin yung kalsada sa tapat ng bahay nyo?

And, squirting brake fluid to other people's car is different from parking in the streets. Parang ganito lang yan eh, pag binato ka ng bato, batuhin mo ng 2 tinapay at isunod mo yung bato...
    Someone hasn't growned up yet. He still longs to play with water guns.

Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    With the Corolla picture. I arrived first so I parked the car in a way na hindi makakaharang sa driveway namin. Pinilit niya pa rin yung parking niya though. And by the way, with parking like that, I actually had the right to have him towed since half the car was on the cemented portion in front of our wall, which is still legally part of our property. Like I said previously, we had that made precisely so I can park the car there so it doesn't protrude onto the road.

Also, wala namang law na bawal magpark sa tapat ng driveway ng ibang tao, just as there aren't any regulations by the owners of our village that ban people from parking on the streets. It's all about common courtesy. I would never park in front of my neighbor's house if it would mean that they would be inconvenienced. Right now though, with the current parking of their Lancer, medyo naka-harang yung likod ng Altis sa garahe namin, so kami pa nahihirapan pag ipapark yung isa pang kotse sa garahe.

Funny how you're so quick to make a judgement call on the validity of me parking on the street, yet spraying brake fluid on other people's cars isn't beneath you.
    I dont fully agree na syo pa yung kapirasong lupa na pinasemento mo na nasa harap ng bahay mo to be your parking slot. Best way to check is ask the homeowners association kung gano kalapad yung right of way sa harap ng bahay nyo, nasa subdivision plans yan. Divide it by two and start measuring sa gitna ng kalsada (considering na 2-way street yan). The exact measurement covers/includes the sidewalk.. After that dun lang start ng property line mo.

Wala na bang space sa likod ng wall mo para maging parking slot mo? I think you should consider minor renovations to accommodate your 2nd car.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    In all residential areas I've been to, be it here or in another country, street parking has never been disallowed. After all, as long as residents park in an orderly and considerate manner (i.e. no double parking and taking into account others' driveways), it harms nobody and benefits a lot of people.

Street parkers are well aware that their cars are more exposed to harm than if they were placed in a garage, which is why I'm sure most people would want to have one if they could. Not everyone gets to live in a vast plot of land though, especially in the metro.

As to having an actual law that prohibits street parking in residential areas? Haha, good luck with that. Even the most exclusive subdivisions in our country are filled with cars parked on the streets.
    Yes I know but dont you notice its getting worse every now and then, like samin dati isa lang kotse kapit bahay ko ngayon 2 na ayun nakabalandra sa kalsada, now our street became zigzag road. Di lang samin kahit sa everyday route ko cars are parked everywhere. Not to mention the growing numbers of motorcycle being parked on street as well some of them park perpendicular, tsk, tsk. 2 way street became one way hassle pag may kasalubong.

Mga illegal settlers nga samin may kotse na rin nasa kanila na yung pinaglumaan ng middle class kasi mga middle class ngayon can afford a brand new, yun saan ba nila ipaparada yun edi sa kalsada din tabi ng tricycle pedicab nila, pati pampasadang jeep.

I think the gov't must do something about this.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by stickers View Post
    Someone hasn't growned up yet. He still longs to play with water guns.

I dont fully agree na syo pa yung kapirasong lupa na pinasemento mo na nasa harap ng bahay mo to be your parking slot. Best way to check is ask the homeowners association kung gano kalapad yung right of way sa harap ng bahay nyo, nasa subdivision plans yan. Divide it by two and start measuring sa gitna ng kalsada (considering na 2-way street yan). The exact measurement covers/includes the sidewalk.. After that dun lang start ng property line mo.

Wala na bang space sa likod ng wall mo para maging parking slot mo? I think you should consider minor renovations to accommodate your 2nd car.
    Yup tinanong naman namin before we had it done, and puwede naman daw.

As for getting our garden converted to the garage, medyo mahirap din kasi elevated yung garden and hindi niya kalevel yung street so matinding pagbubungkal din if ever. If it was the only way though, we'd have gone through with it, but ultimately we didn't since pinayagan naman kami to just cement the front part, and also because street parking is allowed on our street.

Yes I know but dont you notice its getting worse every now and then, like samin dati isa lang kotse kapit bahay ko ngayon 2 na ayun nakabalandra sa kalsada, now our street became zigzag road. Di lang samin kahit sa everyday route ko cars are parked everywhere. Not to mention the growing numbers of motorcycle being parked on street as well some of them park perpendicular, tsk, tsk. 2 way street became one way hassle pag may kasalubong.

Mga illegal settlers nga samin may kotse na rin nasa kanila na yung pinaglumaan ng middle class kasi mga middle class ngayon can afford a brand new, yun saan ba nila ipaparada yun edi sa kalsada din tabi ng tricycle pedicab nila, pati pampasadang jeep.

I think the gov't must do something about this.
    Yung disiplina lang talaga yung mahirap dito. I kinda like the village ruling in one of my friend's subdivisions, one-side parking lang talaga lahat, and puwedeng ipa-tow yung makulit. There's actually this part in our street that could benefit from that, since nagdoduble park sila. Buti nalang kasya pa kotse in between pero medyo masikip.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
My Car Was Keyed. What to Do?